Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Crypt of the Necrodancer is on sale right now for $4. It's a really great deal for a really great game.

I grabbed it, trying to decide if there’s anything else I want with the deals.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I picked up Cadence of Hyrule and am enjoying it even if it feels overpriced ($25). The story mode for this is a lot more forgiving than Crypt of the Necrodancer. Soundtrack is done by the same guy that did Necrodancer and they are pretty good remixes of classic Zelda themes.

Szlia

So... I bought a Switch today ahead of Super Mario Maker 2 (and, down the line, that special edition of Dragon Quest XI). Any recommendation for Nintendo e-shop games that are not available in retail and are not on the PlayStation Store?

EDIT: I am google-fu-ing and found Golf Story and Into The Breach

Last edited:

Siliconemelons

Yes that one - it is an unabashed zelda clone and it has its own spin on things and it does it well, very well I feel

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Witcher3 is 720p docked and 540p handheld. ;(

Better than nothing I guess if you don’t have a more powerful system. It’s also $20 on those systems vs full Nintendo price.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
^ and that's not including whatever corners they had to cut to get it to run at that. Couldn't imagine enjoying a big open world game on a handheld like that.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
just browsing i saw unravel 2 at 10bucks, picked it up and wife immediately wants to play the stupid download game. a whole slew of real games that she ignores.

Rude

Potato del Grande
Witcher3 is 720p docked and 540p handheld. ;(

Better than nothing I guess if you don’t have a more powerful system. It’s also $20 on those systems vs full Nintendo price.
I'm ok with that. I can't lug around my tower on trips. It'll give me a good reason to play through again.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm definitely buying Witcher 3 again for the Switch. The amount of time that will kill while traveling will be $$$.

• 1Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Same as above, also picking up Witcher 3 on Switch for travel. Knocking out those quests is gonna make flights zoom by.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I purchased Hollow Knight. It is a little too hard for me, but it is a TON of fun. Really good game with a couple annoying traits-- 1) whenever you get killed you have to start all the way back from your last save point (benches, and they are few and far between). 2) Hard to get geos (the game currency). 3) The world is almost too big (well, it seems too big and I don't think I will ever complete it).

But then I let someone else (who is a serious gamer) play the thing and he completed in a couple hours what would have taken me 20x as long.

I guess I am a spazz...

Good game though. Well worth the $15. Better than games costing $60...

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I always love these commercials. Let's go outside on a beautiful day, with the ocean and skateboards and beaches, and all conglomerate on a cement bench to play Mario Kart. With the added effect of Sun Glare on your switch so you wouldn't be able to see a damn thing anyway. Then, let's go to a sweet high rise night life party in some city with tons of people everywhere and booze and ladies and what not, and well, screw all that I brought my Switch. Let's sit here and play Smash Brothers.

We all know what the real Switch commercial should be.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Is it at least equivalent power wise to the current switch? Now they just need to release a console only Switch, they could price that thing $150 easy given no screen or battery along with not needing to worry about size constraints.

It has a proper fucking Dpad at least