Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Still seeing one left in stock when I tried it just now.
View attachment 429466

Follow the link in the tweet above and make sure you're looking at used ones sold by Amazon Warehouse. Not sure what kind of shape "Used-Good" is in and if it's worth saving $16 over a new one though.

Ah wonder if the stock’s just fluctuating or something. Was only getting 4 sellers before. I’m in budget mode, so I’ll save some cash where I can. I don’t use my Switch all that much, but it does get uncomfortable on the hands quick. Snagged that discounted one. Thanks!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Using on my oled switch on vacation right now and I don't miss rumble at all.

These things are a massive improvement in comfort while playing.

Cool, I'm ordering one. Going with the blue one cause I kinda like the look of it the most. Probably should go with black, but w/e.

Haven't played Switch in a bit, next game I'm playing is Live a Live though and this'll be perfect for that since it'll probably be 90% on the go.

Yep they work on my OLED Switch.

Correct they don’t have rumble. I never cared about rumble as I mostly play RPG games but that’s me.

Rumble isn't that big of a deal on Switch anyway. The rumble is waaaaaaay superior on PS5, and PS5 games definitely need their rumble. DualSense is the best controller ever in my view, and a lot of it is because of that. So when I go from PS5 to Switch, the rumble already feels a generation or two old. Much less of an issue to lose Switch rumble.

At this point PS5 (plus 4) is basically my home console and Switch is basically my portable console. I like that they combined the console and portable lines after Wii U / 3DS because it's one less system to deal with. I've found that I go portable with it way more though.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ah wonder if the stock’s just fluctuating or something. Was only getting 4 sellers before. I’m in budget mode, so I’ll save some cash where I can. I don’t use my Switch all that much, but it does get uncomfortable on the hands quick. Snagged that discounted one. Thanks!
the one i got is a "ripped" packaging looks and feels new but box is trashed. did they get pallet that fell over? i always look for "used-new, item will come in original packaging, packaging will be damage"

95% of the time it's new just looks like it fell off a pallet, of course i wouldn't chance this w/ my kitchen gadgets

and this hori is amazing and i got that bluefox or whatever case for it? fits like a glove and it has "indents/outdents" for the switches so they don't get squashed

should have done this a while ago, plane trips will now be more enjoyable

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
one bad thing about the hori i realized today when i took my switch to the vet is that you can't remap the buttons on it like the pro controller or joycons. i have my switch swap A and B so its more like xbox/ps5 but that doesn't work with the hori's for some reason.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I missed this earlier in the week but was still able to snag one for under $30 this morning, it said 1 left in stock but I have a feeling it perpetually says that.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Got my "used-good" Hori in. Better shape than I expected it to be in. Still came with all the packaging (there was a small dent in the box), but haven't noticed any damage on it. Will try out all the controls later on.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The Split Pad Pro arrived. It looks like it's purple, not blue. Was hard to tell on the website. The purple looks significantly worse than what I expected. Not that keen on it so instead of opening it I think I'm gonna switch it out for a black one, even if it's some trouble.

• 1Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Been playing Splatoon 3. Been awhile since Splatoon 2 but feels like I am playing the same game minus having a different single player portion.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

more zelda remasters, metroid prime remaster?

I bet there'll be nothing about Prime 4. My hype for it has dwindled enough that I wouldn't mind getting Prime remakes for the next 3 holiday seasons and then Prime 4 in late 2025. Not even sure why we needed more added to the Prime series, as the 3 existing games pretty much contained that story. I'd rather they add more to the actual main timeline (post-Dread) rather than continuing to add to Prime as a parallel-series.

Other predictions:

-Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD Switch ports (given that they're just porting the Wii U versions I imagine they could get both done fairly quickly)

-Metroid Prime Remake (not remaster, full-on remake)

-Pokemon stuff

-Maybe a curveball out of left field and they throw us the first teaser for the next Mario game?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
At some point will they ever release or talk about a new console?
OLED Switch isn't even a year old yet, so I wouldn't expect them to even talk about any new hardware for at least another year. I know rumors have said otherwise, but imo they're all bullshit.

• 1Like

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just picked up a Switch OLED this weekend. Any suggestions on controllers for 4 people awhile playing on the TV? The switch controllers feel small and cheap (ok for the hand held version), and not really looking to spend $50ish+ EA on the OEMs.
Thanks!

Djay

Trakanon Raider

pokemon oled switch
I've been holding out buying a Switch this year just on the chance that this would be released. I'm not even a big pokemon fan...I just love the combination of purple and red.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The dock should've been black.

Just picked up a Switch OLED this weekend. Any suggestions on controllers for 4 people awhile playing on the TV? The switch controllers feel small and cheap (ok for the hand held version), and not really looking to spend $50ish+ EA on the OEMs.
Thanks!
Nintendo Pro Controllers are more like $70 outside of Black Friday and other very rare sales. The best controller for Switch is PowerA Fusion Pro imo. Seems strangely hard to find right now though. It's also roughly the same price as the official one and you probably don't need stuff like paddles and swappable sticks, so a good alternative would be their Enhanced Wireless Controller which is about $40-45 and is more basic (though it does still have two programmable back buttons). There's also the 8bitdo Pro 2 which is about $50 and is also excellent.

Main thing to know about Switch controllers is that Nintendo has stupid rules for 3rd party stuff. Like no one, licensed or unlicensed, can have a NFC (Amiibo) reader. Licensed controllers (PowerA) have no rumble, and can turn the Switch on remotely. Unlicensed controllers (8bitdo) have rumble but not "HD rumble" and can't turn the Switch on. Both PowerA and 8bitdo do support motion/gyro controls if that's important to you. They also have both have a better d-pad than the official Pro Controller.