Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
What kinda hacking we talking about? Like emulators?

I've got a modded Playstation Classic that has like 200 PS1 games on it or something like that, plus the full repertoire of NES/SNES/Genesis ROMs. It's pretty awesome.

How easy was it to hack your PS Classic? Mine's been gathering dust, I basically only played Battle Arena Toshinden on it for huge nostalgia vibes, but I'm sure I'd play it more if I had a big library of retro games on it.

Advice would be appreciated as I've never hacked any of those mini consoles and am not savvy about these shenanigans.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
How easy was it to hack your PS Classic? Mine's been gathering dust, I basically only played Battle Arena Toshinden on it for huge nostalgia vibes, but I'm sure I'd play it more if I had a big library of retro games on it.

Advice would be appreciated as I've never hacked any of those mini consoles and am not savvy about these shenanigans.

A friend did it for me, but it seemed pretty simple. Get the right files on a USB thumb drive, get a power cord splitter thing that lets you attach the USB thumb drive and the USB power cord to the same USB jack, start it up.

As for the Switch, mine is most likely hackable, since it was the first Switch available at the store I got it from on launch night. Not sure how I feel about INFINITE FREE GAMES~! on the Switch, though. It's almost like it cheapens the system.

spronk

FPS noob
once you hack your switch you should probably never go online with it again either, while there are ways to "restore" your firmware and boot into it so in theory nintendo should never know, there is speculation there are boot rom logs leftover that can't be hidden. Most people who hack their switch have a second switch to play (paid for) online games with like Smash or Mario Kart, and im too old to deal with that shit.

it is really fun hacking it though, you have to do this paperclip shit into the joycon holder slot and it feels very 1980s Hacker-ish

fetchimage

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
i think they are supposed to announce N64 games coming to Nintendo Switch Online, and a new N64 controller that will be compatible with switch

plus rando games, wonder if any 2021 releases

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
If this is more $1 steam indie for $40 on switch or emulated game(s) no one will touch after their first whiff of member berries I'm highly considering dumping my switch. Feel like I haven't played anything worthwhile that isn't already a remake/remaster in almost 2 years.

I do have a hackable one. Maybe just sell it as they are fetching retail or higher resale.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Will be getting a Switch in the near future. Other than Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild and Metroid Dread what games are a must have?

spronk

FPS noob
mario kart 8
super mario odyssey
smash bros

maybes
fire emblem 3 houses
animal crossing
ring fit adventure
mario maker 2
mario 3d world

dunno
monster hunter rise? MH stories 2?
one of dem dere pokemons

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Stardew Valley. Grow those cauliflowers on the toilet.

Seriously though. It's still my most played Switch game. It's the perfect game for a portable format.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I think I'll probably end up waiting until Black Friday sales to pick up a Switch. Its only 2 months away. I'm in no rush at this point and maybe there will be some kind of badass combo with Metroid Dread or something.

I'd like to see if anyone I have store credit with has something decent to offer.

Juvarisx

Florida
Will be getting a Switch in the near future. Other than Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild and Metroid Dread what games are a must have?
mario kart 8
super mario odyssey
smash bros

maybes
fire emblem 3 houses
animal crossing
ring fit adventure
mario maker 2
mario 3d world

dunno
monster hunter rise? MH stories 2?
one of dem dere pokemons

Good list, I'd add Dragon Quest 11S, and Xenoblade Chronicles DE if you are into JRPGs

Last edited:
  • 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd add Chrono Trigger & SM: Legend of the 7 Stars to that list, but neither are available on the switch and I can't figure out why :|

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

It was very easy. I did it a year or so ago when I got a classic on sale for like $20. It was a usb with files on it basically. There are YouTube videos on it, don’t remember which I followed but the whole process took maybe 20 minutes.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
OG switches could have a hacked firmware replacement that let you pirate any switch game. Its a very, very small subset of switches that allow it, basically the first 6 months or so of the production run.

You can check yourself, enter the first 10 digits of the S/N here

most likely it'll say your switch is patched aka unhackable.

If it is hackable you can install emunand and atmosphere, i think this is the how-to but i haven't done it in like 2 years
Wtf. My old one comes up as “May or may not work”. How do they not know lol