Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah the quality of life changes in World are really jarring going back to 4 on the 3ds. Things like just being able to walk by a herb and gather while still moving are gone. Every gather was like a bone pile in that you sat there for a gathering animation each time complete with an annoying sound effect. Plus I don't remember any autocrafting options, everything seemed to take more ingridients. Whetstones, spits, bug nets, mining picks etc all take up space and had to be replaced and it goes on. Combat was just as solid and enjoyable though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
If the only system you have is a Switch, I feel sorry for you, XX is nothing really special Baru and Ato are fun fights once but mehhh the whole generation games are garbage as far as I'm concerend, wait for the PC versions of World, it'll be 100x better then XX.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Picked up Rocket League for Switch, wanted another game to play with the GF. Pretty fun game, enjoy it a lot more than mario kart and it was only $20. Online play is pretty cool as well. Haven't tried competitive ranked yet. Makes having the steering wheels fun, but that means I use one remote per person.

Not sure if its a big advantage using two joycons per person Ill have to try it soon.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Mega Man 11 (Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbone, PC) Oct 2nd, $30.00 for physical

Packaging for dockless Nintendo Switch

Rumored Pokemon announcement/details at or before Thursday

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Interesting. So this is a remake of Gen 1 for the Switch with Pokemon Go integration (I think?) with the new Gen Pokemon coming to Switch during the later half of 2019.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah it's a Yellow remake with an Eevee starter option. Seems like the Go integration is only gonna be a pokemon gallery.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>

Really liked the idea of this game, but the demos have yet to do anything for me. I feel like they are putting too much emphasis on the "unique" abilities of each character, which don't seem to amount to much in terms of story telling, instead of actually make a very engaging plot. Though I've only played snippits so I'm hoping the full release proves me wrong.

FFVI somehow figured out how to have a great intertwined storyline with memorable characters and great stories that bounced around from character to character. 25 years later it would be nice if that feeling could be captured again...

• 2Like

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
More news from the Pokemon Event - the next mainline "Core" Pokemon (presumably Gen 8) will be releasing in second half of 2019.

Siliconemelons

Really liked the idea of this game, but the demos have yet to do anything for me. I feel like they are putting too much emphasis on the "unique" abilities of each character, which don't seem to amount to much in terms of story telling, instead of actually make a very engaging plot. Though I've only played snippits so I'm hoping the full release proves me wrong.

FFVI somehow figured out how to have a great intertwined storyline with memorable characters and great stories that bounced around from character to character. 25 years later it would be nice if that feeling could be captured again...

Yeah, it's like BD - they had a great plot and used it well, then just eh... let's focus on mechanics!!!!

So I was hopeful with octopath they would have focused more on plot, story and character- like story character development and interaction etc. Not character mechanics.

They make these "retro" RPGs then think the audience wants NEW FLASHY COOL SYSTEMS etc... no, that's what "mainstream RPGs" have become, we want "retro" for the story, music, characters etc.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Yep. When I think "retro" RPG I not only think about retro graphics, music, etc., but also a much more linear, traditional story with a well-developed cast of characters. When I think of major, modern RPGs, I think of open worlds that put less emphasis on story and characters and more on exploration and game mechanics such as action combat, elaborate skill trees, branching choices/decisions, etc.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
The guy who leaked Fallout 76 over 4 hours ago (a Rust-clone) also leaked the E3 Nintendo lineup today as well. Some heavy hitters on this list.

Dec312FXcAAJ041.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
not really interested in any of those games, where is my new mario or zelda game :(

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I wouldn't put Witcher in that category then. Witcher is one of the best story and character driven games I've ever played.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
wtf, I am interested in several of those games. F-Zero? YES PLS. Metroid? Punchout? Smash? That's a pretty strong lineup imo.