Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

spronk

FPS noob
wii sports was a huge game in my household, pretty much everyone had a copy and a few relatives only had a wii + wii sports. scores seem kinda low but i guess the world has moved on

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
wii sports was a huge game in my household, pretty much everyone had a copy and a few relatives only had a wii + wii sports. scores seem kinda low but i guess the world has moved on

Seems about right. Even though it was fun at the time, that’s about the right score the original game should have gotten too.

spronk

FPS noob

ive had the family super deluxe NSO plan since it released and haven't run a single N64 game :(

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Bought my kid Castle Crashers for his Switch. Friends come play a local co-op game, turns out it doesn’t save any of their progression, just his. So I look it up and people say create dummy user accounts, press Y to select the dummy users when choosing your character. He already has dummy users set up for his friends. When you press Y to select one though it just says “this action can’t be completed.” Nintendo seriously sucks at the multi user on one console shit. I have no idea how to get it working so that they can all have their own local user ID that it saves their characters to. Fucking stupid.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
Nintendo's doing a summer road trip thing where kids can play some of the newer games and win prizes and stuff, does require preregistration but could be really fun for kids. registered to take my grandkids but unfortunately the san diego one is during comic-con which seems like terrible timing

FULQHviWYAA6V2n

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Nintendo's doing a summer road trip thing where kids can play some of the newer games and win prizes and stuff, does require preregistration but could be really fun for kids. registered to take my grandkids but unfortunately the san diego one is during comic-con which seems like terrible timing

FULQHviWYAA6V2n

Should be called the Woke Trip, look at those cities.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Any heads up or sites to track Switch deals? Always a day late to this and apparently missed the Switch + Mario Kart 8 bundles because that's exactly what I want.

Seems to be in stock for $348 but was $299 (stealth edit b/c my initial amazon search didn't turn up but a Google link worked...)

Juvarisx

Florida
Any heads up or sites to track Switch deals? Always a day late to this and apparently missed the Switch + Mario Kart 8 bundles because that's exactly what I want.

Seems to be in stock for $348 but was $299 (stealth edit b/c my initial amazon search didn't turn up but a Google link worked...)

Best site for everything switch deals

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Best site for everything switch deals

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for. And luckily there's an Overcooked 2 deal on the front page that is good to know since I'll have to rebuy it coming from the PS4 version.

Guess I'll just use the little remotes that come from it and my 2x 8bitdo to have 4 controllers and 4 player if necessary.

Juvarisx

Florida
Thanks, exactly what I was looking for. And luckily there's an Overcooked 2 deal on the front page that is good to know since I'll have to rebuy it coming from the PS4 version.

Guess I'll just use the little remotes that come from it and my 2x 8bitdo to have 4 controllers and 4 player if necessary.

The Nintendo Pro Controller is really solid, if not a little pricey. Some people complain they start to drift but i havent had that issue after 2 years of owning them.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I was thinking about grabbing it but having to wait until some nebulous date to get everything is a turn off.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

So, the reason we never got a Metroid Prime Trilogy HD is because they were saving them for individual releases. Smart from a financial standpoint. Chances are these remakes will be a lot more visually upgraded compared to a general HD trilogy port, since they're one per disc instead of all 3.

These are day one buys for me. For anyone who missed out on the Metroid Prime games, they're the best first-person shooters I've ever played besides Bioshock. More like first-person adventures. They really feel like alien worlds. The first is stunning and gorgeous, the second is dark and eerie and probably gave me more chills than any other game ever. The third one kinda loses a few steps in the design department by having a lot more areas (but all of them are way shorter) and I never found it as fun or memorable as the other two, but it still has the same good gameplay.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Anyone playing this Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes game?

I liked the first FE Warriors a lot so I bought the new one today, only to get home and not be able to find my Switch ANYWHERE. I might have left it at my other place, unsure.

Anyway, curious if anyone's playing this new one and how it is.