Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

spronk

FPS noob
i don't need my wife walking in and seeing 15 year old girls in pedo poses so i'm cool with western censorship in this case

lot of good news though, first the nintendo CEO says there are no plans to launch any new switch models (pro, TV, etc) this year

image0.jpg

second they announced an animal crossing switch (regular) model for launch of AC on 3/20, $299.99 does not come with game

EPkaQK7UYAEbUWq.jpg:large

1.jpg

2.jpg

3a.jpg

gonna get one for the wife for her birthday, its the only video game she will play

up at best buy and gamestop, should be up everywhere by tomorrow

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I thought I had read that the switch version was the Wii U english release, which was already changed from the OG Japanese release. Unless you played the Japanese release version, not the International version. Or I guess if I misunderstood the article.
Wii U was simple to jailbreak and there was a restoration mod to decensor the game.

i don't need my wife walking in and seeing 15 year old girls in pedo poses so i'm cool with western censorship in this case
Meh, there was almost nothing like that in the game anyway. The hot springs dlc was the worst of it but that wasn't part of the English release at all, mod or no mod. I don't really care about useless content like that being missing.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
This is a big WTF and probably not going to get the game for my kids now because I don't want to deal with the headache of them yelling at each other that they are ruining the island.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

It's a SJW message that we all share one world and global warming. There is an amiboo greta for this also. Welcome to gamergate

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
This is a big WTF and probably not going to get the game for my kids now because I don't want to deal with the headache of them yelling at each other that they are ruining the island.

I bet seed generation is tied too Console Serial #... sounds like something nintendo would do for sure.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So like a total scrub I never played Witcher 3. Since it’s an older game will I lose anything by playing it on the Switch or should I go play it on a regular console?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You'll definitely lose graphical fidelity but if that doesn't matter much I'm sure its fine. Especially if you plan to play handheld

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So like a total scrub I never played Witcher 3. Since it’s an older game will I lose anything by playing it on the Switch or should I go play it on a regular console?

You lose one key reason: Atmosphere. Which includes better sound and obvious graphics not by a little but so much you’ll be pissed if you ever play it on a regular console. Not to mention you can get the complete edition for 14.99 on sale with everything, while paying full price for a vastly inferior version. Why anyone would do that is fucking beyond me.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
You lose one key reason: Atmosphere. Which includes better sound and obvious graphics not by a little but so much you’ll be pissed if you ever play it on a regular console. Not to mention you can get the complete edition for 14.99 on sale with everything, while paying full price for a vastly inferior version. Why anyone would do that is fucking beyond me.

Well, because I travel about 50% of the time and mobile gaming is easier. Shouldn’t be THAT far beyond you. ;)

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If we're going to compare it that way any console version of TW3 is vastly inferior to PC anyways

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
So...is there a reliable way to jailbreak any version of this thing yet?

You all talking about Animal Crossing and my own experiences with Pokemans makes me think that there is literally no reason to have an unmodded console.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Travel every week for work, and Hilton, Best Western, and Holiday Inn Express are the ones that I stay at most often all allow HDMI inputs. I do remember staying in a Double Tree in Cleveland where I had to hit the CC button on the remote, to backdoor get into the menu to change inputs, because the remote didn't have an input button. So sometimes you have to get creative. Maybe it's just a West Coast thing, and we are more free with our HDMI ports out here?

I picked up off Amazon a carrying case that holds everything plus 2 controllers, so can easily carry everything you might need, and keep it protected. I drive everywhere though too, so that makes a difference with what I can carry.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hmm so no new models, doubt they'll do a price drop for a while then especially since it's selling well. I should probably just buy one at some point in the future, I was hoping for maybe a Switch 1.5 or whatever with better something or other. Then again there's not too many games I'm interested in, so might just wait to see if there's a Switch Etrian Odyssey coming, that'd get me to buy it. That or Bravely Default which I believe they said is in the works. That's basically what I bought a 3DS for, these 2 series.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Travel every week for work, and Hilton, Best Western, and Holiday Inn Express are the ones that I stay at most often all allow HDMI inputs. I do remember staying in a Double Tree in Cleveland where I had to hit the CC button on the remote, to backdoor get into the menu to change inputs, because the remote didn't have an input button. So sometimes you have to get creative. Maybe it's just a West Coast thing, and we are more free with our HDMI ports out here?

I picked up off Amazon a carrying case that holds everything plus 2 controllers, so can easily carry everything you might need, and keep it protected. I drive everywhere though too, so that makes a difference with what I can carry.

I fly and typically just travel with a carry on :(

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
So...is there a reliable way to jailbreak any version of this thing yet?

You all talking about Animal Crossing and my own experiences with Pokemans makes me think that there is literally no reason to have an unmodded console.

Original Models that have not had software updates can have CFW installed(Update though and youre fucked)

Still waiting on something Metroid .. not interested in pokemon/animal crossing..