Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Siliconemelons

I think he means finding the memories via the pictures on the slate...

you dont have to take a picture of where the picture is, you just go there- there is a glowing spot you stand in to remember and get the story cut-scene.

I aint spoilering this- but if you cannot find the one infront of the castle at the circle stone thing in the forest there...then...sorry... that is like the most easy and recognisable one...but you would have had to explore some to find it... the next most simple one, is the one by the lake overlooking the twin mountain things - as you most likely naturally traveled there on the path if you just went story mode not random exploration.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I think he means finding the memories via the pictures on the slate...

you dont have to take a picture of where the picture is, you just go there- there is a glowing spot you stand in to remember and get the story cut-scene.

I aint spoilering this- but if you cannot find the one infront of the castle at the circle stone thing in the forest there...then...sorry... that is like the most easy and recognisable one...but you would have had to explore some to find it... the next most simple one, is the one by the lake overlooking the twin mountain things - as you most likely naturally traveled there on the path if you just went story mode not random exploration.

The one I tried to find was with the split peak off in the distance since it seemed easiest, ran around looking at bodies of water and fighting shit and finally just got bored with the mechanic. If you guys enjoyed it, cool. Wasn't for me though.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
lol

"I hated a side quest while ignoring the 100 hours of content the the rest of the game provides. 1/10"

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
hmm ya my brother called me about this dis-morning told him too wait, till a actual solution is brought out(Hard jacking the core, is pretty easy but at the same time it is very easy too fry it), if that's all the mod chip is gonna do, guess wait for a software solution..

Hekotat

lol

"I hated a side quest while ignoring the 100 hours of content the the rest of the game provides. 1/10"

From what I understand that was part of the main quest and my next task to move forward...

Siliconemelons

Well.. See...

I don't mean to troll you...or whatever but

From what I understand that was part of the main quest and my next task to move forward...

Is the totally wrong way to think or play BOTW - and that..is...the point of the game is to, just explore- 99% ...okay 90% of the "main quest" is a prod to get you to explore.

I got 40ish shrines and all but 3 towers before I went to hateno village laboratory thing to progress the story. So because I already had explored a lot of the land, I recognized a handful of memories right off.

It's actually amazing how naturally "awe-inspiring" some of the memory locations were so I knew right where they were. And how natural terrain etc made you go there, even if you climbed tons and never followed paths generally.

The games "point" is to do, whatever you want... they kinda downplayed the story line quest to kind of allow you to play as you want.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
They down played it, but there is still a very clearly spelled out storyline quest. Getting side tracked and thinking you have to do the memory shit is pure user error.

Hekotat

From what it seemed like you had to get your memories back to continue, I was just following dialog. Regardless, it wasn't inspiring enough to pull me from other games to play it.

spronk

FPS noob
IR Information : Sales Data - Dedicated Video Game Sales Units
IR Information : Sales Data - Top Selling Title Sales Units

17.79m switches sold through to consumers (worldwide) as of March 31st
68.97m software sales

Thats in a year and one month. By comparison PS4 sold 18.5m units in its first 12 months (but it got 2 holiday periods in that time) so nearly the same which is a lot better than I think anyone (including me) expected. I guess it could hit 30-40m in the next 12 months?

I haven't turned my switch on though in like 3 months.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The weapons breaking and inventory management is what kept me from enjoying Zelda. I got through a few dungeons and am just way too annoyed by the time it takes to drop, swap, etc the various weapons. I could spend the time focusing on the master sword first, but that's stupid fucking game play and design. I'm about 100 moons into Mario by comparison. Also played through the Batman Telltale Season 1 series twice. Don't annoy the shit out of the player with stupid mechanics. A challenge is one thing, spending half my time wriffling through sticks is stupid.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
official english page:
Nintendo Switch Online – Nintendo Switch™ Official site – Online gaming, multiplayer, voice chat

https://kotaku.com/nintendo-switchs-online-service-will-finally-let-you-ba-1825841960

switch online, coming sept 2018, will have cloud saves and a library of 20 NES VC games including

- Mario Bros
- SMB
- SMB3
- Donkey Kong
- Zelda 1
- Ice Climber
- Balloon Fight
- Soccer
- Tennis
- Dr. Mario

$20/yr for individual membership or $34.99/yr for family plan, whatever that means. You still need the mobile phone app to do any sort of voice chatting.

I wonder what'll come first, a complete CFW/jailbreak of switch or nintendo online

Last edited:

Needless

Toe Sucker
What a laughable list of clasic games for a system that'll be a year and a half old, and already on the eshops of systems from well over 10 years ago lmao