Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
So...

Live Stock Map and Notifications | iStockNow

Fort Worth, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio to name a few, all have TONS of these in stock at Walmart and Target. A little scarce around Austin. Only two in that area.

The aggregation site is nice, it gives the same info I got doing individual searches but faster. The info remains the same. They're available if you check stock online and drive out to a store that has them. They still can't stock them at major online outlets because incompetence, scalping or both.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
The aggregation site is nice, it gives the same info I got doing individual searches but faster. The info remains the same. They're available if you check stock online and drive out to a store that has them. They still can't stock them at major online outlets because incompetence, scalping or both.

Gotchya. Yeah you have to go to the store and pick it up, but for those doing that, they are easy to track down and find. Should be plenty of stock for those who want to pick one up for Mario, and after that, Nintendo is a ticking time bomb with this thing in 2018 when jack shit aside from Xenoblade 2 comes out worth anything.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Got one of these for my birthday. So far just have botw. Love the concept of the console because I don't play my PS4 much due to either having to take up the tv with games or be anti social playing alone in another room.

Same concerns as others with hoping we get some better titles. I think the idea is great but execution will be hard. I kinda disagree with some here on ports being a bad thing. I think this consoles bread and butter could very well be ports of PS3 and early PS4 quality games that the handhelds are years from being able to handle but this can handle now.

I am not a hardcore console gamer so if I got some of those old games in a semi portable format I would play many that I skipped over the years and I think tons of others would too

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Got one of these for my birthday. So far just have botw. Love the concept of the console because I don't play my PS4 much due to either having to take up the tv with games or be anti social playing alone in another room.

Same concerns as others with hoping we get some better titles. I think the idea is great but execution will be hard. I kinda disagree with some here on ports being a bad thing. I think this consoles bread and butter could very well be ports of PS3 and early PS4 quality games that the handhelds are years from being able to handle but this can handle now.

I am not a hardcore console gamer so if I got some of those old games in a semi portable format I would play many that I skipped over the years and I think tons of others would too

Depends on the ports. As of now that isn't coming to reality. The only port (That I was frankly amazed to see) was LA Noire being announced. But I played the shit out of it already. Other than that we are seeing tons of Indie, Neo Geo and iOS ports. Sure, if we see more iOS ports for the GTA series, I guess? But we have already played those to death as well. Can a 3rd party port portable machine be the calling of the Switch? It could be that's where it ends up because any AAA game that received an iOS port makeover is easy as shit to port over to the Switch and would just be money in the bank for a system like this with such a shit library. And would easily be the easiest option for publishers.

No thanks on my end. I played them all already and sometimes on various platforms and "new HD remake" editions. I am tired of that garbage. I want new games. Not rehashed shit.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider

yeah, im all for ports to play on the go. Thats never a bad thing. Ill be getting a few more games here soon. Its a nifty thing, its nothing to be taken to serious, just leave that for PC gaming, but its a nice little handheld that has some cool games. Zelda is a blast for sure.

spronk

FPS noob
new mario odyssey bundle too, $379 gets you black switch, red joycons, red carrying case, and digital copy of mario odyssey. Pretty lame/weak bundle but as someone who bought a switch last month glad they didn't put one out that I would have really wanted to own.

DJo3nbfUEAAOt5L.jpg:large

DJo3pjmVAAAJafB.jpg:large

didn't watch it but saw the major game announcements from wario and thought it was a nice bunch of game drops, definitely makes a stronger case for owning a switch in 2018. I'd still consider it a lower tier gaming system than ps4/xb1/pc but Mario, BOTW, MK8, Xeno 2, and a few others are pretty solid exclusives.

Stronger lineup than xbox one (boom)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
new mario odyssey bundle too, $379 gets you black switch, red joycons, red carrying case, and digital copy of mario odyssey. Pretty lame/weak bundle but as someone who bought a switch last month glad they didn't put one out that I would have really wanted to own.

DJo3nbfUEAAOt5L.jpg:large

DJo3pjmVAAAJafB.jpg:large

didn't watch it but saw the major game announcements from wario and thought it was a nice bunch of game drops, definitely makes a stronger case for owning a switch in 2018. I'd still consider it a lower tier gaming system than ps4/xb1/pc but Mario, BOTW, MK8, Xeno 2, and a few others are pretty solid exclusives.

Stronger lineup than xbox one (boom)

Let's wait to hear what xeno 2 is like. Chronicles sucked ass. If it's good, it may be a system seller. Otherwise all other games are better played on higher end consoles. Doom. Heh.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Let's wait to hear what xeno 2 is like. Chronicles sucked ass. If it's good, it may be a system seller. Otherwise all other games are better played on higher end consoles. Doom. Heh.
Well of course they are if you are playing on a TV. Now you can play them anywhere, that's the whole draw of the switch.

If you always use it in console mode then there's no reason to play anything but exclusives on it

• 1Like

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Switch is also getting an upgraded version of a phone MOBA, which is interesting to me because it may indicate that Nintendo is courting some of the better looking phone games.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Switch is also getting an upgraded version of a phone MOBA, which is interesting to me because it may indicate that Nintendo is courting some of the better looking phone games.

Awesome, that's what I want on my 'next gen portable' literally the same things my phone or tablet has but without integrated communications or a 4G antenna!!!

Oh, I forgot, a $40 price tag for the game too!

• 1Like

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Awesome, that's what I want on my 'next gen portable' literally the same things my phone or tablet has but without integrated communications or a 4G antenna!!!

Oh, I forgot, a $40 price tag for the game too!

I mean, if you ignore the far better visuals, physical buttons, and the ability to easily play on your TV... I guess?

And honestly I don't know if this game will be one you buy. They might go f2p on Switch as well. If not, I suspect you'll get a lot of characters/gold/skins or whatever.

My point was that it would be neat if the Switch got more feature complete versions of phone games. Sort of like a bridge between both platforms.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
We went on 6 hours roadtrip in August and I installed the Switch on a seat car mount, connected it via my phone and daughter played splatoon 2 online for most of the travel.

At some point near the end the connection started to get a bit less stable and I told her that she will never know the pain of playing the old gameboy.

In the end she used about 400 meg of data on my phone. (about 9 hours of play time)

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I mean, if you ignore the far better visuals, physical buttons, and the ability to easily play on your TV... I guess?

And honestly I don't know if this game will be one you buy. They might go f2p on Switch as well. If not, I suspect you'll get a lot of characters/gold/skins or whatever.

My point was that it would be neat if the Switch got more feature complete versions of phone games. Sort of like a bridge between both platforms.

They already have a lot of these. At double the price, and they are shit ports as well. That troll game, the Zelda like game, and a hack and slash. And all are equally fucking shallow as shit as they were on a smart device. The LAST thing we need is for these types of games to bleed into home console. Because I guarantee you if it does, it brings with it the same bullshit pay to win, along with crap production values and lack of depth.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
From the Bravely Default guys, Romancing SaGa IV(but not really). Graphics look crazy nice, like how people wish they'd do their FF remakes and shit. Demo is available.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users