Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I use the Pro Controller, which is great. I like it better than the PS4 controller (which I have no problems with outside it's crap battery), and it has like 40 hour battery life.

Amazon.com: Nintendo Switch Pro Controller: Video Games

It's $10 more than a PS4/XB1 controller though.

There isn't and it's another issue. Unless you want to use the Pro controller. Does the pro controller work while in portable mode? Stand up the portable and break out the pro controller for rocket league on the go? Because I can totally see that issue via control now that I think about it.

Pro Controller works in portable mode, I prefer to use it if I'm playing during lunch at work and have the room.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah but can you use it when it is not docked? Meaning, would I be able to stand up a switch on the stand, and use a Pro controller?

Edit: Looks like you can. So then the only issue remains, how viable/competitive will people be playing in portable mode on such a small screen against X1/PC players? I play ranked on PS4 and PC, and I would destroy anyone trying to play rocket league with Joycon's or even a Pro controller on a 6 inch tablet. Much less would I ever want to be team'd with someone using that device in a 2v2 highly competitive ranked match in anything above Silver.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Isn't that what I just said? It works in portable mode, with or without the joycons attached. I usually leave the joycons at home.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I was going to ask, what did you think of your experience playing Zelda and Kart on the portable?

I've only tried Zelda in portable mode, but it plays great. Despite the large size it's light and comfortable to hold. I've gotten into bed expecting to putz around for a few minutes as I prefer the big TV and stereo, and found myself still playing two hours later.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
How much bigger are the joy pads and buttons on the pro controller vs the standard ones? Anyone mind taking a comparison photo?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Basically look at your old Pro controller. Everything is normal sized on the Pro. Like other controllers for PS4 and Xbox One.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
joy-con-pro-controller.jpg

Fuckin sold. I actually quite enjoyed using the old pro controller on the Wii/WiiU. I'm guessing this one is a little heavier with the battery? (and doesn't require a tether)

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yep. Just look at those joycon buttons in comparison ACROSS the board. I swear that thing was developed by Willy Wonka and the Oompa Loompas.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hey guys can't find these anywhere!

Live Stock Map and Notifications | iStockNow

And that's just the grey joycon edition $299.

Gee no reason why the PS4 out sold the Switch since those Switches are SO hard to find that's obviously the reason right guys?

Right?
Do you have historical supply showing that there was plenty of stock remaining back in May? Because that proves your point, and we can all just move on to other related Switch news.

EDIT: by the way, that map is not real time (and I don't expect it to be). Work is slow today so I called in to a couple places and some said they don't have any in stock and can order bundles for me online.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
the debate is pointless until the holidays, only in january will we know who won the holiday single mom trying to buy her sons love sweepstakes

which is the richest and sweetest market for console makers and 45 year old creepy single men to be chasing after

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Hey guys can't find these anywhere!

Live Stock Map and Notifications | iStockNow

And that's just the grey joycon edition $299.

Gee no reason why the PS4 out sold the Switch since those Switches are SO hard to find that's obviously the reason right guys?

Right?
Jesus dude, everywhere just got new stock in the last feels days. Maybe it's enough so they won't go out of stock again, maybe it isn't, can't really say yet.

When the PS4 outsold the switch there was no stock. Having stock today doesn't put them on the shelf a month ago. And you still can't find shit online for more than an hour or two when they put new stock up. There are no online retailers that have any in stock

Yes, if you actually want one there is no real problem getting one with all of the in stock tools you can use now a days. But at the very least up until now thing wasn't staying in stock. Even now I'm betting everything but the retarded $600 bundles won't stay in stock in most larger cities. I took a look at your link and in my area the in stock ones were pretty much exclusively gamestop, which you know are for their overpriced shit bundles.

I wouldn't consider it easily available until you can order it online.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The funny part is this is an amazing device at maybe $250, 30% less on accessories and back catalog available at launch. What a cluster.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The funny part is this is an amazing device at maybe $250, 30% less on accessories and back catalog available at launch. What a cluster.

Yeah I'm with you. I don't think $299 is too far out of line for what you get for the console itself, but at $249 it would have really been hot. Maybe that's the plan for the holidays, but it is Nintendo so they will probably raise their price because of the "strong demand" and claim it's good for the customer. Pro controller needs a $10 msrp drop, same for the joycons. They would have to cut the price in half at least for the dock to be worth it, and even then it would probably be $10 overpriced