Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Have the specs for the system been released yet? I'm wondering what kind of memory this thing will have. I know the rumors were it would be less powerful than the X-box 1 and PS4, but how close will it be?

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Eh, not happy with 6GB. Also, says the home unit is 6, but the portable is 4, yet I'm guessing all games will be able to be played on both. Would any issues arise with that difference between the docking system and the portable system?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
You guys are acting like we won't buy the larger controllers and how often are we old fuckers going to end up in a situation where we have to use those tiny ones?

The concept and flexibility of the device seems well thought out, I'm anxious to check it out.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
My only question, will it match the power of the PS4 or XB1 - not the Neo or Scorpio...just the base shits.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you are over 30 and you haven't tapped out on Nintendo's bullshit yet...

6c0.jpg
18085.jpg
frabz-good-for-you-d4b4c3.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Love Nintendo, but do they really think a 6-year-old game like Skyrim is going to whet people's appetite?

It's the remastered version that's releasing this month on XB1/PS4.

My only question, will it match the power of the PS4 or XB1 - not the Neo or Scorpio...just the base shits.

The leaked dev console specs have it at ~1.02 Teraflops, compared to XB1's 1.3 tflops. Obviously a rumor, and Nintendo usually gets more out of their hardware than others. Don't expect concrete specs until someone gets their hands on it and takes it apart, Nintendo doesn't release specs.

• 1Like

Mick

<Gold Donor>
All I could think about in that video that those removable controllers would easily get broken and lost. How much for replacements?

spronk

FPS noob
Its been confirmed by Nintendo that the dock is simply a dock and there is no extra processing power or anything on it
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10...nintendo-switch-clarifies-additional-features

Nintendo continued: "The dock is not the main console unit of Nintendo Switch. The main unit of Nintendo Switch is the unit that has the LCD screen, which the two Joy-Con controllers can be attached to and detached from. The main function of the Nintendo Switch Dock is to provide an output to the TV, as well as charging and providing power to the system."

No extra storage (although you can probably back stuff up to thumb/hds via the USB ports), no extra processing power, etc. It gives them room to provide supplement computing power though in future revisions in 2018, etc.

The tablet is supposed to be 1280x720 (720p) while the unit itself can output 1080p and probably upscaled 4k.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
All I could think about in that video that those removable controllers would easily get broken and lost. How much for replacements?

Yeah, no kidding. Those tiny controllers in the hands of kids will be lost in the first week, or you'll have pissed off parents tearing the house apart looking for them. They should come with GPS.

• 1Like

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah, no kidding. Those tiny controllers in the hands of kids will be lost in the first week, or you'll have pissed off parents tearing the house apart looking for them. They should come with GPS.

Maybe not GPS but something on the main controller or console to press so the small child controllers emit a beep.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I'm cautiously optimistic. If the battery life is decent this will fit my use case pretty well. I do basically zero gaming in front of the TV. A pseudp-console that let me get a Mario, Zelda, (and Metroid?) fix in bed after the wife and kids go to sleep - sign me up.

• 1Like

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I mean, it's portable Skyrim. That's pretty cool.

Anyway, I expect this thing is going to have like a 4 hour battery unfortunately. But we'll see.

Siliconemelons

Its also a good size to strap into one of those ebay google cardboard esque VR headsets!!!

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The biggest thing I want to know which I don't think was confirmed is was OS it running?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Since I put out what I think it will go for(complete version shown in video) people really think they will get everything BUT the pro controller for $300-350? Is that game included? Hell, power cable for the tablet?

Last edited:

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Since I put out what I think it will go for(complete version shown in video) people really think they will get everything BUT the pro controller for $300-350? Is that game included? Hell, power cable for the tablet?

Probably not game included. I'm expecting the portable system, the docking station (since they already said this is what charges it, I don't see it being sold separately) with the portable controllers for around $299 to $399. I think they pretty much have to hit somewhere in this price point to be successful. I don't see that many people (at least in the United States) paying much more than that for a portable system with outdated technology.