Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
When my Switch is a plugged into my hdmi switch it keeps automatically trying to switch to that input when watching tv or playing PS4 even though the Switch is asleep in the dock. Any ideas, other than just having the hdmi to the Switch unplugged when I'm not playing (which is always now that I'm done with Zelda)? I don't have a Samsung smart tv which I know has issues with this exact problem.

spronk

FPS noob
in settings on the switch go to the very last option its like keep power synchronized with TV or something like that and turn it off

you may also need to turn off HDMI-CEC on your TV (its what signals TVs to switch inputs or go on/off when the HDMI input turns on/off)

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
NPD is such fucking garbage when it comes to game sales. Decently accurate on hardware but just so fucking bad on game sales since everything has switched to digital. Check out this gem of a quote.

In its report, NPD noted "role playing games are experiencing a market resurgence," crediting Kingdom Hearts, Mass Effect: Andromeda, and other recently released RPGs. "Year-to-date dollar sales of RPGs has grown more than 50 percent," over the same period last year.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Darph

Bronze Knight of the Realm
God damn those controller and carry case colors are fucking ugly.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo...-Neon-Pink-Joy-Cons-Nintendo-Switch/394092847

Watermelon fresh!

Got this matching shirt.

tcudjjelohzqx8gim4uc.jpg

Last edited:

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
NPD is such fucking garbage when it comes to game sales. Decently accurate on hardware but just so fucking bad on game sales since everything has switched to digital. Check out this gem of a quote.
Didn't ME:A still sell decently well even though it was garbage?

And I don't think you can really blame them for not reporting digital - the big digital retailers won't give them the data. But it does make their numbers a hell of a lot less relevant outside of hardware

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Thanks Spronk for the ideas, but both of those settings were already off.
Yeah I have a Samsung and nothing works. Apple TV does the same shit, so it's not just the Switch.

Samsung did at least say they were going to fix it at some point

spronk

FPS noob
Samsung TVs were fixed a while back, I have a switch attacked to my 8500 and it has no problems. I did turn HDMI-CEC off though in expert settings somewhere, I hated in general my TV turning on/off or switching inputs whenever I turned my consoles on/off anyways.

One other option talenvor is buying a cheap 2 port HDMI switch at best buy or amazon like this
Amazon.com: Sewell IBIS 4K HDMI Switch Box, 2x1, White, 4K 60 Hz, HDCP pass-through (HDCP 2.2 support), 2x1 or 1x2 HDMI Bi-Directional Switch: Electronics

then run the switch through it to the TV and switch it to the empty port when its not actually plugged in. kinda dumb but should definitely work and switches like that have no lag or anything, just straight hdmi through

I use that exact one for my PSVR since when its in VR mode PS4 Pro can't do HDR (well in theory I do, I haven't hooked up my PSVR yet)

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider

Yeah but it's all we got - I believe some publishers are providing digital sales to NPD now though (EA, Ubisoft, etc) but not Steam or Nintendo. It's not like in Japan where everything is tracked and public.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
My Switch is plugged into my Samsung receiver, which is plugged into my Samsung TV. They all have AnyNet+ turned on. The only thing that turns on when I turn on the TV is the receiver. What model are you using, and does it have a "default channel" or "default input" option?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah but it's all we got - I believe some publishers are providing digital sales to NPD now though (EA, Ubisoft, etc) but not Steam or Nintendo. It's not like in Japan where everything is tracked and public.

This season is going to be real big for the Switch. They must be able to keep those in stock online. I think they will do well but I don't know what their production issues are.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Samsung TVs were fixed a while back, I have a switch attacked to my 8500 and it has no problems. I did turn HDMI-CEC off though in expert settings somewhere, I hated in general my TV turning on/off or switching inputs whenever I turned my consoles on/off anyways.

One other option talenvor is buying a cheap 2 port HDMI switch at best buy or amazon like this
Amazon.com: Sewell IBIS 4K HDMI Switch Box, 2x1, White, 4K 60 Hz, HDCP pass-through (HDCP 2.2 support), 2x1 or 1x2 HDMI Bi-Directional Switch: Electronics

then run the switch through it to the TV and switch it to the empty port when its not actually plugged in. kinda dumb but should definitely work and switches like that have no lag or anything, just straight hdmi through

I use that exact one for my PSVR since when its in VR mode PS4 Pro can't do HDR (well in theory I do, I haven't hooked up my PSVR yet)
I'll have to check, thought Tv was set up to auto update but maybe not. I know the Apple TV still has that problem. Haven't hooked the switch to the TV in awhile so dunno about that

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
NPD Results for July are in: NPD Sales Results for July 2017

Switch #1 hardware, Splatoon 2 #1 software.

Xbox #4 in hardware after Switch, PS4, 3DS. Can Forza 7 and XB1X save XB1 sales for 2017?

This is such BS. They don't release actual hardware sales numbers, and PS4 was right next to the Switch in terms of units sold, and it was still a horrible month accounting for $182 million in revenue (And that's COMBINED HARDWARE ACROSS ALL PLATFORMS). The Switch could have sold 130k units which sucks ass being it's been out for 4 months only, and they also count hardware accessories in that figure. But hey, glad NPD releases actual hardware unit sales. Nope. They won't do that. Why? Gee, I wonder.

As Abe said, they don't count digital which accounts for over 40% of the damn market.

The Switch is dying. Pure and simple. It's a piece of garbage. Hell, even people here who own one know it now.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
This season is going to be real big for the Switch. They must be able to keep those in stock online. I think they will do well but I don't know what their production issues are.

Their main issue is competing with Apple (in their lead up to iPhone 8 coming out this fall) for production lines/parts in LCD screens and NAND memory. Nintendo estimates they will be able to ramp up production for the Holidays, probably because Apple is getting close to finishing their first production run.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Their main issue is competing with Apple (in their lead up to iPhone 8 coming out this fall) for production lines/parts in LCD screens and NAND memory. Nintendo estimates they will be able to ramp up production for the Holidays, probably because Apple is getting close to finishing their first production run.

They won't need too. Thousands of these things are sitting on shelves at Walmart, Target, Best Buy, and now Gamestop - collecting dust waiting for Mario Odyssey to come out.

Live Stock Map and Notifications | iStockNow

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
This is such BS. They don't release actual hardware sales numbers, and PS4 was right next to the Switch in terms of units sold, and it was still a horrible month accounting for $182 million in revenue (And that's COMBINED HARDWARE ACROSS ALL PLATFORMS). The Switch could have sold 130k units which sucks ass being it's been out for 4 months only, and they also count hardware accessories in that figure. But hey, glad NPD releases actual hardware unit sales. Nope. They won't do that. Why? Gee, I wonder.

As Abe said, they don't count digital which accounts for over 40% of the damn market.

The Switch is dying. Pure and simple. It's a piece of garbage. Hell, even people here who own one know it now.

Someone credible leaked the actual hardware numbers for July a couple days ago on NeoGaf. Switch was ~230k, PS4 was ~220k, 3DS 105k, and XB1 was less than that. All the software rankings they leaked also ended up being true in the actual report. Same guy who usually leaks intermittently.

NPD does account for digital sales from publishers who give it to them - they note if they don't. For instance, they noted that Splatoon 2 was still #1 despite no digital sales included - which means it had an even larger lead than it did.

The rest of your post is just usual Ute drivel not worth responding to.

• 1Worf

Crisco

A greasy jar

Or you are just freaking out because you have no specific numbers so you assume a lot of things. Funny now it is in stock it is still doomed despite people buying it. We should wait to see how things look after holiday season as that is when the magic happens for all players.

• 1Worf

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I've felt consoles were a dying breed for a long time, but somehow they're resilient. I expect that kind of resilience from a company like Nintendo, they have their market cornered, and IP's that have guaranteed sales. I'm apart of that market. But then I'll buy a system for one game because I can. I had the Wii/U for Xenoblade, Last Story. I'd buy a PS4 for FFXV if I didn't know it would come out for PC eventually. The only reason I ever owned or own a Wii, WiiU, and the Switch is because I didn't feel like waiting for those particular games to be fully emulated. Last Story still runs like shit on Dolphin the last time I tried.