NHL 2021 Irregular Season and Plagueoffs

Fadaar

That guy
The most infuriating thing about this Fox Sun garbage is that you can't even get Center Ice or NHL.live because they black out the home games. How the fuck do "home" games get blacked out when you can't even go to the fucking stadium. Clown ass NHL.

Fuck em they don't want my money apparently. I'll go get Covid at the bar.

lols, my parents went back to Spectrum. they had youtube tv and not only did the price increase to where it was basically the same as cable but they dropped Sun/Fox Sports as well.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Doesn't matter, Habs are about to pass Vegas and Washington and tie Toronto with 1 less game played.

Although they will then be in the same spot Washington and Vegas were in needing to get at least a point in their next game assuming the Caps hold on to their 5-3 lead with under 8 minutes left currently.

Merrith

And there it is, Caps at 13 points 5-0-3 through 8 games. Of course in the East, that doesn't get you much as Boston and Philly are both at 11 points and Boston has only played 7 games I believe.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
The Kraken just announce they're going to be on ROOT which means they're going to be in the same position as the Avalanche. If you don't have one of these guys, you're out of luck:

AT&T TV
AT&T TV NOW
CenturyLink
DIRECTV
DISH Network
Wave
Xfinity/Comcast

Mrs. Haus

Angry Redhead
<Bronze Donator>
The Kraken just announce they're going to be on ROOT which means they're going to be in the same position as the Avalanche. If you don't have one of these guys, you're out of luck:

AT&T TV
AT&T TV NOW
CenturyLink
DIRECTV
DISH Network
Wave
Xfinity/Comcast
In Dallas, we are having the same problem. Sinclair owns the rights to Fox Sports' channels here and I guess they wanted an ass ton of $$ so all the streaming apps like Hulu Live, Youtube TV, Sling, etc wouldn't/couldn't pay. So, it's like only ATT & Spectrum. The only streaming option is ATT TV. I have Uverse so I'm ok but other fans are not happy. Can't go to the game, can't watch it. The most ironic thing is one of the Stars' big sponsors is Frontier Communication but they don't carry Fox Sports SW...

The Mavs are also sufferings from this and, apparently, Cuban is looking at creating his own digital platform for the games. I don't know how long they are locked into a contract with Fox, though.

Fadaar

That guy
In Dallas, we are having the same problem. Sinclair owns the rights to Fox Sports' channels here and I guess they wanted an ass ton of $$ so all the streaming apps like Hulu Live, Youtube TV, Sling, etc wouldn't/couldn't pay. So, it's like only ATT & Spectrum. The only streaming option is ATT TV. I have Uverse so I'm ok but other fans are not happy. Can't go to the game, can't watch it. The most ironic thing is one of the Stars' big sponsors is Frontier Communication but they don't carry Fox Sports SW...

The Mavs are also sufferings from this and, apparently, Cuban is looking at creating his own digital platform for the games. I don't know how long they are locked into a contract with Fox, though.

Yep, same problem everyone in the Lightning market is having. It's hard to feel bad about using pirate streams when shit like this keeps happening.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mrs. Haus

Angry Redhead
<Bronze Donator>
Yep, same problem everyone in the Lightning market is having. It's hard to feel bad about using pirate streams when shit like this keeps happening.
It's so crazy, too. This is the ideal time, with people stuck at home and unable to physically go to games, to cash in on the TV market. This Sinclair Group in Dallas is going to be screwed if Cuban does indeed create his own sports service just for the Mavs. It would probably include the Stars, too, since they play out of same arena.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I don't have any cable package, but I have yet to not be able to find a game on reddit. In the MidWest there were bidding wars with At&t, Fox Sports, NBC Sports, and for a while, no one could get any games easily, so I say screw them. I watch for free.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
I don't have any cable package, but I have yet to not be able to find a game on reddit. In the MidWest there were bidding wars with At&t, Fox Sports, NBC Sports, and for a while, no one could get any games easily, so I say screw them. I watch for free.
See that's the thing. I don't mind paying for the service to watch the games. I live in Seattle now, but I'm from Chicago so I watch a ton of Hawks games. I pay for NHL.tv. I also have Hulu Live as my cable service. I just want it to be easy to watch my sports. I'll pay for it.

Except Sunday ticket. Fuck the NFL charging so much for that.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
See that's the thing. I don't mind paying for the service to watch the games. I live in Seattle now, but I'm from Chicago so I watch a ton of Hawks games. I pay for NHL.tv. I also have Hulu Live as my cable service. I just want it to be easy to watch my sports. I'll pay for it.

Except Sunday ticket. Fuck the NFL charging so much for that.

I'll never get NHL.tv again. So many blacked out games that were no where near me. No playoff games. Bloody ripoff. I could see about 1/4 of the games I wanted too.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I'll never get NHL.tv again. So many blacked out games that were no where near me. No playoff games. Bloody ripoff. I could see about 1/4 of the games I wanted too.
Do VPN's not work? I've been thinking about cord cutting myself but most free streams seem a little delayed.

Hoping ESPN buys the rights once NBC's contract is up, would make life alot easier/cheaper.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Do VPN's not work? I've been thinking about cord cutting myself but most free streams seem a little delayed.

Hoping ESPN buys the rights once NBC's contract is up, would make life alot easier/cheaper.

I stream games from reddit with great success and quality picture.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Yes VPN's work, or you can just find a free stream.

I thought I read that Fox is in the running for some of it. I hate ESPN but if that means more games not blacked out Im all for it.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, free streams are fine in a pinch but as I was saying they are usually a little delayed which is annoying. Not so annoying that it's worth keeping my $240 Verizon service or anything, was just weighing my options. Thanks for the info.

I'm all for ESPN because it's included with the Hulu tv package which would be my go-to if I cord cut.

Merrith

How many overtime games are we going to play this year lol

Meanwhile the Rangers blew a lead against the Penguins to lose in OT, Flyers beat Isles in OT, and Buffalo beat the Devils in a shootout. The East is so stupid, 5 teams have 10+ points.