Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Or you are just freaking out because you have no specific numbers so you assume a lot of things. Funny now it is in stock it is still doomed despite people buying it. We should wait to see how things look after holiday season as that is when the magic happens for all players.

Hey look at it this way. There will be plenty of stock when people want to buy Mario and don't have one yet. Meanwhile, until then, you'll have Neo Geo games out the Ying Yang continuing to be launched at the bargain basement price of 8 bucks per game to play until October, and a shitload of iOS ports. Xenoblade will come out in 2018 (Early) and Wham... Um... Well, shit.... Then what? Yoshi? More ports, iOS ports, and indie PC ports. WHOOP!

To be fair, Microsoft is about to get their ass kicked as well. Because they just delayed CD3 again and it won't be an Xbox One X launch title, they can't create a UI to save their own ass, and have fallen so far out of touch with gamers it makes the Nintendo's online service the pinnacle of 2017 advancement.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
To be fair, Microsoft is about to get their ass kicked as well. Because they just delayed CD3 again and it won't be an Xbox One X launch title, they can't create a UI to save their own ass, and have fallen so far out of touch with gamers it makes the Nintendo's online service the pinnacle of 2017 advancement.

One place we can all agree, MS is fucking retarded

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I've felt consoles were a dying breed for a long time, but somehow they're resilient. I expect that kind of resilience from a company like Nintendo, they have their market cornered, and IP's that have guaranteed sales. I'm apart of that market. But then I'll buy a system for one game because I can. I had the Wii/U for Xenoblade, Last Story. I'd buy a PS4 for FFXV if I didn't know it would come out for PC eventually. The only reason I ever owned or own a Wii, WiiU, and the Switch is because I didn't feel like waiting for those particular games to be fully emulated. Last Story still runs like shit on Dolphin the last time I tried.

Completely agree with you here. Nintendo fans buy Nintendo hardware for Nintendo games. I do not have a problem with that. I laugh however when they think it's going to sell 15 million by year end or whatever the number was, or carry with it all this glorious 3rd party support, or be more successful than the Wii. It just sold 230k in July (Barely outselling a 4 year old console) with plenty of stock everywhere. And now? Stock is even more rampant and supply is not constrained. The only place it's hard to find is in Japan and they are nuts and not only do not count (Except for Nintendo), are into some weird crap (God Bless them) when it comes to video games and entertainment.

The Switch will sell around 30 mil over it's lifetime if it's lucky. And will always, and forever be, nothing more than a piece of hardware to play 1st party titles on in which large software droughts hit constantly and the systems go collecting dust for months at a time. If they can't figure out their security, they are going to get into even more trouble on the software front and it will chew them alive.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Games I'm waiting for on Switch: Mario, Yoshi, Metroid, Donkey Kong. If that's all I ever buy for it, I totally fine with it. I have plenty of gaming backlog on Steam. And Destiny 2 coming out. I'm sure the games will ramp up like they always seem to do for Nintendo systems, before long you'll have more good games than you have time to play.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Well then since they are everywhere let me just go on over to Amazon to orde...oh wait!

What state/country are you in? I'll find 15+ within 10 miles of your house right now unless you live in Guam.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
W unless you live in Guam.

Ok so these things are definitely not popular in Hawaii. Big Island has two target stores - One in Hilo, the other on the West side of the island. Each one has had 70 Switches a piece for over a month.

If Guam actually has a ton in stock scratch the above comment :)

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Case closed :)
I'll check the target I go to this weekend. I have yet to see it in stock (I walk through electronics every time), but tracker says there are 3 gray. I haven't set foot into a GameStop in over a decade, so even though there is one in the target parking lot area I'm not going to check it

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Switch has games, but, games I want to play currently = 1. Right now at least. Also the part where they rapid fire launched systems after the Wii and WiiU and released that shit at damn near $500 was insane. It's already down to the more moderate $300, though accessories require blood from your firstborn.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
The Switch is getting the next mainline Pokemon, that's really all you need to know to guarantee it's long term success. Although the earliest we'll see it is Holidays 2018.

Also I'm pretty sure Nintendo in April only estimated being able to sell 10 million units the rest of this fiscal year, so about 13 million total by next March. I'd assume that estimate is low because they don't expect to be able to physically produce more than that. If they can supply it, I don't see an issue selling another 7 million consoles with the Holidays and Mario Odyssey (plus the other games confirmed for 2017 like Xenoblade 2) before next March.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Samsung TVs were fixed a while back, I have a switch attacked to my 8500 and it has no problems. I did turn HDMI-CEC off though in expert settings somewhere, I hated in general my TV turning on/off or switching inputs whenever I turned my consoles on/off anyways.

One other option talenvor is buying a cheap 2 port HDMI switch at best buy or amazon like this
Amazon.com: Sewell IBIS 4K HDMI Switch Box, 2x1, White, 4K 60 Hz, HDCP pass-through (HDCP 2.2 support), 2x1 or 1x2 HDMI Bi-Directional Switch: Electronics

then run the switch through it to the TV and switch it to the empty port when its not actually plugged in. kinda dumb but should definitely work and switches like that have no lag or anything, just straight hdmi through

I use that exact one for my PSVR since when its in VR mode PS4 Pro can't do HDR (well in theory I do, I haven't hooked up my PSVR yet)

I already have a 3 port switch installed, so you are suggesting having a 2 port hdmi switch, just for the Switch, go into my 3 port hdmi switch, which all goes into tv, to keep the Switch from switching inputs? Seems like a lot of extra work when I can just deal with plugging in the Switch's hdmi cable when (rarely) I want to play it.

spronk

FPS noob
wait if you have a 3 port switch then you need to turn off auto switching on THAT, and buy a different switch if you can't. your problem is your 3 port hdmi switcher, not your TV

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
wait if you have a 3 port switch then you need to turn off auto switching on THAT, and buy a different switch if you can't. your problem is your 3 port hdmi switcher, not your TV

Everything else works fine in my hdmi switch, just not the Nintendo Switch. I'll just live with the Nintendo unplugged when I'm not using it, for now. Hdmi switch I bought just a few weeks ago and while I can't turn off auto switching it does support 4K and all the other latest tech so I don't want to get rid of it already. Still doubting it's my hdmi switch that's the problem and not the Switch.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Axiom Verge comes out on the Switch in October - for the sweet low price of $39.99.

Nintendo Switch. You can buy Indie titles for AAA prices!

Oops here it is on PS4 for 19 as well.

Target : Expect More. Pay Less.

Comes out the same time as the sweet overpriced Switch version.

Siliconemelons

teh fuck

well.. 1 - its "worth it" as in, its an awesome and well done game. and not that much "smaller" than a full fledged game.

and 2 - its cheaper on the friggen wiiu... I got it for 5 or 10.

nintendo...stap sukn do betters

that damn new Atari system is going to kick the switches ass i bet

• 1Worf

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Nintendo doesn't dictate price 3rd party games. Developers can sell for whatever they want.

• 1Picard

Darph

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Completely agree with you here. Nintendo fans buy Nintendo hardware for Nintendo games. I do not have a problem with that. I laugh however when they think it's going to sell 15 million by year end or whatever the number was, or carry with it all this glorious 3rd party support, or be more successful than the Wii. It just sold 230k in July (Barely outselling a 4 year old console) with plenty of stock everywhere. And now? Stock is even more rampant and supply is not constrained. The only place it's hard to find is in Japan and they are nuts and not only do not count (Except for Nintendo), are into some weird crap (God Bless them) when it comes to video games and entertainment.

Gonna jump on the Nintendo Wagon!

I think it'll sell incredibly well and already has been. It has only recently become broadly available. I got mine when Splatoon 2 dropped and it was the first time anyone had them in stock for months.
  • Unified direction for Nintendo as a company. Merges the mobile and living room strategies and does both well.
  • Focuses on games, not gimmicks. It's fairly gimmick free for a Nintendo device, and the gimmicks it does have are done so well you don't notice. No 3d screen, no wiimote sensor bar, no controllers with screens in them.
  • Cheaper to make than the Wii U ever could be so they'll be able to drop pricing to stay competitive in the market.
  • Mobile and Console IP...
Nintendo alone has a staggering amount of IP, much of it was held back from the Wii U.
  • Pokemon will move millions of units alone.
  • Super Smash Bros.will move millions of units alone.
  • Animal Crossing and Tomodachi Life will move units.

Yes, they need to get a grip on playing with your friends online and they will. Switch was made with one goal in mind and came pretty light on weird Nintendo software (Miiverse, etc) in general, I expect them to iterate on the product quite a bit over the next few years.