NHL 2021 Irregular Season and Plagueoffs

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
Its gotta be something serious. Back in November he did an interview that said he was rejuvenated and ready to play this season. But then stayed on LTIR and now his retirement. Hopefully its just the Blackhawks saying we dont have a roster spot for you anymore with our youth movement, just stay on LTIR and enjoy the free paycheck.

You're mixing up Toews and Seabrook. Seabrook 'ended his hockey career' today. He's technically not retired though as that would fuck the Hawks with the cap. He's just forever on LTIR like Hossa and Chris Pronger.

As for Toews, this reminds me alot of Bryan Bickell. It's too bad he wasn't diagnosed sooner as he was in and out of the lineup for a bit. It also cost the Hawks Teuvo Teravainen.

If Toews does end up being out forever, that's a huge chunk of cap space that opens up between him and Seabrook.

Mrs. Haus

Angry Redhead
<Bronze Donator>
This TB vs CHI series has been the best hockey I've watched all season. Although I've been a bit frustrated with how TB has been playing I can't deny these games have been riveting.
Yeah, the last 2 games between them have been exciting to watch. I was on the edge of my seat last night hoping Tampa didn't pull out another less than a second left goal. It's awesome to see the Hawks fighting so hard.

It also shows the absolute garbage state of our team here in Dallas. Chicago finding ways to tie or win games against Tampa and Carolina, but we just skate around with our thumbs up our butt against these teams.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, apparently, the Stars are just going to end up in last place behind Detroit in our division. I'm a diehard fan, but signing Bones as head coach was a mistake. Yes, we have some major players out with injuries, but so do a lot of other teams who are wining right now. Last season with the bubble environment was a just a unique situation. Not diminishing what they accomplished, because it was awesome, just not replicable. The truth is, however, Bones doesn't have a winning record for his entire previous time as a head coach. Out of like 500+ games he only won around 140 or something. He's just not a good coach. Plus, we don't have that explosive offensive talent right now. It's simply not looking good for us.

On the flip side, I am also a Chicago fan (mostly because of Patrick Kane) so I am happy to see them fighting so hard. I also thought they were going to be crappy with them letting good players go. Towes's remarks when all that went down about how no one told them they were in a rebuild didn't inspire confidence either. Glad to see I was wrong.

Speaking of Towes, have they come out and actually said what his deal is yet? I saw the initial statement about having chronic fatigue or something, but nothing else.
You’re 1 point back with 8 games in hand. No one is out sucking Detroit this season.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I don't see how he doesn't get a decent suspension given his history.

He'll get one because he's Tom Wilson, but I'll be curious to hear their explanation of the hit, if only because the rule is written the head has to be the "main" point of contact. Don't get me wrong, the follow-through on this ends up causing his head to hit the glass, but the main point of contact is him checking him basically in his armpit. I'm expecting 5-10 games.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
He'll get one because he's Tom Wilson

Yes, and Tom Wilson has a history of being careless with his physical play. You said it yourself that it was a reckless hit. Wilson brings this on himself with how he plays the game. He needs to learn how to do it without encaving skulls or be less physical if he can't.

I don't believe there was anything malicious on his part. He needs better control over how and when he hits people.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Yes, and Tom Wilson has a history of being careless with his physical play. You said it yourself that it was a reckless hit. Wilson brings this on himself with how he plays the game. He needs to learn how to do it without encaving skulls or be less physical if he can't.

I don't believe there was anything malicious on his part. He needs better control over how and when he hits people.

Right, I'm just saying that whatever the actual hit/play was...it will be perceived worse and he's likely to get a larger suspension because he's Tom Wilson. He has a rep for good reason, nobody disputes this (or if they do, they're crazy), but that rep turns into paranoia with anything involving him. I'll be real curious to see what they actually end up giving him.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You're mixing up Toews and Seabrook. Seabrook 'ended his hockey career' today. He's technically not retired though as that would fuck the Hawks with the cap. He's just forever on LTIR like Hossa and Chris Pronger.

As for Toews, this reminds me alot of Bryan Bickell. It's too bad he wasn't diagnosed sooner as he was in and out of the lineup for a bit. It also cost the Hawks Teuvo Teravainen.

If Toews does end up being out forever, that's a huge chunk of cap space that opens up between him and Seabrook.
No I am not mixing things up dumbass. He did an interview with the Athletic.

Merrith

Just read this on a Caps site, apparently this Seravalli guy called this last night, but while they mention some head contact in the video, they rule they cited for the suspension is boarding. This means that accoring to Seravalli that Wilson just became the first player in league history to get a suspension for boarding on a hit that was not from behind.

Merrith

Am I crazy or did Murphy at least got a major today for a far worse, actual head shot that targeted nothing but the head? From replay I saw looked like he caught him directly on the chin with minimal body contact otherwise.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Am I crazy or did Murphy at least got a major today for a far worse, actual head shot that targeted nothing but the head? From replay I saw looked like he caught him directly on the chin with minimal body contact otherwise.
He got a game misconduct.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

Looks like he hit him square in the chin with his back. No way he's not getting a call for that.

Merrith

Looks like he hit him square in the chin with his back. No way he's not getting a call for that.

Yet you read all over reddit and what not that he got "far less of the head than wilson did" and that "the head wasn't the principal point of contact" like Wilson's hit was. Just crazy.

I see an image like this of Wilson's hit at first contact:

wilson%2Bcarlo.png

and wonder what the fuck people are talking about. League needs to flat out just say that if follow-through from a hit has head contact and it causes injury they will suspend for that. Because that is how they will reduce the majority of these hits across the board.