Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Do they update Pokemon games? Nerf/Buff characters, Fix glitches and such. All these complaints from the hardcore, will they be addressed?

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Do they update Pokemon games? Nerf/Buff characters, Fix glitches and such. All these complaints from the hardcore, will they be addressed?

They don't really do that; stuff like that would get addressed in the "revised" version of the game that gets released 1-3 years later.

I did pick up Sword even though I had some reservations and kind of glad I did. Core gameplay loop is still fun after all these years.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I've been breeding a bunch of sobbles, so I can trade a few (though I think I'm low right now). I can also farm some more farfetch'd for anyone who wants it (shield).

Everyone knows about the Madusu method for shiny farming, right?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've seen the question asked a few times on reddit and the answer is always no.

Ex.:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Will a switch lite function as a 2nd player controller to a docked switch for local multi?

No but if you have a game with local wireless multiplayer, like MarioKart 8, the Lite can connect (via bluetooth?) without Nintendo Online.

Nintendo is really bad about labeling which games support this.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
20191207_223403.jpg

Made it to top 5000 in ranked 2v2 for Sword and Shield.

I fucking LOVE what they did, removed a ton of broken moves being on pokemon they shouldn't, nerfed some stuff like aegislash that needed it, etc. - this is the best pokemon yet.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Switch worth buying for harvest moon and new Pokemon?

Nintendo consoles usually last me a few weeks in fun factor.

spronk

FPS noob
the exclusives i really like are

Fire Emblem 3 Houses - surprisingly one of my top 5 games of 2019, i've never played a FE game before but I loved the mix of Harry Potter + X-Com combat
Super Mario Odyssey
New Super Mario Bros (basically the same game for the last 10 years on all nintendo platforms lol)
Super Mario Maker 2
Breath of the Wild (ymmv, ive only played 2 hours i liked it i guess?)
Mario Kart 8
Super Smash Ultimate more for the "damn this is a lot of chars" but fun party game
Links Awakening

games I look forward to or wanna play

Xenoblade 1 remaster then XB2
Bayonetta 3
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom (another simpler x-comish game)
Metroid stuff

plus whatever Nintendo announces at TGA

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Switch worth buying for harvest moon and new Pokemon?

Nintendo consoles usually last me a few weeks in fun factor.

Unless you're just dead on stuff to do/play you could easily wait another year or two while the exclusives pile up before purchasing because 99% of the switch library is stuff already on steam for $1, but $15-20 on switch.

Out of what I own -

Odyssey - Enjoyed it entirely.
Super Mario Bros - Enjoyed everything but the water levels =O.
Mario Kart 8 - This gets played a ton whenever we have company as it's fun for non gamers as well.
Tales of Vesperia - I hate myself for beating it and should have stopped by hour 10.
Mario Party - Also gets played a ton with friends.
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom - I have the full expansion etc for this, but I made it to the last part and haven't picked it up since. It's not hard enough and it's way too repetitive compared to something like XCom/Mutant Year Zero. Still got my $20 worth though.
Zelda - Still haven't sat down to play it.
Just Dance - GF enjoys them.
Octopath Traveler - Got bored of it and never finished it all.
Mario Tennis Aces - Did nothing for me and barely made it through 1/4 of the story.
Superbeat Xonic - Good time waster if you enjoy rhythm games and it was $1.

Needless

Toe Sucker
has anyone played pillars of eternity on the switch? i was debating getting it to play during my holidays but i see some mixed reviews about it

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I've had my eye on Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom on Switch for a long time because I love the Metroidvania genre and it's now at 50% discount on the Switch store (so 19.99), but I'm seeing a lot of positive reviews and a few negative ones, but the negative seems to point at really large issues such as poor hit detection, checkpoints not returning health after you die, and other frustrating things..

Has anyone here played it and can enlighten me on how good or bad that game is? How does it compare to Hollow Knight (which I really really enjoy). Thanks!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm thinking about buying a switch for my almost 5 year old for Christmas, someone please convince me not to.

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
View attachment 236698

Made it to top 5000 in ranked 2v2 for Sword and Shield.

I fucking LOVE what they did, removed a ton of broken moves being on pokemon they shouldn't, nerfed some stuff like aegislash that needed it, etc. - this is the best pokemon yet.
What's your team? I'm stuck on Rank 9 on singles with Gyarados/Excadrill and either Dragapult or Grimmsnarl.

Was thinking about training a Tyranatar for doubles with the Excadrill. I heard you can dynamax the Tyranatar equipped with Weakness Policy and then use Earthquake on Excadrill to trigger the Weakness Policy. I guess defense EVs to better eat the Earthquake.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
There are a handful of games that are worth it. Odyssey, Mario Kart. Most games are double the price sometimes triple, always downgraded obviously, with a shitload of Mobile game ports and remakes smashing the E-Shop to bits.

Metroid is years away, xenoblade 1 remake would be cool once it is released unless you played it on Wii already but that would be for you not a five year old.

There just isn’t a compelling reason to own one as far as I am concerned. But my opinions differ from hard core Nintendo fans.