Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nice, I'll do this tomorrow.

If either of you have any suggestions for games PM me.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
get this once you crack it freeShop you will have to do a little searching for the "key" site but it is a incredibly easy google haha, this let's you just download everything from the eShop thru Nintendo's servers, including all regions..

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Nice, I'll do this tomorrow.

If either of you have any suggestions for games PM me.

Xenoblade for sure. :)

Way better than the version that came out for the Wii U. Also, Luigi's Mansion.

Siliconemelons

Why does Metroid Other M require the damn sensor bar >_<

guess I aint bothering to play that shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Looks like it's about 20 hours for the main story and another 10ish for all of the challenge stuff. With D2 coming out so soon Im just going to wait until I can get it on sale

• 1Like

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Mario x Rabbids Kingdom Battle reviews are coming in and they're looking positive.

Have it on Pre-Order at the BBY gamer club.

Euro Gamer: Recommended
GI: 8.5
Polygon: 8
Kotaku: TLDR

Got it, almost to world two. It's pretty good so far. This is coming from someone who couldn't get into XCOM much. Might be able to now that I'm becoming more familiar with the concepts.

It's kind of a shame that Rayman nor the Rabbids can get this kind of love in their own games (outside of the recent 2D Raymans, those are great).

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Nintendo games don't go on sale. Although technically this is a Ubisoft game.

Played it for an hour or so last night and some during lunch today sitting in my truck so not far in, but so far it's fun and very polished. Music is great too. Perfect game for the Switch - can do a battle or two during work break.

It's the highest aggregate review score for a Ubisoft game since 2014, which is kind of funny.

• 1Like

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got Mario x Rabbid from Amazon today. Free 1 day shipping ftw.

Splatoon 2 was a mistake. I never get to play that game. Isaac and Zelda I've gotten more than my money's worth already though.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah sounds like a decent game for the Switch, which is surprising since it was made by Ubisoft. So I am guessing Nintendo had a LOT of input on the direction because if Ubisoft did this by themselves it would have been absolute crap.

Sithro, Xcom is MUCH more detailed with base building, resource meta management, and more specific with regards to development, research, and such. You may like this game, but hate Xcom because of those factors. Just an FYI.

From what I have read people like it because it is Xcom dumbed down and just made frill-less fun. Which isn't a good or bad thing really depending on the game you are looking for.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
It's actually pretty hard, compared to how easy I thought it would be. It just doesn't have any hard choices like X-Com - your skill trees and such can be totally re-done between battles so you can't gimp a character.

It's got surprising amount of depth too - each character has 3 skill trees, and each one has a specialized role. Like Peach is geared to be a healer. Plus tons of weapon unlocks.

Based on interviews and streams with the Developers, they had nearly zero development/technical help from Nintendo. They did go to Kyoto every 6 weeks or so but it was to make sure the animations, music, models etc for the Nintendo characters were up to Miyamoto's standard for those characters. I'm sure Nintendo enforced their QA standards on the game though.

spronk

FPS noob
i picked up mario rabbids at best buy today, its $47+tax with GCU. Nice thing is if you get another game you get a free mario hat (with ears), while supplies last, in store only. I picked up Just Dance 2017 for $32, which currently trades in for ~28 at gamestop and hopefully gets a bump end of the month, making the hat free.

this is what it looks like, its nice quality and regular cap material not soft cloth

s-l1600.jpg

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Why couldn't this be a game with Mario and other Nintendo franchise characters? Rabbids are so fucking dumb looking. Could Ubisoft just not use the other franchises?

• 1Solidarity

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Most games taper off significantly after the first month, but Nintendo games sell pretty well for significantly longer. There is less incentive for them to put them on sale because of it.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider

They don't. Physical versions of Nintendo first party titles also keep huge re-sale value because of it, especially Pokemon/Mario/Zelda titles.

Every once and awhile Nintendo will re-release titles as "Nintendo Selects" for 50-60% less but unless a game sells poorly (Star Fox Zero for example), retailers never discount their titles.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah but this is a ubisoft game who like to slash prices on games after just like 2 weeks, it'll be interesting to see which side wins on the price wars

i think it'll hold up value pretty well though and all indications are its selling pretty well

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I still walk into my Wal Mart and see Other-M for 50$ *facepalm* I think they finally got recalled awhile ago.