Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Szlia

I played Super Mario RPG for the first time a few months back on the SNES Mini. I absolutely could not reconcile the love people seem to have for this game with the actual game. The constant terrible attempts at comedy was too much for me (a couple jokes land, but out of 55676557). The lame story and mechanisms did not help.

What team/studio at Square Enix is supposed to tackle this sequel though ?

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Salty
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 3 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Found the gamer who couldn't do 30 super jumps, let alone 100. Game Genie didn't save you!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
With all the good stuff coming for Mario for his 35th anniversary, it makes me really excited to see what's in store for 2021, which will be both Zelda's and Metroid's 35th anniversaries.

Metroid Prime Trilogy on Switch? Metroid Prime 4 at fucking last?

And all the Zelda remasters. ALL OF THEM.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

You magnificent bastard.

It totally worked. No more drift. You'd think that Nintendo would publicize the fact that drift is occurring due to gunk under the rubber caps in the controller and suggest cleaning methods instead of paying for people to ship joycons to them for repair (which is most likely just cleaning that people would be more than happy to do at home).

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
You magnificent bastard.

It totally worked. No more drift. You'd think that Nintendo would publicize the fact that drift is occurring due to gunk under the rubber caps in the controller and suggest cleaning methods instead of paying for people to ship joycons to them for repair (which is most likely just cleaning that people would be more than happy to do at home).

Yeah, they could suggest it but then they’d have to deal with all the moms who don’t know what they’re doing fucking it up somehow and possibly making things worse.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Problem is that they will just start drifting again in a few months, better to just replace the sticks with upgraded parts and never do it again. Pretty sure you can find them on Amazon or aliexpress.

LiquidDeath

Problem is that they will just start drifting again in a few months, better to just replace the sticks with upgraded parts and never do it again. Pretty sure you can find them on Amazon or aliexpress.

Already done that and they just start drifting again. It is a design flaw, not individual faulty parts.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Already done that and they just start drifting again. It is a design flaw, not individual faulty parts.
like all the joy cons are just gonna drift cuz theyre joycons? why not replace with better joycons then, like maybe the hori ones (idk if theyre better, i know just hori is as good or better than nintendo hardware)

spronk

FPS noob
i have the hori switch split pad pro
www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Machina-Ergonomic-Controller-Handheld/dp/B07T5QKKVP

they are great and fit my hand WAY better than default switch but two caveats

1. no rumble or motion control, i think some games require that
2. they are HUGE compared to joycons, your switch won't fit in most travel cases anymore. I bought a messenger bag thing specifically for hori size for travel.

i almost never use my switch in handheld mode, just doctor visit/car appt kinda stuff so it works for me. and yeah, 90% of joycon drift problems can be fixed by cleaning the ball under the stick with some isoprop and swirling around but 10% of the time gunk builds up inside the stick mechanism.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

like all the joy cons are just gonna drift cuz theyre joycons? why not replace with better joycons then, like maybe the hori ones (idk if theyre better, i know just hori is as good or better than nintendo hardware)

Maybe not every single one, but because of the design they are all very prone to having dirt/dust/gunk build up under the piece of the thumb-pad which connects to the actual stick mechanism. They are two separate pieces, which seems like a strange choice when the vast majority of people who use them have no intention of ever switching out the thumb-pad.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Maybe not every single one, but because of the design they are all very prone to having dirt/dust/gunk build up under the piece of the thumb-pad which connects to the actual stick mechanism. They are two separate pieces, which seems like a strange choice when the vast majority of people who use them have no intention of ever switching out the thumb-pad.

i have this guy playing in the background sometimes, obviously i'll never fix shit, but they there

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Why does anyone even use the joy-con controllers? I have 2 pro controllers, and never even use the joy-cons unless I'm using the Switch undocked (which is rarely).

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
using the Switch undocked
You answered your own question.

There's also party games that use just one of the joycons per person.
-----------------
I definitely agree with others that Hori Split Pad Pro is the only way to go if you use the thing in portable mode a lot. It's not hard to carry around either, just get a case like this one and you're all set. At most there's a little bit of bread knife surgery on the foam needed for a good fit.

20200910_124205.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Crisco

A greasy jar
So the wife and i been playing escapists 2 and after we done the all the 2 player missions she wants something else. Looking for recommendations. She isnt good at platforming or shooters or anything like that. Really doesnt play games but maybe something puzzle related.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So the wife and i been playing escapists 2 and after we done the all the 2 player missions she wants something else. Looking for recommendations. She isnt good at platforming or shooters or anything like that. Really doesnt play games but maybe something puzzle related.
I’ve heard snipperclips is a pretty fun 2 player game

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

overcooked 1 or 2 or both
knights or bikes, honestly a bit boring for guys but bitches love this game. coop puzzle game thats "cute"
pokemon? i dunno much about it but i know a second trainer can drop in

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Will second the Overcooked games. Husband and I also enjoyed Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. Test of communication game where one person has to defuse the bomb and the other has the manual to do it safely.

• 1Like