Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
About to get one for my fam but I haven't kept up on this thread. If there are any must know's I should know about that you guys could tell me before I purchase I would appreciate it.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
If you plan on getting digital games buy an SD card. Usually big ones on sale on Amazon. Pro controller is awesome if you plan on playing docked, get a grip for non docked play (although I still honestly don't have one) and a screen protector.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
About to get one for my fam but I haven't kept up on this thread. If there are any must know's I should know about that you guys could tell me before I purchase I would appreciate it.

buy and put on a screen protector, the switch can get scratched just from inserting and removing from the dock

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Also there are really good indie games on the eshop but there are literally over 1000 now so might be worth it to check out YouTube like beatemups who does lists of games he thinks are worth purchasing (including game play etc). The switch is by far my most played game system Xbox one literally sitting unused and ps4 is cable/Netflix use by the wife. The Nintendo online system while really outdated is only 20$ a year and I believe worth it (using it for monster hunter and diablo 3), and the nes games are pretty good on it.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thinking about buying a Switch real soon, probably before Black Friday since I'm not going to fight crowds just to get a game I don't care about (MK8) bundled for free, and I want to have some sort of real controller ready to use with it immediately.

I'm not keen on spending $60-70 on a controller I'll hate by default, so I was looking at getting another DS4 and one of those BT adapters that let you pair DS4/XB1/WiiU/etc. controllers to the Switch. Preferably the type that is both USB and USB-C so you can use it docked or undocked and wired or wireless. Not sure how well they really work or how reliable the BT connection is though. I've had problems off and on with PC BT dongles in the past. Anyone here tried doing this?

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Thinking about buying a Switch real soon, probably before Black Friday since I'm not going to fight crowds just to get a game I don't care about (MK8) bundled for free, and I want to have some sort of real controller ready to use with it immediately.

I'm not keen on spending $60-70 on a controller I'll hate by default, so I was looking at getting another DS4 and one of those BT adapters that let you pair DS4/XB1/WiiU/etc. controllers to the Switch. Preferably the type that is both USB and USB-C so you can use it docked or undocked and wired or wireless. Not sure how well they really work or how reliable the BT connection is though. I've had problems off and on with PC BT dongles in the past. Anyone here tried doing this?

I haven't used them but the procontroller is awesome for the switch.

Vorph

I guess I deleted a line when I edited the post, but I find the xbox style stick/pad layout to be 100% unusable. At least the Switch Pro isn't as bad as the WiiU Pro was, but I still know I won't be able to stand using it.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

I've been debating getting the switch Diablo III Eternal Collection Edition from gamestop. Seems decent deal at $360. Get Diablo III, custom diablo art dock and case

Therage

Vyemm Raider
I've been debating getting the switch Diablo III Eternal Collection Edition from gamestop. Seems decent deal at $360. Get Diablo III, custom diablo art dock and case

I stand by diablo 3 on switch being the best version. Currently at work playing it in handheld mode between doing things. Nothing like being able to pause a rift or bounty run and do some work then come right back to it.

Vorph

I couldn't get out of Act I when I tried the PS4 version of D3. Maybe if I only ever played a fully-geared MS DH it'd be ok, but I couldn't aim for shit at low levels using a controller. Plus, you know, the recent Blizzcon fiasco...

Now that you mention GS though, I think they still haven't released their BF ad so there's still a slim chance of a Switch deal that isn't just free MK8?

• 1Like

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Nice thing about switch version is adventure mode is unlocked from get go so don't need to do campaign mode ever.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pokemon let's go initial thoughts. It looks good, it plays well. People are going to tear up rotator cuffs and wrists because they don't know how to throw. The two player thing is easily exploitable (hi2u dual wield joycons) but overall I like it. Disregard that dumbass pokeball controller thing though, it's laggy and it doesn't even have a home button on it so you need a joycon to turn the game off.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Only reason I pre-ordered with the PokeBall controller is because it doubles as a Pokemon Go Plus which I don't have one of yet.

RhoA

Lord Nagafen Raider
I stand by diablo 3 on switch being the best version. Currently at work playing it in handheld mode between doing things. Nothing like being able to pause a rift or bounty run and do some work then come right back to it.

Been eyeing D3 for Switch since it was released and everyone raved about the port. Just not sure I want to drop $60 on a 6 year old game just yet.

Vorph

Gamestop needs to "leak" their BF ad like everyone else. If by some slim chance they offer the GS-exclusive bundle (with D3) as an alternative to the MK8 bundle I'd probably try to get one.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I played a bit of Pokémon LGP/E. I'm not impressed to be honest, but my 5 year old nephew loves it.

He's never really played an 'in depth' game before and he seems to be getting into this which is pretty great. He's been complaining that the game is too easy though, so it really is very accessible.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
I've been enjoying it. I rather enjoy that you don't have to grind and it's more based on gotta catch em all. Granted I'm just now getting to pewter. But I am enjoying the game a lot myself.