Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Man, joycon drift is just ridiculous.

I have already replaced the joystick on the left stick and it is already drifting again after less than 5 months. What the fuck did they do to these controllers to make them so goddamn flimsy.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Man, joycon drift is just ridiculous.

I have already replaced the joystick on the left stick and it is already drifting again after less than 5 months. What the fuck did they do to these controllers to make them so goddamn flimsy.
The one's on the base system or the Pro Controller? Cuz I've used that thing for a couple years without issue.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The joycons have a drift problem. Nintendo even acknowledged it and started fixing them for free, but they don't actually seem to have fixed the underlying issue still.

Haven't run into it myself, either through luck or the simple fact that I think joycons are garbage even without drift, so I have a Hori Split Pad, Pro Controller, and 8bitdo SN30+ Pro to ensure I never have to use them for anything besides my Ring Fit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
I use QD electronic cleaner every few months on my joycons and it gets rid of the drift. I know there's also a WD-40 variant for cleaning electronics.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah I had to return joycons but it was during peak COVID and they told me they weren't accepting fixes. Took like 4 months to get them fixed. In that time I found some ghetto ass adapter that allows me to connect my Wii U Pro controller. Works perfectly and now I only use the joy cons while on the go.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I raise the rubber cover then give it a good spray from a couple of different directions. Then I let it dry for a bit, cover down.

I ordered some of that spray to check it out. If it stops the drifting I'll internet kiss you on the mouth. With tongue.

• 1Faggotry

Rude

Potato del Grande
Yeah the drifting stuff fucking blows. I had put isopropyl alcohol under the rubber of my joy cons a few times and that stops it for awhile.

• 1Solidarity

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
I ordered some of that spray to check it out. If it stops the drifting I'll internet kiss you on the mouth. With tongue.

Massimo.jpg

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I read an article talking about two of the hardest things to find in stock right now in the US are dumbbells and Nintendo Switches!

worldx

Trakanon Raider
Yea i couldn't find a set for nearly 3 months now, same with weight plates.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
As I never had a Wii, N64 or Gamecube. I am really happy to pick up this Mario all stars package.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Has anyone else played "The Struggling?"

I did with a friend of mine who considers herself to be a connoisseur of games. It (I think) requires 2 people to play. You maneuver a deformed head with 2 deformed arms through a disturbing world complete with secret rooms and traps. Each player controls one of the arms.

It's a pretty messed up game. But it was fun. Just very frustrating, but I think that's the point.