Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Going to go out on an OLED-finding expedition today and see if I can grab one anywhere. I have a feeling that stores around metro areas will probably be totally sold out while stores out in the burbs will have stock. Unless those stores get less supply, IDK how Walmart/Target/Gamestop do things nowadays. I'm expecting to need to cross state lines to find one though.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was pretty easy to get one for me on Best Buy website on release date. Multiple stores within 25 miles had both the white and regular one in stock so don’t forget to check there too if they get a restock as well.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Well fucking sweet, I wasn't even going to bother but I went in and traded my v2 for $260 and asked how I can get my hands on an oled and they had one left.

Someone called and asked about it while I was in the shop.

Everything is coming up Milhouse.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Fucking switch won’t start. Has been in the dock for like 4 weeks since it was last used, now nothing.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Well fucking sweet, I wasn't even going to bother but I went in and traded my v2 for $260 and asked how I can get my hands on an oled and they had one left.

Someone called and asked about it while I was in the shop.

Everything is coming up Milhouse.

I've got an OG launch-edition Switch that can be hacked. Am I better off ebaying it or trading it in at a Gamestop? Sounds like GS has jacked up their buying offers. Might be quicker to just do that, unless I can get like $400 on Ebay or something. I need to take some time to look through the listings.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20211016_164056.jpg

It took some looking around, but I found one at a place 45-60 minutes away. Had to race there from another place once I found out, and was able to grab their last one.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I've got an OG launch-edition Switch that can be hacked. Am I better off ebaying it or trading it in at a Gamestop? Sounds like GS has jacked up their buying offers. Might be quicker to just do that, unless I can get like $400 on Ebay or something. I need to take some time to look through the listings.
Dunno about ebay but I'm also unsure how much longer gamestop will be giving out $260 either. Mind you, this is gamestop credit and it appears you already have the oled.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Dunno about ebay but I'm also unsure how much longer gamestop will be giving out $260 either. Mind you, this is gamestop credit and it appears you already have the oled.

They know me over there (the manager used to work for me), I'm guessing they'll do a return switcheroo for me if necessary to retroactively apply it. For $260 I think I'll take it, looks like a lot of the Ebay listings are $300 but you also have to deal with shipping / possible fraud etc. If it was closer to $400 sure. Some of them are over $500 but only if they're unpatched.

spronk

FPS noob
gamestop still giving $260 for switch v1/v2, $135 for switch lite, with pro membership. a few still have OLED switches in stock, more expected to show up sorta randomly

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
gamestop still giving $260 for switch v1/v2, $135 for switch lite, with pro membership. a few still have OLED switches in stock, more expected to show up sorta randomly
Where does it say the $260 price? I’m seeing $220 when I check

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Just got an OLED model today and picked up a copy of Breath of the Wild from Gamestop. I was at Home Depot and there is a Gamestop by it so I went in there and asked if they had any OLED models left. The guy said they had plenty of them. So I went back home and refunded the regular Switch I bought about two week ago from Best Buy and snatched up the OLED model. I know BB return policy is 15 days and today was the 15th day. The girl who I returned the Switch back to didn't even bother to check the box. Hell I could of put a brick in there and got my money back. Anyway I bought the regular one becauese I was under the impression there would be a huge shortage like the PS5 but I guess I was wrong.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I can confirm that if you already bought an OLED and want to trade in your old Switch after copying everything over, just bring them to a Gamestop and you can do a return / trade-in to get most of your money back. You do have to bring the OLED and the Switch with you so they can scan them / enter serial numbers. Make sure you talk to the store manager, don't let any random clerk say they can't do that because they all totally can and most are. Deal ends on Friday.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
How hard/expensive is it to replace a switch screen? A couple years ago my oldest raged and cracked his screen. His punishment has been to play on that cracked screen until he can afford a new one. He has saved up and wants an OLED, so I figure I will just take his old one over.