Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Couldn't you store and share save game data on the N64 via cards? What the fuck, Nintendo.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
cad-20170303-7300b.png

• 2Like
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
switch is constantly changing HDMI input (to a black screen) on newer TVs (Samsung, LGs) while its docked, off, and charging - apparently turning off Receive News in system settings fixes the problem for anyone who has it. They should be able to do a firmware fix not to send a HDMI input signal every time they connect to the internet though.

some guy was pissed that every 30 minutes it was changing his sports game lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Nintendo confirmed a new Switch ‘feature’ that has some gamers furious

"Nintendo has confirmed in the Nintendo Switch FAQ on its website that game save data cannot be transferred between systems. Period. Full stop. “On Nintendo Switch, game save data is stored on the console’s System Memory,” the website says. “This will not change whether downloadable software or software from a game card is being played.”

The FAQ continues, “Game save data cannot be saved or copied to a microSD card.” And as a nice little added jab, the site notes that if your internal store fills up and you no longer have any space to save game data, your only option will be to free up space using this procedure — you won’t be able to store any save data on a microSD card."

So you damage your switch and warranty swap to a new one and lose all your saves. Cool.

LandoDealKeepsGettingBetter.gif

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I have to imagine that gets changed in a firmware update. That's utterly retarded.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I was at Target yesterday to try and take advantage of the B2G1 and the hipster in front of me was buying the last Switch. I was talking to another sales clerk before he even arrived so If I wanted one I could have taken the last one. As we are in line someone comes up asking about the Switch and they tell him its the last one so he walks off. The hipster chases him out of the store then comes back a few minutes later and continues checking out. Then turns to me are you looking to get a Switch? Nope. He says okay and checks out and leaves. Dude was trying to flip it in the store with no luck lol.

Oh and then Target didn't have the game I wanted so it was a wasted trip.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Good Christ some of these people are so transparent, or desperate, they write shit like this...

Wow the Pro Controller is totally worth it. It blew my mind last night. I was playing on the tv with the pro and it felt so complete. Like this a full fledged system, it didn't feel like a gimmick.

It's an overpriced wireless controller that is no different from any of the others and it controls your games just like they have been controlled for the last 20 fucking years now.

Where do these people come from? And if they are being paid by a third party shill firm, they need to do a better job of hiring people.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I can't really hate since I bought the Xbox Elite controller for 150 bucks, but that controller is like a gift from the heavens!

• 1Like

Heian

Molten Core Raider
They said at this time the feature to move save data is not available but will probably look into it.

I guess they will add a strange way to add this feature that could have been simple.

I really loved the Wii U pro controller. Battery on that thing lasted 80 hours and I don't think I'm exaggerating.

I got the Switch pro controller. Material quality wise it feels better than the PS4 controller but not as great as my Elite Xbox controller. The motion sensor is really good on it. The box claim 40 hours of play between charge I will test it in the next few weeks.

I remember doing that trick in splatoon where you could use wii u pro controller with a wiimote attached with elastic (With a code) and the second player could use motion just like the one holding the wii U screen.

Last edited:

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I can't really hate since I bought the Xbox Elite controller for 150 bucks, but that controller is like a gift from the heavens!

Yeah, but I would say the Elite controller has a massive amount of different features. This is basically like buying an Xbox 360 wireless controller but paying $70.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
How much is the pro controller?

Around $60 in the US I think?

In Norway it is really expensive

PS4 controller is 599nkr ($79) , while the Pro controller is 798nkr ($95)

I considered getting a Switch, but since every nintendo console I have gotten since the Wii has ended up as dust magnets due to only wanting 1-3 games per console generation, I considered against it. Will get the WiiU version of Zelda so I can get some more use out of that. Only have the persona like game and Xenoblade for it.

If I got the switch, not sure if I would ever get anything else. There any other RPG type games coming for the Switch? Skyrim doesn't count. If it can't run Zelda at 30, I can't imagine Skyrim on it. Looking forwards to the Switch vs modded PC comparisons. Switch hardware looks like it missed its mark by two generations. "But handheld!" argument doesn't hold up to me at least. It appears marketed at the extremely general consumer looking for something to shut their kids up in the car. There is no way any "gamer" would look at Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo and chose a Switch for their only console.

There is indeed a market for it, and might even be a console hit like the Wii, but also think it will fade like it. Gaming companies are not going to bother developing a far inferior version of their games for the Switch compared to the PS4 or Xbox, and with minimal to non-existent third party support, it will end up like the Wii and WiiU. Zelda, Super Mario and a few other Nintendo brands to keep it up, but it will not ever be a "primary" console for anyone.EDIT: I also think the developers of Bayonetta 2 wish they had kickstarted their game to be released on PS4/Xbox/PC compared to being a WiiU exclusive. Think the studio knows they would have been better off with that, and that other studios know that too now. I'd be shocked to see any third party developer release a major exclusive for the Switch/End edit

Considered doing the WiiU hack thing that was linked in another thread, but the cost of the items would exceed that of Zelda, so meh. Will just buy it.

Last edited:

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I was at Target yesterday to try and take advantage of the B2G1 and the hipster in front of me was buying the last Switch. I was talking to another sales clerk before he even arrived so If I wanted one I could have taken the last one. As we are in line someone comes up asking about the Switch and they tell him its the last one so he walks off. The hipster chases him out of the store then comes back a few minutes later and continues checking out. Then turns to me are you looking to get a Switch? Nope. He says okay and checks out and leaves. Dude was trying to flip it in the store with no luck lol.

Oh and then Target didn't have the game I wanted so it was a wasted trip.
Who the hell goes to the store to buy a console to flip several days after it's been released? You would think the fact that it's available for them to buy would be a giveaway that the demand for resale isn't there.

edit: actually it does look like it's sold out everywhere. now I wish I woulda bought a few to flip. not really though since it's the Christmas season that drives the hype for these things. if I had a kid who begged me for a Nintendo Switch and it was mid-March i'd tell him to fuck off and go play outside.

• 1Solidarity

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, but I would say the Elite controller has a massive amount of different features. This is basically like buying an Xbox 360 wireless controller but paying $70.

The Xbox 1 Wireless controller uses batteries though doesn't it? The Switch Pro controller has a 40 hour battery life.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
FYI Best Buy has Wii U pro's marked down $10. Probably could find it cheaper elsewhere but I couldn't.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
The Xbox 1 Wireless controller uses batteries though doesn't it? The Switch Pro controller has a 40 hour battery life.

Yeah. I do not use the Xbox One Controller much since my X1 collects a lot of dust, but with the play and charge kit you are looking at $57 or so. And on a full charge lasts a long time (Not sure in hours). However, that battery is also replaceable where the Switch Pro battery is not. (With that said, unless you get a faulty unit the pro controller will last the duration of the console cycle for the most part)

Dual Shock on the other hand is about 6-7 hours for me max. Battery life doesn't effect me much past hour 6. At some point I get up, eat, and charge the controller and take a break. I have never gotten upset and said, "Oh darn it. If this had only had 40 hours without charging I could have finished that last ounce of Meth and finished the game."

Ooh oops. You were talking the Elite (I was still thinking classic Xbox 1 controller)

Can you use a play and charge kit on an elite?

spronk

FPS noob
yes, i have two xb1 elites and both use the same battery mechanism as regular xbone controllers - can use play and charge, two rechargable batteries, or two regular AAs

I just keep all my controllers wired 100% of the time

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I do think the Switch pro controller work on PC.

EDIT.

Just looked on internet.

Joycon and Switch Pro controller work on PC.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I do think the Switch pro controller work on PC.

EDIT.

Just looked on internet.

Joycon and Switch Pro controller work on PC.

That would be futile for the most part. All games that are controllable via controller use an Xbox controller as a guide. Nintendo has the B And A and X and Y buttons reversed. Something else that has always pissed me off :) when playing Zelda and it says press B, and my muscle memory for the last 14 years dictates it's the right side button. Nope. It's the bottom one now. Ugh.

• 1Like