Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Siliconemelons

Yeah I have to stick to the CPU as my friends are hardcore smash players and have had every version and destroy me without mercy- my only way to add frustration fighting them is to play as Mr game and watch and flood the stage with sausages and his randomness.

Not only do you have to learn whatever character you are using well, you have to know whom you are fighting to avoid certain things, like Marth and Roy reposte - jigglypuffs ping! Sleep attack thing. On and on... with the insane number of characters this version has...whew

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I've been going hard all week.
20181216_211951.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I've managed to get into elite smash with my 6 mains now which is nice.

hooray for being mediocre at a video game!

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I've managed to get into elite smash with my 6 mains now which is nice.

hooray for being mediocre at a video game!

Who are your mains? I don't think we have any info on what percent elite smash is. Looking at the numbers I am assuming it's only the top ten percent.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Who are your mains? I don't think we have any info on what percent elite smash is. Looking at the numbers I am assuming it's only the top ten percent.
I seemed to hit it when I got to 1.5m GSP with each character

K. Rool
DeDeDe
Falco
Incineroar
Jigglypuff
Little Mac

I'm really liking other characters like Snake, but it's pretty hard to get used to his moveset after I mained him in Brawl.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I seemed to hit it when I got to 1.5m GSP with each character

K. Rool
DeDeDe
Falco
Incineroar
Jigglypuff
Little Mac

I'm really liking other characters like Snake, but it's pretty hard to get used to his moveset after I mained him in Brawl.

Yeah the number required is going up every day as more people get online. The first night it was like 400k to unlock. I assume we will see a big spike after Xmas as well.

I am a Cloud main but he ate some serious nerfs here. I am looking into a new main but I can't decide who to pick.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Decided to buy lets go pickachu plus (with ball), used google express checkout which gave me 20% off for the holidays, got it on order from best buy for $86 total (free shipping). I think the coupon was HOLIDAY18, probably works on other stuff. It was my first time using google checkout on that account as well which might have mattered but figured I'd post here.

• 1Solidarity

Hosix

All labs matter!
Decided to buy lets go pickachu plus (with ball), used google express checkout which gave me 20% off for the holidays, got it on order from best buy for $86 total (free shipping). I think the coupon was HOLIDAY18, probably works on other stuff. It was my first time using google checkout on that account as well which might have mattered but figured I'd post here.

Big thanks! Working on this now.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I missed out on adding about 30 characters today. I kept on losing the god damn challenge. I'm going to have to wait for one of my nephews to come over to help me get all the characters in this fucking game. Getting old sucks...

• 2Worf

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I missed out on adding about 30 characters today. I kept on losing the god damn challenge. I'm going to have to wait for one of my nephews to come over to help me get all the characters in this fucking game. Getting old sucks...

In the 'games' section where classic mode is, there is a little glowing orange door in the bottom right where you can fight the challenges again. After you play a game or two it should open up.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
In the 'games' section where classic mode is, there is a little glowing orange door in the bottom right where you can fight the challenges again. After you play a game or two it should open up.

Dude, thank you for that. That was really starting to piss me off. I got 18 characters tonight now. Hoping to get 20 or more tomorrow!

• 1Solidarity

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, my nephew asked for a Playstation, almost got him the Playstation Mini. His dad is getting him a Switch though.

Is there a nice way to handle digital games in a 3-Switch household? Can I just login w/ my main account and download games to his Switch and they'll play as long as they're not being played on another Switch that's not my 'home' Switch for that account?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Get cartridges and share. Don’t think ill ever buy digital Nintendo games, their account system has been a mess for a decade

• 2Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hope I don't lose street cred, but the wife and I decided to box up the PS VR, and return it, and buy the Switch instead. Quite a jump in initial price, as I went nuts at Gamestop on games, but I think in the end it will be a much more used piece of electronics.

PSVR was a great piece of tech, but the wife and I both got motion sickness. That's something that can be over come, but I just know me, and it'd be something I'd be elated for a couple weeks to play and then stop playing it entirely.

20181224_180444.jpg+ super mario odyssey not pictured.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Crone

spronk spronk or anyone, what's the latest with hacking the Switch? After spending money on all those full priced games above, I figure there's not really a point in running CFW? I did it for my 3DS, and just checked and I'm not banned. I can connect to my friends list just fine.

Looks like my Switch shipped on 4.1.x firmware, or something similar to that. Does CFW allow for unlimited downloads of any games like the 3DS or is it more limited? What does CFW get me?

• 1Like

Vorph

Whether or not you can run CFW depends on the first nine characters in your serial number more than the firmware it had. 4.1 is old enough to suggest that it's likely to not have the hardware patch though. Not entirely sure how convenient it is for downloading games or whether or not you still need to pay for the CFW that works best. I've got Octopath Traveler and XC2 on carts and that was all I wanted to play until Caligula Effect, SMT5, and a couple other JRPGs come out next year anyway.

Considering the lack of info about SMT5, "next year" might actually be a bit optimistic on my part there. :(

Crone

Feel free to add me Bros!! let's smash?

SW-6197-9289-1595

• 1Like