Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

spronk

FPS noob
if you buy a wii u and follow the directions in the jailbreak thread you can download every game for free, they all play online and come with full DLC/updates. there are no more games scheduled to be released for wii u though.

the money you'd spend on mk8 you have to buy a 1tb drive and 64-128gb SD card

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Black Wii U 32GB Deluxe + Nintendo Land - FACTORY REFURBISHED BY NINTENDO | eBay is what spronk, me, and a couple others here bought. They are basically in perfect condition and come with a 1 year warranty. No reason to even consider buying used unless it's much cheaper than $200.

Yep, that's what I have as well. I bought two, when Mario kart 8 came out. One for my parents. Both were not refurbished at all. They were brand new - the WiiU sold so poorly they just needed to unload unsold units.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Wait...is Breath of the Wild "free?" I'm actually willing to pay for the game because yada yada capitalism, artists, etc. I just don't want to encourage their shitty hardware.

spronk

FPS noob
you can download it for free on a jailbroken wii u, you will be a pirate then though
pirate.jpg

You have to go through all the jailbreak steps, they haven't yet patched the wii u to disable it (for a year) while they did patch the latest 3DS firmware to disable jailbreak/CFW
Wii U and 3DS jailbreak

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Even if you jailbreak it, you can still buy the game from the eShop if you want. If you want a physical copy though, good luck. Amazon basically got no copies of it on Wii U and there's shortages everywhere else too. Not sure about BB or Walmart, but I'd have to drive more than an hour to get a copy at a Gamestop.

Caeden

I drove 5 minutes to best buy and now have a physical copy of Wii U Breath. I'm ordering a Wii U now and 3 pro controllers. I'm still debating the jail break only because I just built a RetroPi machine a few weeks ago which gave me up through N64 stuff. I've got 5 days to figure that out if I want to do it.

Caeden

Haha...WTF. I know its common but the last time I really heard about dead pixels was back when the first PSP came out. People were putting the black, white, red, and blue pictures on the PSP to hunt for dead pixels. Speaking of PSP, fuck that thing. What a waste of money that ended up being.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Haha...WTF. I know its common but the last time I really heard about dead pixels was back when the first PSP came out. People were putting the black, white, red, and blue pictures on the PSP to hunt for dead pixels. Speaking of PSP, fuck that thing. What a waste of money that ended up being.

Dead pixels are virtually non-existent on screens this size. It's just more poor quality control due to rushing this system out the door. There is also an issue with color calibration where some people are getting screens with yellow tinting, much like the 3DS screen lottery.

If you are going to buy one of these systems there are fifty different things that can be/go wrong with them so heaven help you if you buy from somewhere that isn't really customer friendly with their returns.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Amateur. He needs to use a psvr. I did it and it works really well. Just put the switch hdmi into the back of the psvr processing box where the PS4 cable usually goes. 2d cinematic mode magic

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So if you plugged a USB-C cable into a mac first, then the switch second, will it start charging the switch from the mac? Thats nice at least.

Yeah, it looks like they properly implemented the standard, so you should be able to use any USB C charger instead of a proprietary one.

As someone who hasn't owned a Nintendo device since the DSi, nothing about the switch interests me at this point. If anything, it makes me think about picking up a 3DS before it's gone.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
In six months, after your Switch has collected five months of dust, and Zelda is still the only game worth playing why don't you come back and tell us how awful our "shitty PC's" are?

I mean do you even care about games, because a Switch owner talking shit about consoles with massive libraries is almost as big a joke as "30 million right out of the gate". Enjoy your gimped tablet until the new car scent wears off.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe comes out next month, Splatoon 2 comes out this summer. Tell me, what great exclusive games did PS4 and Xbox1 launch with? I must have missed it. Now, fuck you and your mother.

• 3Salty
  • 2Smuggly
Reactions: 4 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
All other issues aside (which I personally haven't experienced), the form factor is great. I would love it if they would come up with an XL version of this thing.

I went from the couch to the bathroom to my desk without missing a beat and it was pretty awesome.

• 1Like

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Nintendo confirmed a new Switch ‘feature’ that has some gamers furious

"Nintendo has confirmed in the Nintendo Switch FAQ on its website that game save data cannot be transferred between systems. Period. Full stop. “On Nintendo Switch, game save data is stored on the console’s System Memory,” the website says. “This will not change whether downloadable software or software from a game card is being played.”

The FAQ continues, “Game save data cannot be saved or copied to a microSD card.” And as a nice little added jab, the site notes that if your internal store fills up and you no longer have any space to save game data, your only option will be to free up space using this procedure — you won’t be able to store any save data on a microSD card."

• 1Like