Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
They aren't seriously making a game in Unreal Engine, designed without any sort of split screen gimmicks or other nonsense, and still keeping it a Nintendo exclusive are they? That would be fucking retarded after the success of Persona 5.
Prease understand-aru. Nintendo pay us rots of money

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It'd probably sell a million+ copies on PS4 if their marketing dept. is half-decent, so that'd have to be a pretty big check Nintendo is cutting for exclusivity.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
If the Switch came out with all of the features that faggots like Palum and Ut keep crying about, it would've cost well over $1,000 and then they'd be crying about the ridiculous price of the console. It's really fucking simple: the system is underpowered because making it as powerful as the PS4 or Xbox1 while also being portable would've driven the price up to a point where most consumers wouldn't have bought it. They sacrificed on graphics to get the price point down to $300, and it was a smart decision. Also, as underpowered as it is, Zelda and Mario: Odyssey are more beautiful than anything that has been released on either Playstation or Xbox. I bought the Switch because of Nintendo's first party games, and because it's portable. As I've stated before, if I want to play top end games, I'll play them on my PC, which makes the PS4 and Xbox1 look like a pile of dog shit by comparison, and I don't have to worry about frame rate issues, either.

1) They sacrificed the graphics to make it portable, not to keep the price down. Cost wasn't a factor in it's power once they decided its form. And Palum is right, there are numerous features that wouldn't/shouldn't have effected the price at all that absolutely should have been part of the system day one.

2) Only a fanboy idiot thinks 900p/720p Zelda is "more beautiful than anything released" on any other console. You may like the art style, but Zelda has shit fidelity with Vaseline textures that even the PC emulated version can't save at 4-fucking-K resolution. I've played it on both Wii U/Switch and it's literally eye bleed material on a television set unless you're still rocking a 20 inch tv.

• 1Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
1) They sacrificed the graphics to make it portable, not to keep the price down. Cost wasn't a factor in it's power once they decided its form. And Palum is right, there are numerous features that wouldn't/shouldn't have effected the price at all that absolutely should have been part of the system day one.

2) Only a fanboy idiot thinks 900p/720p Zelda is "more beautiful than anything released" on any other console. You may like the art style, but Zelda has shit fidelity with Vaseline textures that even the PC emulated version can't save at 4-fucking-K resolution. I've played it on both Wii U/Switch and it's literally eye bleed material on a television set unless you're still rocking a 20 inch tv.
You are both being hyperbolic faggots. It’s not “more beautiful than anything released” and it’s not “literally eye bleed material”

• 1Picard

Therage

Vyemm Raider
So not to derail but I am pretty excited for Mario this weekend. Anyone else getting it this weekend?

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So not to derail but I am pretty excited for Mario this weekend. Anyone else getting it this weekend?

I ordered it on Amazon today, $48 with Prime. I want to go digital, but it's hard to not go with Amazon's price.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
They aren't seriously making a game in Unreal Engine, designed without any sort of split screen gimmicks or other nonsense, and still keeping it a Nintendo exclusive are they? That would be fucking retarded after the success of Persona 5.

Confirmed Switch exclusive. You could say the same the other way - a PS5 Golden type release on Switch would sell boat loads as well. I don't think Nintendo or Sony are paying to keep their respective series exclusive, it's just an Atlus decision.

Atlus doesn't always make the decision that would get them the most cash. SMT has mostly been exclusive to Nintendo consoles/handhelds (SMT 3 and some spin offs excluded when PS2 was huge), and Persona has been Sony exclusive. That's what the fans of each series expect, and I don't think the overlap of SMT and Persona fans is as large as you think.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
You are both being hyperbolic faggots. It’s not “more beautiful than anything released” and it’s not “literally eye bleed material”

I dunno, man. I have 4 tv's in this house and even on the smallest (49") it's a jaggy, blurry mess. It looks decent in handheld mode but it's flat out ugly on a tv that isn't tiny and it's all the more obvious if you happen to play any other game on PC/xbone/ps4 during your BotW playthrough. It's not even close to being the best looking game on the Switch for fucks sake.

• 1Like
I couldn't get over the controls in the first Splatoon.
It takes some getting used to, but after I got the hang of it I'll take it over dual stick aiming any day. Instead of just using your thumb to awkwardly aim in a jerky manner the ability to use your entire hand and wrist movements to fine-tune your aiming is a godsent. I just wish we had an option to aim in the y-axis as well as x-axis with the right stick. Whether gyro is better than mouse and keyboard is up for debate (I personally think mouse is better) but it certainly made console shooters interesting for me once again.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Play Zelda. Then play horizon zero dawn in 4K.

Then edit your post. In that order.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Also in lieu of Mario and probably the biggest game to come out for switch for the remainder of it’s pitiful life, I will be not posting about how much the switch sucks for a period of 2 weeks so everyone can talk about how much they love their favorite plumber. Starting today.

I’ll also be out of town for a week to help me.

• 1Worf

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Also in lieu of Mario and probably the biggest game to come out for switch for the remainder of it’s pitiful life, I will be not posting about how much the switch sucks for a period of 2 weeks so everyone can talk about how much they love their favorite plumber. Starting today.

aww man, i looked forward to reading your anti switch rants. Fuck you for taking 2 weeks off! lol

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I'll be picking up Mario as well, I haven't actually played any of the 3D mario games before so this will be fun.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
I got mine on Amazon looking forward to it almost as much as Mario 64. I haven't really looked forward to a Mario game since then really. Galaxy was fun couldn't get into sunshine though.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I dunno, man. I have 4 tv's in this house and even on the smallest (49") it's a jaggy, blurry mess. It looks decent in handheld mode but it's flat out ugly on a tv that isn't tiny and it's all the more obvious if you happen to play any other game on PC/xbone/ps4 during your BotW playthrough. It's not even close to being the best looking game on the Switch for fucks sake.

I have no idea what you're talking about here. I have the Switch and a PS4 hooked into a 64" TV and Zelda looks great. It's certainly not the most amazing looking game I've played by a long shot, but neither is it a jaggy/blurry mess. Maybe your TVs are shit at upscaling? I'm usually the first to complain about sub-standard graphics, but Zelda on the Switch does not warrant much complaint in that department. Now, the Wii U version on the other hand...

etchazz

Trakanon Raider

Too bad you don't have a Switch. You could actually play your games while you were away...

• 4Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users