Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I'm the same. I didn't really fall in love with the switch until I started using it almost exclusively in handheld. I travel a lot for work and now it comes everywhere with me. I'm also stuck playing games like Octo and Steamworld etc. I bought Bayonetta but just couldn't play it. At the moment I'm hilariously into Dark Quest 2. It isn't a great game but I really enjoy it and, for me, its the perfect game to play on this kind of device. I do wish the screen was a little bigger, especially now in the era of the newer iPad Pro.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I was very disappointed once I picked up the diablo switch. The size of screen and resolution is just plain wrong

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

When is Link's Awakening being released, need to get it for my kids so they can stop messing with my BOTW replay

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
When is Link's Awakening being released, need to get it for my kids so they can stop messing with my BOTW replay

no date right now but probably announced around E3 and probably a summer/fall release, there are rumors of a second Zelda title also being released for holidays.

spronk

FPS noob
https://www.usgamer.net/articles/nintendo-switch-pro-delay-lite-dock-report

Japanese business journal Nikkei has a new report on Nintendo's plans for the Nintendo Switch with new details on future models. USG independently translated the report, which claims that a "next-generation" model of the Switch, different from a planned "inexpensive version," has been postponed. The reason appears to specifically be with getting the Nintendo Switch operating system running on this new hardware and an issue with power consumption.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Just finished Mario Bros 2 on the switch. It's a much better game than I remembered. Some boss fights are pretty decent.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
So new Smash character is some anime fag that for some reason has the same name as the most famous comic villain in history?

Hey guys I’m gonna write a new anime and name the main protagonist Batman.

• 3Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So new Smash character is some anime fag that for some reason has the same name as the most famous comic villain in history?

Joker is the main character of Persona 5

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

You might wanna play Persona 5, rumors floating around about a Switch port, sense the Smash director loves the game. It is a really good game..

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Looks like Persona 5 is coming to switch. Those games are perfectly suited for a handheld

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
It's a Musou game coming to Switch. For whatever reason Atlus usually doesn't like porting their games, no matter what, even if it would make them a lot of money. They are pretty consistent with which series go on which platform too.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Great news for Switch if you like DRPGs: Idea Factory Announces Mary Skelter 2 Western Release For Nintendo Switch

It doesn't sound like the PS4 version (released last year in Japan) is coming west at all, probably because the soyboys running the show at Sony these days were going to force them to censor the shit out of it. Plus the Switch version will include an enhanced remake of the first game along with the sequel. Kind of sad though that this the Switch is 2 years old now and this is pretty much the first entry in this genre that we're seeing.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Great news for Switch if you like DRPGs: Idea Factory Announces Mary Skelter 2 Western Release For Nintendo Switch

It doesn't sound like the PS4 version (released last year in Japan) is coming west at all, probably because the soyboys running the show at Sony these days were going to force them to censor the shit out of it. Plus the Switch version will include an enhanced remake of the first game along with the sequel. Pretty sad though that this the Switch is 2 years old now and this is pretty much the first entry in this genre that we're seeing.

Labyrinth of Refrain, The Lost Child and recently Moero Chronicle are all DRPGs on Switch if that's what you meant. There are a couple more out in Japan that will probably get ported over by NISA in the near future.

Played a bit of Mary Skelter on Vita and enjoyed it for the most part, put it down when I heard the second one was coming out with a remake of the first. Also looking forward to it.

Last edited:

Vorph

Oops, yeah I guess I did forget about a couple. I tried Labyrinth of Refrain on PC before shelling out the cash for a Switch copy and hated it, and I've heard pretty bad things about Lost Child too. Didn't even realize Moe Chronicle got a Switch port, but on Vita it was all fan service and little to no actual depth as a DRPG.

Mary Skelter 1 was one of the best Vita DRPGs, which is saying something when you consider how many of the things there were on that system. Heard nothing but good things about the sequel too.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Dungeon Travelers 2 was so good(if you can get past the fanservice). They made a sequel a few years back but I don't think we are getting it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Dungeon Travelers 2 was so good(if you can get past the fanservice). They made a sequel a few years back but I don't think we are getting it.
Yeah the sequel never even made it on Vita in the west. Actually one of the few games on I own on Vita TV and definitely great, although some of the art is really kinda annoying to look at, the big titty monsters are fine but there's a fair amount of naked loli shit and that kinda sucks cause the game is really good otherwise. I dumped 100+ hours to clear it 100% on it a couple years back or whenever it was.

I've had Labyrinth of Refrain on my wishlist for a while but it's not really price dropping much and I wanted to get Mary Skelter but basically at the same time it released in the west, they announced Mary Skelter 2 with the remake of the first one, so I thought what's the point I'll just wait. No PC announcement kinda sucks though, hope they do port it as I don't have a Switch yet. I guess I'll get one eventually though so if it hasn't been ported to PC I'll grab it with it.

Vorph

Yeah, Dungeon Travelers 2, Demon Gaze 1 & 2, and Mary Skelter are exactly the kind of DRPGs I'm looking for on the Switch. They all have fan service to varying degrees, but there's a solid game mechanics foundation underneath. Dungeon Travelers 2-2 never making it out of Japan was a shame.

My problem with Labyrinth of Refrain was that it tries too hard to be the Disgaea of DRPGs, both in its awful attempts at humor and the game mechanics being needlessly complicated. At the same time, the maps you explore seemed really low budget and simplistic, so even if it was something that did appeal to me I still wouldn't pay anywhere near the price it was at release (and probably still is, on the Switch anyway).

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I got kind of bored with Labyrinth after 20 hours or so. Didn't care for separating characters into squads and all the class skills you get from leveling up being passive was just dull.