Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Joy-Con Not Responding or Responding Incorrectly When Used Wirelessly | Nintendo Switch | Nintendo Support

Ensure your console has the latest system update.
Ensure the Joy-Con controllers are charged. How to
Try to decrease the distance between the Joy-Con and the Nintendo Switch console.
Ensure that the Nintendo Switch console is placed to minimize interference with the Joy-Con. It is best if the Nintendo Switch console is placed out in the open and that it is not:
Behind a TV
Near an aquarium
Placed in or under a metal object
Pressed against a large amount of wires and cords
Within three to four feet of another wireless device, such as a wireless speaker or a wireless access point.
Check for possible sources of interference and turn them off. Interference can be caused by devices, such as:
Laptops, tablets, etc.
Wireless headsets
Wireless printers
Microwaves
Wireless speakers
Cordless phones
USB 3.0-compatible devices such as hard drives, thumb drives, LAN adapters, etc.
In most cases it will be enough to move these devices three to four feet away from the Nintendo Switch console and/or Joy-Con controllers. However, if you continue to experience this issue, please power these devices off while using the Nintendo Switch console.

Holy fuck that list is real. I thought you were making a joke. HAHAHAHA

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
By your spamming and derailing of this thread it's clear you want the switch to fail and you want to be the popular guy saying "I TOLD YOU SO" .

With that said it clearly has some drawbacks and it may not be for everyone.

But not everyone is a broke peasant and some people want to spend their money on whatever they want regardless of what some fuck like you says on FOH :)

Lol who the fuck is this guy.

I don't want the switch to fail. But it will. So I think it's important to cut through the shit, and get to the basics of value to the consumer. The system is fundamentally broken aside from the portability feature. SA switch thread called. Go back there and blow sunshine up your asses if you can't handle the truth. I mean you are talking about a company who has part of their controller fucking BROKEN passed 7 feet away from the dock and their advice is to sit closer or make sure you turn off your aquarium thereby killing yellow tangs across the globe.

That seriously just happened. I mean holy shit buddy.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Joy-Con Not Responding or Responding Incorrectly When Used Wirelessly | Nintendo Switch | Nintendo Support

Ensure your console has the latest system update.
Ensure the Joy-Con controllers are charged. How to
Try to decrease the distance between the Joy-Con and the Nintendo Switch console.
Ensure that the Nintendo Switch console is placed to minimize interference with the Joy-Con. It is best if the Nintendo Switch console is placed out in the open and that it is not:
Behind a TV
Near an aquarium
Placed in or under a metal object
Pressed against a large amount of wires and cords
Within three to four feet of another wireless device, such as a wireless speaker or a wireless access point.
Check for possible sources of interference and turn them off. Interference can be caused by devices, such as:
Laptops, tablets, etc.
Wireless headsets
Wireless printers
Microwaves
Wireless speakers
Cordless phones
USB 3.0-compatible devices such as hard drives, thumb drives, LAN adapters, etc.
In most cases it will be enough to move these devices three to four feet away from the Nintendo Switch console and/or Joy-Con controllers. However, if you continue to experience this issue, please power these devices off while using the Nintendo Switch console.

So you have to use it on the go or you can't play right now. Nice.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Switch signal gonna start mutating aquarium fish. Real life Street Sharks incoming!

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You apparently need to sit in a faraday cage 2 feet from your tv with nothing else in the room. I hope I see people playing these things in groups so I can troll them by walking around them with my cellphone causing the controllers to fail. Great QC Nintendo.

• 3Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
You apparently need to sit in a faraday cage 2 feet from your tv with nothing else in the room. I hope I see people playing these things in groups so I can troll them by walking around them with my cellphone causing the controllers to fail. Great QC Nintendo.

TVs have USB so needs to be off. Sorry.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Welcome to reality good sir. Enjoy your stay here.

I mean that's the selling point of it right?

Everyone knows you aren't getting serious hardware and an array of 3rd party titles. If you wanted that you would have a xbone/ps4.

I am interested because I primarily play PC games. I came to this thread for info and all I see is your hate circlejerk.

I will imagine Nintendo will fix this issue but still shitty it's day one and fucked up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I have a lot of respect for Nintendo for giving a unique experience which isn't a dumbed down PC like Sony and Microsoft. They do try different stuff and the industry usually copies them. This controller business is just a huge fuck up. This is one of the first things that should have been tested. What if they can't fix it, then what? That list is unreal with the amount of things that can interfere with it. They should have taken an extra 6 months and released this during holiday season. They aren't competing with Microsoft or Sony so it doesn't really matter what they release.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I mean that's the selling point of it right?

Everyone knows you aren't getting serious hardware and an array of 3rd party titles. If you wanted that you would have a xbone/ps4.

I am interested because I primarily play PC games. I came to this thread for info and all I see is your hate circlejerk.

I will imagine Nintendo will fix this issue but still shitty it's day one and fucked up.

Obviously the whole selling point is to use it as a home console to play Nintendo 1st party games and AAA games as well since they are marketing that, at home and on the go. And what they have is a portable that lasts less than three hours with those AAA games and a completely broken home experience unless you are on welfare and are using your neighbors internet and have one TV without any electronics within a radius of 50 feet of the thing, and if you turn on a light, your left joycon desyncs and link dies.

Last edited:

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I have a lot of respect for Nintendo for giving a unique experience which isn't a dumbed down PC like Sony and Microsoft. They do try different stuff and the industry usually copies them. This controller business is just a huge fuck up. This is one of the first things that should have been tested. What if they can't fix it, then what? That list is unreal with the amount of things that can interfere with it. They should have taken an extra 6 months and released this during holiday season. They aren't competing with Microsoft or Sony so it doesn't really matter what they release.

Then they deserve to fail. and we will all rejoice next console cycle with Nintendo games on real consoles and hopefully PC.

Pretty unbelievable it's now released and an issue for say 5% of consoles let alone the majority (or all).

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Man, I don't understand how anyone can watch those Giant Bomb guys. Take something that ought to be interesting like a console launch and spend the first 30-minutes talking about accounts.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Obviously the whole selling point is to use it as a home console to play Nintendo 1st party games and AAA games as well since they are marketing that, at home and on the go. And what they have is a portable that lasts less than three hours with those AAA games and a completely broken home experience unless you are on welfare and are using your neighbors internet and have one TV without any electronics within a radius of 50 feet of the thing, and if you turn on a light, your left joycon desyncs and link dies.

I've been playing on the tv for 4 hours now and i have my pc, ps4, wiiu, cable box, tv, 2 computer monitors, speaker system all in the same ass area\ ooh yeah modem and router and not once has my left joycon died or desync'ed. Might it in the future? sure, but 4 hours playing zelda today on the tv and nothing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Doesn't anyone remember the doa ps4 s and all that? I mean it's new tech might have some issues. I personally have not experienced any issues with my switch.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I've been playing on the tv for 4 hours now and i have my pc, ps4, wiiu, cable box, tv, 2 computer monitors, speaker system all in the same ass area\ ooh yeah modem and router and not once has my left joycon died or desync'ed. Might it in the future? sure, but 4 hours playing zelda today on the tv and nothing.

That's good news. How far away are you from the switch dock?

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Switch review - picked it up this morning, played about 3 hours of Zelda today.

Console history: most of the big releases since the 8 bit era, not a fanboi but I'd say the SNES was probably my favorite console all time. I've stayed away from most of the portables but had an old Gameboy as a kid.

Preferred gaming devices: PC Master Race forever. PS4 or Steam Link for couch play.

Graphics: better than WiiU, not as good as PS4, nowhere near PC (duh). Experience is improved on small screen when playing portable for obvious reasons.

Sound: Nintendo quality.

Quality: Screen looks nice, lightweight, would like it to be a little "heftier" but that would defeat some of the portability I'm sure. This might sound funny but the plastic feels good, it's "soft" and feels comfortable in the hand. Kickstand WILL break. I can't believe they didn't use a nice hinge and/or an aluminum kickstand. That shit is flimsy. Same for the Card slot door.

Controls: Small. I played about 1.5h on the TV using the Joy Con w/grip, and about an 1.5h on the tablet with Joy Cons attached. I prefer the Joy Con w/grip, I might pick up the Pro. I could see myself preferring that as the Joy Cons are small, my kids will do just fine with them, but I could see my hands cramping over time. Overall though, the controls were responsive, I like the feel of the buttons but they are tiny, and in fairness I didn't have any hand/wrist pain or numbness while playing.

Kids: Kids will love this. Great for the car.

Here's the thing; this is a portable console that you can play on your TV when you feel like it. I plan on playing this thing in bed, on the toilet, maybe in the bath (seriously) and when I go to work. I could easily see myself propping it up on my desk with the kickstand or one of the 3rd party cases and using the Joy Con w/grip between patients. I look forward to being able to take a game break at work and play a AAA title with great graphics/controls/gameplay. Previous handhelds have had zero interest to me due to screen size and hand cramps. This could be the fix for that.

Zelda: It's awesome. I feel like it's a really compelling game and if you have more money than sense, I don't think you'll be disappointed with the purchase. If you want a portable high quality gaming unit with actual games and not bullshit iPad tablet shit, you will not be disappointed with this purchase. If you have kids, you will not be disappointed with this purchase. If you want a PS4/5 quality Nintendo experience, you will be disappointed. If you absolutely need to play this Zelda (and I wouldn't blame you, it's great) I would recommend picking up a cheap WiiU if you can and play that version. If you're used to PS4/Pro/PC, the graphical difference between Switch and WiiU really shouldn't matter because honestly, the graphics are not great. Really good. But not great.

Hope that helps those on the fence.

• 3Like