Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I'm surprised it's mostly dead in here this soon after the new Smash Bros release.

This is definitely the most fun I've had playing a Smash game. On the surface it might seem like little more than a refreshed Wii U port, but there are ton of small to moderate improvements that add up to a much better experience. The controls feel fantastic - they are much more fluid, responsive and satisfying than in the past. There's more content here than I'll ever get to, and it looks great. Overall, this is easily the best of the series for me.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Therage

Vyemm Raider
I'm surprised it's mostly dead in here this soon after the new Smash Bros release.

This is definitely the most fun I've had playing a Smash game. On the surface it might seem like little more than a refreshed Wii U port, but there are ton of small to moderate improvements that add up to a much better experience. The controls feel fantastic - they are much more fluid, responsive and satisfying than in the past. There's more content here than I'll ever get to, and it looks great. Overall, this is easily the best of the series for me.

Think people are just busy playing it haha.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I never really played smash, isnt it just like a street fighter game? so the fun is to play agianst your friends or online just over and over smashing them with different characters?

• 2Like

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Smash 64, used to be a weekly game against friends. Amazing. Not as complicated as other fighting games, but plenty of depth etc. Lots of fun.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I never really played smash, isnt it just like a street fighter game? so the fun is to play agianst your friends or online just over and over smashing them with different characters?

It's like Street Fighter in that it's in the Fighting Game genre. It's very different other than that. It's a great (maybe the best?) console game for friends/family to hangout and play.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I would agree with others in that this is a different style of family friendly video fighting. The level designs are different and more interactive, moves are easier to do, and tons of nostalgia. It can get pretty chaotic. I play this from time to time still on my 3DS.

I typically do not like fighting games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

My wife got this for me for Christmas and made me open it tonight... cant play belmont out of the gate :-(

But I am playing through, i always forget the basic controls...and they are fairly basic lol... jump attack special and directional smash. jump, jump and jump+special

• 1Like

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Thanks I put it on my christmas list, always down to get family/friend hangout games as well.

Hosix

All labs matter!
So a guy at work has one of these. I caught him playing at his desk. Cool story...I know.

Getting these for my kids for Xmas. My oldest still loves Pokémon and my youngest digs the LEGO games.

Have any of you tried fortnite on it? My boys mainly play on xbone. Not sure if it’s worth it on this?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So a guy at work has one of these. I caught him playing at his desk. Cool story...I know.

Getting these for my kids for Xmas. My oldest still loves Pokémon and my youngest digs the LEGO games.

Have any of you tried fortnite on it? My boys mainly play on xbone. Not sure if it’s worth it on this?

Keep fortnite on your Xbox. 30fps on Switch 60 on Xbox.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
There’s almost never a reason to buy a cross-platform game on Switch unless you plan to play often in portable mode.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm so bad at Smash. I need to relearn the mechanics again. The AI just craps on me sometimes in the story mode.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I mean fortnite is free so you could play switch, but for me playing first person shooters on a console when I have a computer.. yeah. I bought overwatch on PS4, played it one day and traded it in for computer overwatch and never looked back.

fortnite is cross platiform but you have to enable it I recall.. so by default it only plays against other switch people unless you group with someone on a different platform or enable cross platform.

makes sense more fps on xbox, i bought diablo 3 since it was on sale and it can take awhile to load new zones and the game itself. one of my pals travels a lot and whenever hes in town he always plays my switch, probably getting himself one for christmas for when he travels. this lead us to the discussion of input locked tv's in hotels (eyeroll), cant believe they do that stuff but i guess with firesticks/rokus etc now it would take away from their PPV profit.

havent had any more microSD issues since putting in the 128gb microSD. really need a big microSD as lot of these games are huge if youre downloading. like diablo 3, which was only onsale digitally.

Fedor

<Banned>
yoczzh0oya421.jpg

• 1Solidarity

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I'm so bad at Smash. I need to relearn the mechanics again. The AI just craps on me sometimes in the story mode.

I'm with you on being bad. I haven't played any Smash Brothers since N64 like 20 some years ago. The game seems simple initially, but if you want to actually be good at it, it takes a fuck ton of skill. Trying to learn all the moves for each character is going to take a lot of time and patience. Still love playing it, though. I'd say I'm enjoying it much more fucking around with friends than trying to play the computer. That is getting frustrating.