Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't think Gamestop or Walmart have sold out yet; they just haven't gone live at all.

spronk

FPS noob

gamestop and walmart both went live and sold out online right around noon. gamestop may have some in store, huge YMMV most only had 5 preorders and sold out

only big retailer left is amazon and then stuff like dell, antonline, etc

Vorph

Heh, and now I have two preordered. No more than finished checking out a blue/red one at Target and the Gamestop I went to earlier called me to let me know theirs were available now.

I didn't exactly rush over there and she told me that I was still the first there to reserve one. I think the internet (scalper? lol GL with that) demand is making it seem like there's far more interest in this thing than there really is.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Well, that was retarded. Went to Gamestop, because there's no way I'm buying the thing anywhere I can't trade in my old Switch. Store wasn't even open at ~14:55, but someone showed up as I got there. Nobody else waiting in line, so I hung around a few minutes. Get inside and the computer says the store is only getting 5 white ones and that's it, but it doesn't matter because 0 are available to preorder anyway.

Edit: On second thought, maybe I won't trade it in after all. People are getting basically full retail price on Ebay for a v1 unpatched Switch.

Not saying this is the case, but it's entirely possible that the store manager was preordering all of them for himself. I ran a Gamestop for a while a few years ago and I frequently bought high-demand consoles/novelties/special edition games the second they came in. I never sponged up the entire stock, but I certainly could have. Like if the store got 6 of something in a shipment, I might buy 2 or 3 and put the other 3-4 out.

That's right, I was one of those scalper fucks for a little while.

Last edited:
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
the oled switch isn't really hard to source, and i know a ton of resellers have preorders that will cancel since its not really fetching much on ebay. add an alert on nowinstock.net and you can snag one pretty easy on walmart, etc and i'm 99% sure it'll be available at launch on amazon and other places as cancelled orders get released. The crazy one was walmart, if you preordered online the red/blue one their automated pricing engine gave you a $50 price match discount.

even i have one on preorder at best buy but imma be cancelling before releasing, just keeping in case a relative i like deserves a nice xmas gift

Crone

Flying out Monday, flying back Friday for 5 weeks total for work to Anchorage. Already went through 3 weeks before I remembered I have a Switch and might be able to make the 3 and a half hour flight from Seattle a little better. This last trip back I saw a dude playing his Switch and was like ohhh yaaaa!!

Thinking about getting Witcher 3 on it, and uploading my progress from Steam to finally finish off the expansions there. Any other suggestions?

• 1Galaxy Brain

spronk

FPS noob
image0.jpg

if nintendo sells another service fee on top of nintendo switch online for another bunch of 20 year old ROMs that'd be... well, the most nintendo thing ever

• 1Like

Szlia

Legend of Zelda maker is probably a false good idea. The genius of Mario Maker is the many ways items, enemies and the player can interact with each other. There really is none of that in Zelda. But maybe they will explore new territories...

Crisco

A greasy jar
Legend of Zelda maker is probably a false good idea. The genius of Mario Maker is the many ways items, enemies and the player can interact with each other. There really is none of that in Zelda. But maybe they will explore new territories...
I can see the cheese and stupid levels being dominant with zelda also like they are in maraio maker. Just imagine all the fake walls etc that will be used ad nauseum.

Some levels are good but they are few and far between.

Vorph

Not sure whether to be happy XC3 is 2022 and not two or three years out still, or angry that it's XC3 and not XCX2. XCX port for Switch announcement is long overdue too.

Assuming that's legit it's pretty sad that the only thing in there I give a single fuck about is the very last line.

• 1Barf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Not sure whether to be happy XC3 is 2022 and not two or three years out still, or angry that it's XC3 and not XCX2. XCX port for Switch announcement is long overdue too.

Assuming that's legit it's pretty sad that the only thing in there I give a single fuck about is the very last line.

I still haven't finished XC2 and I haven't even played Torna or XCX. I'm such a massive Xenogears/Xenosaga fan too. XC2 and XCX are top of the "things to play" shortlist for me...but so are like 30 other things. I really hope XCX gets a Switch port before I get to it.

I can see the cheese and stupid levels being dominant with zelda also like they are in maraio maker. Just imagine all the fake walls etc that will be used ad nauseum.

Some levels are good but they are few and far between.

I'd be fine if they left fake walls out entirely. But yeah, I'd love a Zelda Dungeon Maker to death. Could use 2D overhead themes from Zelda 1, Zelda 3, and Link's Awakening.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Nintendo figured out how Bluetooth works.

One day I tried to hook my kids Bluetooth headphones to his switch and I was like why the fuck can’t I find this. I finally searched online and was blown away you couldn’t. I thought I was just completely overlooking something.

Vorph

Nice, once the OLED is out next month, Switch will finally have caught up to the Vita!

Am curious if they properly implemented aptX LL though. I would like to stop using my BT dongle since it takes up the USB-C charge port, but I can definitely see Nintendo fucking that up.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Might sell my Switch and replace it with a Switch OLED. What are the reasons NOT to do this? People were saying something before about Switch launch models (which this is) being more valuable.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Hacking mainly, original systems can easily be modded. I believe.

What kinda hacking we talking about? Like emulators?

I've got a modded Playstation Classic that has like 200 PS1 games on it or something like that, plus the full repertoire of NES/SNES/Genesis ROMs. It's pretty awesome.

spronk

FPS noob
OG switches could have a hacked firmware replacement that let you pirate any switch game. Its a very, very small subset of switches that allow it, basically the first 6 months or so of the production run.

You can check yourself, enter the first 10 digits of the S/N here

most likely it'll say your switch is patched aka unhackable.

If it is hackable you can install emunand and atmosphere, i think this is the how-to but i haven't done it in like 2 years

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users