Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

spronk

FPS noob
if you really want the animal crossing switch gamestop stores will have them in stock this weekend too

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Release date for next Pokemon Sw/Sh set... looking forward to also not playing that one.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I keep telling myself I’ll try it if it goes on sale, but then I remember that Pokémon games never go on sale, so. Bought the Switch for the sole purpose of playing next gen Pokémon, so the thing’s just collecting dust now.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Every now and then I get the hankering for a decent jrpg or similar. Any recommendations for those on Switch (I usually like to play those on a handheld vs. PC)? Was Octopath alright? Also, are the Baldur's Gate remasters any good? Was told I should play those at some point and am definitely interested in playing 3 since I enjoyed D:OS2. Is MHG:U any good as a solo game? I tried playing one MH game once on the DS, but the controls on there turned me off of it, not sure if it's better on a Switch. Any decent titles in general I should give a shot?

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Every now and then I get the hankering for a decent jrpg or similar. Any recommendations for those on Switch (I usually like to play those on a handheld vs. PC)? Was Octopath alright? Also, are the Baldur's Gate remasters any good? Was told I should play those at some point and am definitely interested in playing 3 since I enjoyed D:OS2. Is MHG:U any good as a solo game? I tried playing one MH game once on the DS, but the controls on there turned me off of it, not sure if it's better on a Switch. Any decent titles in general I should give a shot?

Good JRPS? Can't go wrong with Dragon Quest 11, Xenoblade Chronicles(both the remake of the first game and sequel). If you like strategy Fire Emblem: Three Houses is one of the better FE titles.

Octopath is good but the way the story is set up it can get a bit repetitive. If you want to play a MH game on Switch I'd just wait for the new game coming out in March at this point; it's based on new mechanics that MH:World put in, MH:GU is based on the older games that you might not have liked.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I've been playing through Divinty 2, planned to pick up the Baldurs Gate remasters on the switch whenever I get a sec. I tried the Planescape Torment game on mobile, never played it, it fucking sucked on mobile.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can anyone confirm whether or not chrono trigger is for sale/playable on the switch? Or if its moddable to install something like snesx and play it that way (along with the other snes goodies), as the online service list of 30ish games was extremely hit and miss.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Octopath was pretty underwhelming. Gets really boring and the story is too fragmented to really care about.

And I’m pretty sure you can’t get chrono trigger on switch any legit way, don’t know enough about modding it to say on that front.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Can anyone confirm whether or not chrono trigger is for sale/playable on the switch?
Not officially.

Or if its moddable to install something like snesx and play it that way (along with the other snes goodies), as the online service list of 30ish games was extremely hit and miss.
I know old Switches can be hacked but not sure about current revisions. Consider browsing /r/SwitchPirates or /r/SwitchHaxing.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Damnit, thanks gents. I was kind of excited to see that they had Super Metroid on the online pass, but no CT or Legend of the 7 stars makes me really sad. Probably still worth having one for some of the first party titles though

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
CT is out on Android and iOS if you just want to play the game. Probably works best if you have a controller you can connect to it, but I played through it without issue with just my phone.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I keep telling myself I’ll try it if it goes on sale, but then I remember that Pokémon games never go on sale, so. Bought the Switch for the sole purpose of playing next gen Pokémon, so the thing’s just collecting dust now.

They were $39 at the Bestbuy I was in today. Website shows $59 so not sure if mismarked or in-store special since they had so many copies of them.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Not surprising that a year after release Nintendo sells Pokemon + plus DLC for $90

Initially read that thinking $90 got you both games and dlc and not that bad. Than saw two links.

Going to set up the second switch for the kids tomorrow (thanks again for the animal crossing edition heads up) and it looks like the secondary console needs an internet connection to play downloaded games but it will boot out the person playing on the primary if it's online. If I disconnect the primary from the internet both primary and secondary should be able to play at the same time, right? Kids don't really play anything online so would only need to reconnect if we get another digital game I think. Basically just want to let them both be able to play their games at the same time.

Crisco

A greasy jar
Have you guys tried super mario 35 for switch online? Like tetris 99 but original Mario. Can get pretty intense and fun

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The tech on this looks cool. Like a weird anki overdrive. Not sure how it would work staring at your screen the whole time. Anki half the fun is watching your car and diving after it when it flies off the track. This seems like it would just be annoying to try to go after, unless it just stays on the track by itself.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Do the newer switches have better hardware? I've had a switch since the beginning of this thread, was pondering buying one of these animal crossing ones and reselling my older one if its faster