Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Got my Collector's Edition preordered, been waiting 4.5 years for this damn game. Nice scores(though the IGN "it's not persona!" line is comical).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can't handle weeb shit. Everything is so over-dramatized. The aesthetics are always super gay. And if there are any attempts at humor, they make you want to crawl into a hole and die.

But other than that, I'm sure it's great.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
feel free to repost in smt thread i have no idea where it is

wonder how it'll run on pc emulator

Weeb Shit aside, I did enjoy Persona 3/4/5.

What are the odds Octopath Traveler and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will get Black Friday markdowns? They've been sitting at $60 forever. I want both for my game pile, but considering I probably won't play either for at least a few months, paying full price seems pretty dumb. However, I expect both to go up in price if they haven't already. So I'm on the lookout for a markdown just to get them before that happens. If I could get both on a B1G1F sale that'd be incredible. I'd also like Nier Replicant and Automata, but considering they're PS4 games, they aren't going anywhere or going up in price. Octopath and Xeno 2 almost definitely will.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider

What are the odds Octopath Traveler and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will get Black Friday markdowns? They've been sitting at $60 forever. I want both for my game pile, but considering I probably won't play either for at least a few months, paying full price seems pretty dumb. However, I expect both to go up in price if they haven't already. So I'm on the lookout for a markdown just to get them before that happens. If I could get both on a B1G1F sale that'd be incredible. I'd also like Nier Replicant and Automata, but considering they're PS4 games, they aren't going anywhere or going up in price. Octopath and Xeno 2 almost definitely will.
Nintendo games basically never go on deep discount, but you can probably look for them to be $40, or buy 2 get 1 free.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider

Hard to say about octopath but XC2 has been pretty hard to get a physical copy of. It's slightly older now so there aren't to many copies left I'd bet.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Hard to say about octopath but XC2 has been pretty hard to get a physical copy of. It's slightly older now so there aren't to many copies left I'd bet.

Yeah, this is why I'm feeling some pressure to get them even though I won't play them yet. I've noticed Xeno 2 being scarce. I managed to get ahold of a physical copy of Torna for $30 so at least that's out of the way.

Nintendo games basically never go on deep discount, but you can probably look for them to be $40, or buy 2 get 1 free.

B2G1F seems like the most likely thing to happen, probably from Gamestop. I could use that opportunity to get Breath of the Wild as well (yeah I still haven't played that either) so I'd essentially be getting all three for $40. Only problem is, if it's GS they'll likely be used. Either way, getting those 3 will have me set on Switch games for a while.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
XC2 you literally had to wait years before it had a decent Black Friday sale, think 2019 was the first time it did. But they discounted the whole batch including DLC and Torna at sale price too so keep an eye out this month.

These days you have less than 24 hours to notice when Walmart puts physical games on clearance, like XC Definitive Edition, before scalpers clean out the whole state.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
XC2 physical will likely be impossible to find now (for less than $60 anyway) as others mentioned. Digital did go on sale for $40 at all the major retailers and eShop as well last Black Friday, so that's your best bet.

Octopath Traveler has been on sale from eShop as low as $30, and that's the absolute max anyone should ever pay for it imo. Physical has only ever hit $40, but could go lower this year since it's not a first party game and it's getting pretty old. It really isn't a good game though and you're not missing out on much by skipping it entirely.

P.S. Deku Deals ... set up a wishlist and they'll notify you when things finally go on sale.

spronk

FPS noob
octopath traveler is also on gamepass on xbox and imo better way to play, unless you only play handheld on the road or whatever

even in that case it might be better QoL to own a steam deck and just run all these switch games on emulators. i've heard metroid dread is running great on PC now, and i've seen people already show screenshots from SMT V on pc emulator. Just on specs alone the steam deck is like 7 years ahead of the switch, so even just brute force emulation should allow things like 60 fps, anti aliasing, and super fast loads.

here it is at 4k 60 fps already, the deck is 720p so i assume it should be able to do 720p 60 fps no problem

i like my switch (i have the oled one) but its pretty much just my "waiting at the mechanics/doctors" machine, if a steam deck runs a switch better than a switch...

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
XC2 you literally had to wait years before it had a decent Black Friday sale, think 2019 was the first time it did. But they discounted the whole batch including DLC and Torna at sale price too so keep an eye out this month.

These days you have less than 24 hours to notice when Walmart puts physical games on clearance, like XC Definitive Edition, before scalpers clean out the whole state.

I checked in with Gamestop and they're having a B2G1F sale for preowned. Got Xeno 2 ($54), Octopath ($54), and Breath of the Wild for free (normally $40). So averaged-out I paid about $35 for each which is a good deal I'd say.

Now I've got every Switch game I wanted aside from a couple digital things like Actraiser and Diablo 2 that I'll get when they have a physical release or a LARGE digital markdown.

Gamestop said the $99 Mario Kart physical course / car thing is gonna be marked down to $50 for Black Friday, if anyone wants that.

XC2 physical will likely be impossible to find now (for less than $60 anyway) as others mentioned. Digital did go on sale for $40 at all the major retailers and eShop as well last Black Friday, so that's your best bet.

Octopath Traveler has been on sale from eShop as low as $30, and that's the absolute max anyone should ever pay for it imo. Physical has only ever hit $40, but could go lower this year since it's not a first party game and it's getting pretty old. It really isn't a good game though and you're not missing out on much by skipping it entirely.

P.S. Deku Deals ... set up a wishlist and they'll notify you when things finally go on sale.

It seems like people either love or hate Octopath and I've been seeing more negative opinions on it than positive. I played quite a bit (2-3 hrs) of the hot chick's storyline on a rental and I liked it, mainly because the visuals are stunning. I want to see more retro 2D games get remade with those 2D-HD visuals.

Vorph

It seems like people either love or hate Octopath and I've been seeing more negative opinions on it than positive. I played quite a bit (2-3 hrs) of the hot chick's storyline on a rental and I liked it, mainly because the visuals are stunning. I want to see more retro 2D games get remade with those 2D-HD visuals.
If you're starting over now that you've bought it, you should definitely pick Cyrus as your main character. It's a very long time before you get full control over your party, and if there's one character you'll want to be stuck with the whole time, it's him.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If you're starting over now that you've bought it, you should definitely pick Cyrus as your main character. It's a very long time before you get full control over your party, and if there's one character you'll want to be stuck with the whole time, it's him.

Unfortunately I'm like level 25 or something with the hot dancer chick, so starting over probably isn't gonna happen.

I'm more concerned about Xeno 2 because I have no clue where I left off or how to play and I'm too far with it to start over.

Xeno 2 reminds me a lot of the human half of Xenogears, while Xeno X is more of the Gear half. Both are great, surprised I stopped midway through.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Meh I beat Zelda now I going to sell my oled Switch. I really have no need for it at all especially with the Steamdeck coming out early next year and I can run a Switch emulator on it.

Last edited:

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Opinions on dragon quest xi?

how about xc2, octopath and any other rpgs?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Octopath was pretty bad, only part that wasn’t terrible was the combat but that got super tedious pretty quick.

spronk

FPS noob
dragon quest xi-s is great on xbox, its on gamepass but the game takes like 100 hours to complete, but I 100%'d it and enjoyed it a lot. i assume the switch version is similar since the xbox port is based on the switch version (but way faster).

octopath is also on gamepass, i sorta gave up after 20 hours its ok but super tedious and there really isn't much of a story going on

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
DQ11 is great; just make sure you get the Definitive Edition(DQ11:S on Switch iirc).

Octopath was kinda meh tbh, the game structure is very repetitive. XC2 is good but it depends on what your tolerance for anime tropes are.

• 1Like

Vorph

Best part of Octopath was what they did with UE4 to create their "HD-2D" engine. Hopefully Triangle Strategy puts it to much better use.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users