Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Instead of playing his Switch my son always wants to go to Gamestop and play whatever platformer they have on the demo 3ds. Nothing even on the horizon like any of the Yoshi, Mario, etc platformers is there? How can a Nintendo platform not have a ton of these remotely close to launch?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Instead of playing his Switch my son always wants to go to Gamestop and play whatever platformer they have on the demo 3ds. Nothing even on the horizon like any of the Yoshi, Mario, etc platformers is there? How can a Nintendo platform not have a ton of these remotely close to launch?
That can be said if every single console for the past decade. It's already doing much better than the WiiU in that aspect. It actually got a new Zelda before end of life

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Been on vacation all week. Switch has been awesome during the downtimes between doing things. Disgaea 5, Mario kart, zero, and Zelda. Good times. Haven't had any issues playing the tactics rpg or zero while portable. Mario kart I can usually get a couple circuits in before my hands are uncomfortable.

Still worth my money imo.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider

It's got the new Shovelknight expansion (plus full past games if you never played those) - great retro platformer. Might be on the harder spectrum for a kid though if he's used to Yoshi/Kirby.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Oh, it's worse than that. If you check your notifications it will disconnect...lol.

• 2Worf

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I would kill to be a fly on the wall in the conference room when these retarded decisions are being made. It just boggles the mind.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I can't even begin to imagine who thought this was a good idea...

More likely than not they KNOW its a terrible idea, but it was the least terrible idea they could come up with to implement such a fundamental core element that somehow got overlooked in the broader development cycle.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
So is this what Nintendo paid that big company for ?(to do the online stuff). or I'm guessing this is actually Nintendo's endgame and the company was only brought in too build the systems..

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande
for Ut :)

ml8djx9zzyzc7li2etcj.jpg

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
So I guess it's a race between which battery will die first: your cell phone or your Switch.

Edit: the notification bar on the cell phone in that picture is triggering me.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
What a travesty. Imagine if nintendo actually had a decent online service. Now imagine the NES/SNES mini could connect to it and it would give you those games on your nintendo account to play VC on switch.

Now imagine you could go in some type of lobby for those games and play them online (VC xplay with minis) with voice chat. It is not even hard to do. I remember playing netplay on zsnes like 10 years ago.

Thanks nintendo.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
We need some version of this for the development of the app (just in reverse as the ideal app is stripped down to what we have now)

Pentagon Wars btw, the whole movie is on Youtube.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Hey guys I'm in the red light district! Not even the hookers have a switch. Thing sucks! See ya in berlin!

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
My 16yr old son who is never up before noon on sat. Was up at 9:30 playing splatoon 2.
So far we have 4 or 5 games for the switch. My 13 old twins are upset no splitscreen
For it.

Zelda
Splatoon 2
Mario kart
Neo fast racing
1 2 switch (silly but fun party game)