Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Ultra Street Fighter 2 is going to be $39.99 when it comes out on switch. I really don't get what is going on with the Japanese game companies from the 80s. Capcom, Konami and Nintendo really don't seem to know what the hell they are doing at all anymore and completely out of touch with reality.
Game should be 24.99 at most, but really about 19.99. 40 dollars for a fucking game that basically came out 20 years ago? hmmm nope.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I never bought a Wii, a Wii U, or a 3DS, so I'm fine with paying $300 for the Switch. I find it hilarious that so many people are talking shit on the Switch, when they either bought a PS4 or an Xbox1, which is just a shitty, cheap PC.

• 1Smuggly
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I never bought a Wii, a Wii U, or a 3DS, so I'm fine with paying $300 for the Switch. I find it hilarious that so many people are talking shit on the Switch, when they either bought a PS4 or an Xbox1, which is just a shitty, cheap PC.

Yes but they have games. And also street fighter isn't $40 on them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Njals

<Bronze Donator>

Drawing a blank on a must have XB1 exclusive game but off the top of my head the PS4 in the first quarter 2017 alone got Nioh, Nier and Horizon and before that Bloodborne which aren't on PC (well Nier will be but the port quality is up in the air). Switch really doesn't have any must have exclusives yet and probably won't until next year if Mario get's delayed.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
All switch needed was VC + a few strong ports for cheap money to make it easy to tide people over for the release year. Anyone with half a brain could have figured that one out.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
USB-C you are so silly.

69yrNPw.jpg

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
That's how USB C is supposed to work. When you plug the cable in to one device, then a second instead of a charger, the first device sends power to the second.
I understand that because it doesn't have a traditional host/client relationship. Therefore I just said it was silly, not broken.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
15 hours i have been on my switch and 0 joycon's disconnecting. Though, i did have to re-calibrate my joycons only because i had no idea you had to do them in the first place. I finally figured that out when i had to do some of the zelda puzzles and the fucking cursor was all fucked up.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

This is a really bad troll post. But, just in case it isn't....

All Nintendo did here was completely destroy the value given to gamers on the PS4 and Xbox 1 and not only shipped a completely underpowered lack luster hardware fuck up (from joycon desyncs, Bluetooth and wireless problems now showing up all over the place, and piss poor engineering with the dock and base unit including input placements) they came up with an online system that requires a second device for chat/lobbies, reverted back to fucking friend codes (seriously?), still have not unified VC across platforms so people can port a game over they already bought five times over now (Christ even Microsoft did this with the Xbox 1 and previously purchased Xbox 360 games in their marketplace on your live account) still tie games to the console so no account sharing in the same house with multiple consoles, price gouging on accessories, and the value of their online service when official launch happens in the fall, while cheaper, provides jack shit for value in today's landscape with free games as a subscriber.

It is so bad right now that I am wondering if they did this on purpose to drive the NOJ company management to finally give up on hardware and become a software developer for good.

I can guaranteee you this one 100%. NOA wanted absolutely nothing to do with this unmitigated fucking shitshow and tried their best to wake up their japanese overlords to no avail. Absolutely 100% guaranteed. Now Reggie has to clean this fucking mess up.

Last edited:

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider

In six months, after your Switch has collected five months of dust, and Zelda is still the only game worth playing why don't you come back and tell us how awful our "shitty PC's" are?

I mean do you even care about games, because a Switch owner talking shit about consoles with massive libraries is almost as big a joke as "30 million right out of the gate". Enjoy your gimped tablet until the new car scent wears off.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
how is it so bad? i dont get it! Hell, even friends of mine who quit gaming 15 years ago and became Jayrebb an adult even bought the damn thing. game stop just said its probably their best console launch ever. Im not really seeing alot of "bad" right now. could it change? possibly, but as of right now. I dont see it.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
how is it so bad? i dont get it! Hell, even friends of mine who quit gaming 15 years ago and became Jayrebb an adult even bought the damn thing. game stop just said its probably their best console launch ever. Im not really seeing alot of "bad" right now. could it change? possibly, but as of right now. I dont see it.

GameStop is full of shit and better say that, because Nintendo is the only console manufacture so stuck in the past, it will keep their used game sales alive while subscription models are taking over to start eliminating the need to buy a used game. If MS's plan works out and with Sony offering NOW, the value of a 10 dollar a month subscription to cover hundreds of older games will destroy used game sales when someone walks in and says, "why the fuck should I buy this used game for 20 when I can play it on a subscription for half that for an entire month and get accsss to hundreds of other titles."

Nothing is going to stop it now as GameStop clings on to the only console maker that is ten years behind the times, just like Gamestops mind set.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
In six months, after your Switch has collected five months of dust, and Zelda is still the only game worth playing

So much this. Because what's going to happen is sales will fucking tank in two weeks until Mario comes out. And in those 9 months, 3rd party will say fuck this yet again as no one is buying it. Aside from this thing being a piece of shit, there aren't any games to lengthen the hardware sale cycle through the next nine months. VC won't make the impact it could have because they didn't cross link the damn NNID's so the shit you bought for your 3ds and Wii U you have to purchase again, and everyone will go back to the 80 million 3DS systems out in the market to play them if they want.

Fucking disaster. I'd be surprised if it breaks four million sold by the middle of 2018.

spronk

FPS noob
That's how USB C is supposed to work. When you plug the cable in to one device, then a second instead of a charger, the first device sends power to the second.

So if you plugged a USB-C cable into a mac first, then the switch second, will it start charging the switch from the mac? Thats nice at least.

sales discussions at this point are a bit silly, nintendo made 2m switch units for the first 30 days. they will sell out. there are at least 4m people in the world who will buy anything nintendo makes, no questions asked. Nintendo's problem the last two gens has been that consumers only buy first party games and don't bother with third party games, if that continues then devs will continue to stay away.

Nintendo doesn't really seem to care though, offering up no financial incentives for companies to invest in the switch so its gonna be a tough holiday if Battlefront 2, Destiny 2, Call of Duty 2017, RDR 2, Assassins Creed 7, etc have no switch ports and there is absolutely zero reason to believe any of them will, given the switch is 1/5th to 1/10th the power of a ps4 and the gap will widen to ludicrous levels once Microsoft releases Scorpio and Sony releases whatever alternative it wants. There are even rumors Sony is working on a portable PS4.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Personally I think without VC, no purchases carried over, and only Zelda and some gimmicks and indies already out on all portables, I see even Nintendo fans saying screw it. They will continue on with their 3DS and wait to see what happens. (I guess I can be considered a Nintendo fan since I have owned every console save the N64. And now the switch).

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So, I'm considering getting a Switch or Wii U. Right now, adding up the total cost it looks like $540 is my total initial investment for Switch (two pro controllers, Zelda, console, and next month MK8) versus $380 for Wii U (assuming $40 for two pro controllers, zelda, and a used MK8). A total difference of $160. I'm in full "don't care" mode now. Looking through the Wii U lineup, I see like 4 games worth buying that we'd play. Right now, I'm trying to find a $200 Wii U. Maybe I get MK8 on it too which cuts the cost down some. It looks like used Wii U's are going for $250. I might as well buy a Switch at that point.

My upshot? I'm haranguing over $160. I've spent more on an anniversary dinner or night out. And fuck you Nintendo. Just go third party already. I'd totally buy a PS4 today with Horizon and Zelda on it. I wouldn't even hesitate.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So, I'm considering getting a Switch or Wii U. Right now, adding up the total cost it looks like $540 is my total initial investment for Switch (two pro controllers, Zelda, console, and next month MK8) versus $380 for Wii U (assuming $40 for two pro controllers, zelda, and a used MK8). A total difference of $160. I'm in full "don't care" mode now. Looking through the Wii U lineup, I see like 4 games worth buying that we'd play. Right now, I'm trying to find a $200 Wii U. Maybe I get MK8 on it too which cuts the cost down some. It looks like used Wii U's are going for $250. I might as well buy a Switch at that point.

My upshot? I'm haranguing over $160. I've spent more on an anniversary dinner or night out. And fuck you Nintendo. Just go third party already. I'd totally buy a PS4 today with Horizon and Zelda on it. I wouldn't even hesitate.

I mean the only positive of the Wii U at this point seems to be VC content, like Ogre Battle 64 just came out for it. You can hack it all if you're so inclined as well. But generally, I would buy a Switch as you point out, except you can't play anything but Zelda on it right now which I'm not really interested in.