Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yeah I'm with you. I don't think $299 is too far out of line for what you get for the console itself, but at $249 it would have really been hot. Maybe that's the plan for the holidays, but it is Nintendo so they will probably raise their price because of the "strong demand" and claim it's good for the customer. Pro controller needs a $10 msrp drop, same for the joycons. They would have to cut the price in half at least for the dock to be worth it, and even then it would probably be $10 overpriced

No, fuck nintendo, the stock dock should be $20 AT MOST. You can literally buy the housing on Shapeways for $8.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
No, fuck nintendo, the stock dock should be $20 AT MOST. You can literally buy the housing on Shapeways for $8.
Most USB C cords that long with a 15V 2.6A power brick cost $20 by themselves (at least). Plus the ports for USB A and HDMI and all of the (unnecessary) plastic.

They are $90 right now and I said $35 would be a good price. I think you are being unreasonable with expecting it to be $20.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Most USB C cords that long with a 15V 2.6A power brick cost $20 by themselves (at least). Plus the ports for USB A and HDMI and all of the (unnecessary) plastic.

They are $90 right now and I said $35 would be a good price. I think you are being unreasonable with expecting it to be $20.

Do you want to put a Switch dock on every TV in every house or not? Do you even loss leader bro?

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Dude xeno, prime, and a few others bangers will be out next year watch my words!

We will also get some third party new pro controller.

*Crosses fingers he isn't wrong*

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I know that there is some unknown 3rd party(Bionik) making some items, probably the best dock I've seen so far has been one that just get's rid of that ugly 10$ piece of plastic they housed it in, and recases the USB-C hub ... I also find it really hysterical that Apple of all people are supposedly stopping Nintendo from making more Switchs hahahaha

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Nothing to do with the argument but I fucking hate USB-C. Already having problems getting my fucking phone to charge with one. I have to do the same operation shenanigans like i did with micro usb. I expect the Switch to have the same issues.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ivan Drago = Common sense. Apollo = Nintendo.

Sony equals the Russian's wife.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I'm with you. I don't think $299 is too far out of line for what you get for the console itself, but at $249 it would have really been hot. Maybe that's the plan for the holidays, but it is Nintendo so they will probably raise their price because of the "strong demand" and claim it's good for the customer. Pro controller needs a $10 msrp drop, same for the joycons. They would have to cut the price in half at least for the dock to be worth it, and even then it would probably be $10 overpriced

Digitalfoundry or someone did the math, but it's basically a $250 piece of hardware. Throw in the dock and I doubt they are making too much profit off each one sold. It will get cheaper to produce, but Nintendo isn't going to cut the price unless it stops selling or they have a new revision on the way (so 2+ years from now).

Also, every GameStop in the US got stock today and tomorrow. I've got istocknow notifications setup for friends and it lit up today.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nothing to do with the argument but I fucking hate USB-C. Already having problems getting my fucking phone to charge with one. I have to do the same operation shenanigans like i did with micro usb. I expect the Switch to have the same issues.
I haven't had problems with USB Type C across 4 devices so far. What's the problem you're having and which device? Are you using USB-C to USB-C, or USB-A to USB-C?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok yeah I called everyone on that map - here in MN damn near everyone I called had a minimum of 4.

Palum

what Suineg set it to

Is it an aftermarket cable? Many of them don't adhere to the actual specifications and don't work (or don't work reliably).

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I was going to ask, what did you think of your experience playing Zelda and Kart on the portable?

They weren't too bad, especially Mario Kart. But running and jumping in Zelda is ass as well as anything that requires holding the shoulder buttons down. Also the fact that the system is completely flat combined with the tiny joycons made my hands hurt after a while and my wrists sore. I sure as hell wouldn't play anything competitive or fast paced on it.

Why are people using the joycons disconnected? It's more comfortable than a 3DS to play if you keep them connected and just play it like normal.

My comments were based on playing with the joycons connected in portable mode. And it's not more comfortable than the 3ds because of the way you have to hold it. Even being smaller your hands rest more naturally on the 3ds than the Switch. The Switch just isn't comfortable at all.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
The few day's I had my brothers switch, I couldn't play the damn thing in portable mode, the pro controller is really nice... but ya fuck the joycons

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I haven't had a problem in portable mode. Slightly more comfortable than my 3ds xl, mainly because it's bigger so your hands are at a less extreme angle. Plus it's an actual fully functional controller with dual analog sticks so it makes it infinitely better by default

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I haven't had problems with USB Type C across 4 devices so far. What's the problem you're having and which device? Are you using USB-C to USB-C, or USB-A to USB-C?

Stock charger for the Pixel. Have to fucking wiggle that thing around to get it to charge. Maybe i got a bad cable or something but shit is pissing me off.

Crisco

A greasy jar
Stock charger for the Pixel. Have to fucking wiggle that thing around to get it to charge. Maybe i got a bad cable or something but shit is pissing me off.
It sounds like the cable, if/when you replace it don't cheap out on the cable. The housing that connects the cable to the type c is important. Unfortunately just sounds like you got a bum one, or you pull out the cable to aggressively from your phone.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Welp, if anyone wants one of these they are literally everywhere now. At least in MN, every Gamestop has a minimum of 5. I asked if they had been selling. "We got five 3 days ago.... we still have 5. And we are now instructed to say, "Gamestop we now have the Switch in Stock how can I help you?"

lol

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Welp, if anyone wants one of these they are literally everywhere now. At least in MN, every Gamestop has a minimum of 5. I asked if they had been selling. "We got five 3 days ago.... we still have 5. And we are now instructed to say, "Gamestop we now have the Switch in Stock how can I help you?"

lol
For individual sale at msrp? GameStop notoriously puts scarce items in shit bundles. If you just ask if they are in stock they will say yes, but actually try to buy it and its bundles only.

Seems like not many stores but GameStop have it on stock and nothing online, so my guess is on overpriced shit bundles

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Nope. Went into one over lunch and saw 5 sitting there and they confirmed all their stores are selling individual units. Bundles are online only unless you want to create your own in the store.

They are selling all these as individual units. Call one yourself :)

So that's the issue already. Supply is now there, I suppose now we can blame lack of communication to potential customers. :p

• 1Like