Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Boom, so it will be a new entry in the series; I was expecting a remake. Sadly knowing Atlus this probably won't see a western release until 2019.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
We bought a Switch for the kids for Christmas, yeah it is a little early but the wife was in Montana on Business so she grabbed one their to save the tax. I also had her grab Minecraft, Zelda and the Mario/Rabbids game.

I have a few questions...
1. Should we buy an additional controller or does the one being split suffice?
2. Any must have games for Stwo boys (ages Six & Eight)?

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
The split ones are fine for kids. I'd grab a Pro Controller if you as an adult plan on using it for any length of time though.

As for games two kids can play or play with parents, Snipperclips (and Snipperclips Plus) would be really fun.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Do you like milking cows, or have a strong desire to do so? Then pick up 1-2 switch.

• 2Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
1. Should we buy an additional controller or does the one being split suffice?

The split controller sucks. You will want a Pro. Only $69.99.

2. Any must have games for Stwo boys (ages Six & Eight)?

Minecraft which you already have, Stardew Valley, and then Get Mario when it comes out. After that, wait until late 2018 and see if anything else comes out aside from other indie titles. They may like Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
definitely get a pro for yourself, i'd buy a second set of controller for your kids though since the older one will probably scheme ways to either use the pro or use both the joycons and tell the little bro that he is doing something with the unhooked 360 controller. two sets of joycons is pretty good for party games then too, 4 people basically but with 2 people you can just dock them both and make it two pretty decent controllers

you should definitely grab mario kart 8 - your kids may like pokken tournament, splatoon 2, ultra street fighter 2, nba 2k18 (?), and one of the lego games. you just missed a b2g1 on used games at gamestop this saturday, probably will be another one soonish though

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Mario kart for sure if they don’t have a Wii U with it. Should also probably grab one of the glass screen protectors, they are pretty cheap on amazon

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
The split controller sucks. You will want a Pro. Only $69.99.

Minecraft which you already have, Stardew Valley, and then Get Mario when it comes out. After that, wait until late 2018 and see if anything else comes out aside from other indie titles. They may like Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart.

Thanks, I will definetly grab a controller! I did consider that Splatoon I am sure we will grab it at some point. They have Mario Kart 7 on their DS' and they don't like it for some reason, which is weird because they enjoyed Sonic All Star Racing they play via Steam Link. Maybe they will enjoy it more if it is on the Big TV with a Split Screen.

And thanks to Ritley Ritley and spronk spronk for the suggestions.

Splatoon is fantastic - no joke I think it has some of the best gameplay designs out there. I purchased my Switch with Zelda and Splatoon and every time I think "I should play some Zelda" I find myself instead heading straight to ranked.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Thanks, I will definetly grab a controller! I did consider that Splatoon I am sure we will grab it at some point. They have Mario Kart 7 on their DS' and they don't like it for some reason, which is weird because they enjoyed Sonic All Star Racing they play via Steam Link. Maybe they will enjoy it more if it is on the Big TV with a Split Screen.

And thanks to Ritley Ritley and spronk spronk for the suggestions.

Your kids have good taste. Sonic all stars destroys Mario kart. :)

• 1Barf

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Splatoon is fantastic - no joke I think it has some of the best gameplay designs out there. I purchased my Switch with Zelda and Splatoon and every time I think "I should play some Zelda" I find myself instead heading straight to ranked.

I couldn't get over the controls in the first Splatoon.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
If the Switch came out with all of the features that faggots like Palum and Ut keep crying about, it would've cost well over $1,000 and then they'd be crying about the ridiculous price of the console. It's really fucking simple: the system is underpowered because making it as powerful as the PS4 or Xbox1 while also being portable would've driven the price up to a point where most consumers wouldn't have bought it. They sacrificed on graphics to get the price point down to $300, and it was a smart decision. Also, as underpowered as it is, Zelda and Mario: Odyssey are more beautiful than anything that has been released on either Playstation or Xbox. I bought the Switch because of Nintendo's first party games, and because it's portable. As I've stated before, if I want to play top end games, I'll play them on my PC, which makes the PS4 and Xbox1 look like a pile of dog shit by comparison, and I don't have to worry about frame rate issues, either.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
If the Switch came out with all of the features that faggots like Palum and Ut keep crying about, it would've cost well over $1,000 and then they'd be crying about the ridiculous price of the console. It's really fucking simple: the system is underpowered because making it as powerful as the PS4 or Xbox1 while also being portable would've driven the price up to a point where most consumers wouldn't have bought it. They sacrificed on graphics to get the price point down to $300, and it was a smart decision. Also, as underpowered as it is, Zelda and Mario: Odyssey are more beautiful than anything that has been released on either Playstation or Xbox. I bought the Switch because of Nintendo's first party games, and because it's portable. As I've stated before, if I want to play top end games, I'll play them on my PC, which makes the PS4 and Xbox1 look like a pile of dog shit, and I don't have any frame rate issues, either.

That’s 1% of what the issues are dumb shit. I’m talking about game saves on a memory card, a cloud save service, a VC subscription/online service that isn’t dog shit, game sharing, and the online service living on the console along with Bluetooth headphone support. If you think that would make the switch cost 1,000 you are more fucked in the head than John Nash.

The above isn’t that hard to fucking implement. They are too busy making snes classics that are now outselling their switch as a result of piss poor standard features. Throw those features in, along with a good VC library for the subscription, and I would own one.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
If the Switch came out with all of the features that faggots like Palum and Ut keep crying about, it would've cost well over $1,000 and then they'd be crying about the ridiculous price of the console. It's really fucking simple: the system is underpowered because making it as powerful as the PS4 or Xbox1 while also being portable would've driven the price up to a point where most consumers wouldn't have bought it. They sacrificed on graphics to get the price point down to $300, and it was a smart decision. Also, as underpowered as it is, Zelda and Mario: Odyssey are more beautiful than anything that has been released on either Playstation or Xbox. I bought the Switch because of Nintendo's first party games, and because it's portable. As I've stated before, if I want to play top end games, I'll play them on my PC, which makes the PS4 and Xbox1 look like a pile of dog shit by comparison, and I don't have to worry about frame rate issues, either.

If it came out with bluetooth, a working online account system and the ability to move data between units on the SD card it would have cost $1,000 USD.

What. The. Fuck. are you smoking.

You are even more full of shit than Nintendo.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They aren't seriously making a game in Unreal Engine, designed without any sort of split screen gimmicks or other nonsense, and still keeping it a Nintendo exclusive are they? That would be fucking retarded after the success of Persona 5.