NHL 2021 Irregular Season and Plagueoffs

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really think the Caps will come to regret trading Vrana, it'll go down as our next Forsberg trade

Pretty sure Mantha already has twice the goals Erat did in his whole time with the Caps, so it won't be nearly that bad.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah I saw the goal last night, pretty slick backhand we didn't get to see him use a whole lot here. Wish he was a little more animated after scoring, though, he used to be pretty happy potting goals.

That's definitely something to pay attention to. How happy he is with the team will likely have a big influence on his next contract. Detroit certainly isn't that attractive of a team right now, but with Seider and Raymond in the pipeline, Rasmussen and Zadina showing steady improvement, and Veleno looking good in his first 2 games, there is some hope for the future.

Merrith

That's definitely something to pay attention to. How happy he is with the team will likely have a big influence on his next contract. Detroit certainly isn't that attractive of a team right now, but with Seider and Raymond in the pipeline, Rasmussen and Zadina showing steady improvement, and Veleno looking good in his first 2 games, there is some hope for the future.

It could have just been because you were down 2-0, and he got you on the board, so kind of a "okay, work not done, though, we're still down in this game guys" mentality. I just want to see him reach his potential and be happy. It can be a tough situation, he was a 1st round pick for us and won a Cup here...then goes to a team that is rebuilding.

Merrith

Now they can officially do deals and such I believe for the expansion draft?

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Dillon, please.
My expectation is that they'll take Oshie to be the face of the franchise since he's from Seattle. In the short term I wouldn't be happy about losing him, but he's getting up there and I don't know if he'll be worth his price by the end of his contract

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My expectation is that they'll take Oshie to be the face of the franchise since he's from Seattle. In the short term I wouldn't be happy about losing him, but he's getting up there and I don't know if he'll be worth his price by the end of his contract
I dont want that contract + age. Woof. I dont want Tyler Johnson either for the same reason.

Animosity

Oshie is a lot more of a player still than Johnson is, though.
Doesnt make him anymore enticing. And hes signed longer too. People who think getting him "would be awesome!" are dumb and will hate his contract in another year.

Merrith

Doesnt make him anymore enticing. And hes signed longer too. People who think getting him "would be awesome!" are dumb and will hate his contract in another year.

It might take 2-3 more years, but eventually it'll be bad

Animosity

Wings goaltending has been standing on their heads the last 2 weeks. Pretty damn impressive.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Wings goaltending has been standing on their heads the last 2 weeks. Pretty damn impressive.

Bernier is back to his usual self and Greiss seems to have gotten his shit together. Unless we're going to give one of the prospects a shot next year, I would like to see us re sign Bernier to a few more years. Maybe have Greiss be the trade deadline bait that Bernier was supposed to be if he didn't get injured.

Fadaar

That guy
really glad the Wings tanked so hard early on, would not want to face them in the playoffs right now

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I’m going to be so god damn pissed if the wings draft 8-10 and end up picking Wallstedt.
At least in all this sucking at least they aren’t completely embarrassing like the sabres or nucks.