Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Speaking as a shameless Nintendo fanboy, this Nintendo Direct was a steaming pile of shit.

No idea who thought it was a good idea to cram it full of farming simulators and generic weeb RPG's...

Only news worth it for me was Sifu on Switch (it's out already for months on other systems but I prefer to play on portable if I can), and the new Zelda trailer and release date..

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Feb 24, 2023 - way sooner than expected

edit: will be available on Steam

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
FciraLgaIAEN85n.jpg

golden eye 64 coming to NSO too, golden eye getting some sort of remaster on xbox

i guess people are saying Tears of the Kingdom is BOTW2? weird

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hell, I'm not even much of a Nintendo fanboy at all (vast majority of what I play on Switch is 3rd party) and that was the best Nintendo Direct in ages. Definitely agree that there was a bizarre amount of life sim/farm games being shown though.

New Fire Emblem announcement + it coming out in January was pretty massive news.

Fatal Frame Zero could be great news but the Maiden of Dark Water remaster was fucking abysmal on every platform compared to the WiiU original. I want to play it since unlike MoDW I haven't already played the original, but definitely a 'wait for reviews' game.

XC3 second DLC (first with actual content) is out next month. Seems dumb to do NG+ (which is way less interesting/worthwhile than XC2's NG+) until it's all out though imo.

Tunic is a really good game, though most people already played it via Game Pass. It seems like a good fit for portable mode too.

Front Mission 1-3 is also great news for SRPG fans. Shame there wasn't any actual footage shown though, not even anything for first one out in a couple months. 1 & 2 (which was never released outside Japan before) were already announced but AFAIK this is the first we're hearing about FM3 as well.

Octopath Traveler 2. Personally I thought the first game was pretty terrible in every department except visuals, and I don't have a lot of faith in them throwing out everything else and starting over from scratch for a sequel.

Atelier Ryza 3. Not a huge fan of the Atelier series, but Ryza is one of the better ones.

Harvestella looks like about the only 'life sim' RPG I'd ever try. Not a new announcement but the demo was a surprise. Seems to be Switch-only, no sign of a demo on Steam (yet?).

Bayonetta 3 still looks great, but nothing new today.

Not sure if this is the first time they've shown RainCode gameplay, but it definitely looks like a spiritual successor to Danganronpa. Switch timed exclusive is new info too, I think.

RE8 ... Cloud. LOL no. Cloud games on Switch are universally garbage.

Sifu was good but I'd never want to play it at less than 60 fps.

Tales of Symphonia remaster will probably make some people happy. I didn't even like Vesperia after finally getting to play it on Switch so I doubt I'll get an even older Tales game.

Zelda info (title, release date) was new, but the only thing I want to hear from them is how they've thrown the durability system away like the worthless trash that it is.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Other predictions:

-Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD Switch ports (given that they're just porting the Wii U versions I imagine they could get both done fairly quickly)

-Metroid Prime Remake (not remaster, full-on remake)

-Pokemon stuff

-Maybe a curveball out of left field and they throw us the first teaser for the next Mario game?

WOW I was way off.

Holy shit, Nintendo.

• 1Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Tunic is a really good game, though most people already played it via Game Pass. It seems like a good fit for portable mode too.

Yes I forgot about that one, it looks pretty cool, never heard of it before but I'll definitely check it out on Switch. The visuals and music reminded me of Link's Awakening except for the isometric angle.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Nintendo cares about Japan first and foremost, so their decisions will usually cater to their audience and everyone else is second at best.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Disapoint was really hoping the rumors for windwaker and twilight princess would come true

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
A little excited about new Zelda, but damn I really want a new Mario Odyssey type game.

No more remakes, no more old shit, make new games baby please.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone still thinking about buying a Hori Split Pad Pro, Walmart has the blue one for $25. In-store deal only, so it's limited to whatever you can find in stock locally (all 4 within 25 miles of me have them at the sale price atm, so it doesn't seem too terribly YMMV).

(Walmart link will tell you if it's in stock locally, Brickseek link will tell you if it's on sale for $25.)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Didn't know where else to stick this, nintendo or general gaming thread, but cool as hell.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Has anyone here bought the special edition consoles before? It doesn't look like anywhere is taking preorders for the pokemon version. Trying to figure out if I just need to be refreshing the nintendo website the day it goes on sale or what the best plan to get one is.

spronk

FPS noob
the pokemon one has gone on sale pretty much everywhere including nintendo direct many times in the past month, probably close to 40-60% of the sales were to resellers who are just gonna put them up on ebay for $100 scalp. usually they only stayed up for a few mins (which is pretty good, REALLY limited stuff sells out in under a minute)

nobody knows if nintendo is making a fuck ton of them and they will be easily available this holiday or if they are hard as fuck to get. You can try setting up an alert here to send you an alert to your phone via SMS

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I do want to eventually get an OLED Switch, and do like the look of the Pokémon one. But I also don’t know if Pokémon is going to turn out to be a bag of shit again.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I do want to eventually get an OLED Switch, and do like the look of the Pokémon one. But I also don’t know if Pokémon is going to turn out to be a bag of shit again.
Why would that matter? It doesn’t come with the game

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Why would that matter? It doesn’t come with the game

I guess it doesn’t really matter. Mostly just don’t want to put effort trying to get one only to not actually care about the product it’s designed after. Kinda like if I wore some band’s tshirt just because the logo was cool but I never listened to them. It’s weird to me, but I get ya.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
the pokemon one has gone on sale pretty much everywhere including nintendo direct many times in the past month, probably close to 40-60% of the sales were to resellers who are just gonna put them up on ebay for $100 scalp. usually they only stayed up for a few mins (which is pretty good, REALLY limited stuff sells out in under a minute)

nobody knows if nintendo is making a fuck ton of them and they will be easily available this holiday or if they are hard as fuck to get. You can try setting up an alert here to send you an alert to your phone via SMS
Nintendo Direct shows it as releasing in November and being available on 11/4 and the website you linked to doesn't have a "last stock" date for the pokemon version.
I appreciate it, though...I'll look into setting up alerts.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Has anyone here bought the special edition consoles before? It doesn't look like anywhere is taking preorders for the pokemon version. Trying to figure out if I just need to be refreshing the nintendo website the day it goes on sale or what the best plan to get one is.

• 1Like