Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So the wife and i been playing escapists 2 and after we done the all the 2 player missions she wants something else. Looking for recommendations. She isnt good at platforming or shooters or anything like that. Really doesnt play games but maybe something puzzle related.
Untitled Goose Game is getting multiplayer added next week.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Any of the Lego games are great for casual couch co-op.

They're super easy and only one person needs to actually be capable at anything; the other can just tag along and experience the story. They've also got tons of collectibles that are easy and fun to get. Plus the cute Lego aesthetic.

I picked up the Harry Potter collection on sale for 5 or 10 bucks a while ago and my wife and I are working through it. She loves it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Finally bought a switch, pretty sure I like the games but hate the controller. Will a pro controller make a difference? Fire emblem is about all I like to play.
Bounced off Zelda after couple hours and 99% sure it is trying to manage inventory with the default gamepad.
Anyone get the pro and get a huge quality of life improvement? Price is insane and not trying to waste money if not.

spronk

FPS noob
pro controller is 100% the way to go, thats the only way i play. it plays pretty much just like a ps4/xb1 then. the only asstastic thing is that a few games still use motion control, which the pro supports but shaking your controller around trying to get shit done is lame. the only game i can remember is Super Mario Odyssey uses it for a few minor areas, and I think the new 3D All Stars has some too

the latest firmware even lets you remap the buttons, which I did, since fucking nintendo is the only one that reverses A and B. only annoying thing is you have to go through a remap warning every time on the home page

i'd pay the little extra and get the authentic Nintendo pro controller, and not the PowerA third party controllers. Its the only one that does amiibos (NFC)

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Pro Controller is so worth it if you play the games in TV mode. Battery life alone is crazy (lasts 40 hours on full charge). Compared to fucking DS4 that lasts 3 hours, I have been playing games more on Switch than PS4.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Has anyone else played "Good Pizza, Great Pizza?"

Maybe the dumbest game ever, but so far, I am loving it. Great little waste of time.
1600731320663.png

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Finally bought a switch, pretty sure I like the games but hate the controller. Will a pro controller make a difference? Fire emblem is about all I like to play.
Bounced off Zelda after couple hours and 99% sure it is trying to manage inventory with the default gamepad.
Anyone get the pro and get a huge quality of life improvement? Price is insane and not trying to waste money if not.
pro controll is GARBAGE compared to this horribly named 8bitdo sn30pro plus

i love this controller, if i had to rank it

joycons 1
snes 5
gamecube 7
pro controller 8
sn30pro plus 9.999
da28aacc135752c7460bd9b2ba4b9d18.png

i believe Vorph Vorph is another 8bitdo guy, i think he uses it for pc too

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Rude

Potato del Grande
I have a pro controller it's pretty good. I also bought it used at less than half price so there's that. Haven't had any problems and have had it for 2 years already.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm just clearly a dumb ass, because I have 2 Switches in my house, and don't care to play any of the games in the house. Wife wanted to have 2 Switches so she could play Animal Crossing with the kids. I have all the popular games and don't really like any of them. :( Wish I did.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1WTF

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Get a few beers in you and fire up Mario Kart 8.

Set it to 100-150cc depending on how drunk you are.

Enjoy the switch.

• 2Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Get a few beers in you and fire up Mario Kart 8.

Set it to 100-150cc depending on how drunk you are.

Enjoy the switch.
Get bored after a couple races. No desire to win every race or collect cars or any collectibles. Son likes to race against me but gets pissed when I beat him all the time. It's been a while actually. He's probably better than me now.

Vasgaroth

Trakanon Raider
Sold, trying to get into Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate as well. I think this will help.
MHGU is a great fucking game. I played the shit out of world and playing generations ultimate after dropping hundreds of hours into world made me love the franchise even more. Got to have that pro controller though

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user