Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
mario oddysey can now be emulated on pc

once again the emulated version is the superior one, anyone arguing this is retarded

proof

Hahahaha holy fucking shit, I almost sprayed my laptop with coffee.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Well I'm finally drunk on here and ready to argue RGB color space and gamma tracking and shit with Ut and a_skeleton_03 bans him. In recompense you will post the picture of your penis bulge after downloading it to your Switch and viewing it in handheld mode so Rafterman will get all hot and bothered.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Well I'm finally drunk on here and ready to argue RGB color space and gamma tracking and shit with Ut and a_skeleton_03 bans him. In recompense you will post the picture of your penis bulge after downloading it to your Switch and viewing it in handheld mode so Rafterman will get all hot and bothered.

You should watch that DF Doom tech analysis. They pretty much echo everything I said about the handheld vs tv screen and how blowing it up to a bigger screen, even with a slight resolution bump, still makes for a worse looking game.

But what do they know, right?

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Well I'm all sobered up now so this shit is boring again, but A) I'll never play Doom on the Switch so my interest in that video is something less than 0, and B) like I've said several times now, I've played hours of Zelda both handheld and docked and the overall winner is completely clear. There's no need to partake in some internet dork's analysis of the subject. I'm sure someone out there would rather fuck Bea Arthur than Margot Robbie, but that's not my problem either.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Some internet dork, eh? Way to make your case! They're the best video gaming tech analysis site on the net and they disagree with you. The random internet dork is you, who thinks he's knows more than people who break shit down for a living and are highly respected.

But, yeah, I'm not going to get dragged into your fucking stupidity again. Carry on with your witless quips.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
So highly respected professionals can never be wrong and their opinions are completely shielded from any and all possible counterpoints. Got it. We should shut this place down and just leave some spec sheets up for people to enjoy at their leisure since professionals have already settled everything.

And I did skip to his visual analysis. Most of it was explaining how the game looks better on the PS4 (no shit) with one quick comment being made about handheld mode looking better than docked but with no mention of what sort of display he is using to compare it to. If that is supposed to represent the be all end all conclusion to the debate, that's some pretty weak shit. Doom also allegedly renders at well under 720p docked for a good chunk of the game, so that would make for a rather poor showing compared to Zelda which generally floats between an effective 720p and 900p.

Last edited:

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Xbone is by far the worst. I mean if you had to pick one and only one it would be the second choice, but if you could pick two then the xbone would never even be considered.

PS4 and switch is the best of the console world.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Some dude claiming he knows some upcoming release stuff, some about Nintendo

Leakileaks • r/Kappa

The Nintendo stuff

NINTENDO:

There has been pressure towards Game Freak to get Pokemon's 8th Generation out in hopes of a release next year. If you recall Pokemon Stars, that is (or was) real, but all it was was a Sun and Moon port to the Switch, used as an engine test tech demo thing.

Metroid Prime 4 should have something revealed with some in-game footage early next year from what I've heard. I'm hearing that Direct in January particularly. Bandai Namco is developing the game for Nintendo. I don't know which development studio.

There is some kind of new Animal Crossing that they hope to release next year too.

The Switch's Virtual Console will not be like how it currently is known to be like. There is some kind of a subscription service of sorts in the works.

Mother 3 is real. According to my source, it was completely localized and playable. The sad thing that I've heard is that it is being held back for some reason, which all I know has something to do with not knowing which month to release it in.

According to one of my sources, they claim that Square Enix is doing The World Ends With You 2 exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.

Blizzard is preparing a Hearthstone port for the Switch. I'm not sure when this will be announced due to the phrasing, but I heard about this when I went to Blizzcon.

Ut would be happy if the subscription VC thing actually happened, he’s been calling for that shit for months

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
i hope they announce a switch v2 with actual modern hardware sometime soon

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
It'll be a couple years at least before that happens, this thing isn't even a year old heh.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Fuck yes I can finally buy a nintendo product to play Hearthstone on it! (I assume only 59.99 cartridge to play right?)

• 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 user

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Some dude claiming he knows some upcoming release stuff, some about Nintendo

Leakileaks • r/Kappa

The Nintendo stuff

Ut would be happy if the subscription VC thing actually happened, he’s been calling for that shit for months

The writing has been on the wall about a subscription based virtual console. I think anyone following trends has been calling that.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
The Gamecube was more powerful than the PS2, so it wasn't until the Wii that Nintendo went all underpowered.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I'll probably pick one up for, Prime 4(but even that has me skeptical with no Retro working on it) and whatever new game Retro has been working on for well EVER, but Odyssey looks pretty good for what the system is, but not enough for me too buy yet..

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
The big names at Retro who worked on Prime series work at Armature now. Current Retro still makes good games (Last 2 Donkey Kong games were great), but they shouldn't be working on Prime 4.

Tanabe is directing Prime 4 just like he did for the first 3 games, but no one knows what internal Nintendo studio they pegged to do the grunt work, or if they are using a 3rd party studio.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I'll probably pick one up for, Prime 4(but even that has me skeptical with no Retro working on it) and whatever new game Retro has been working on for well EVER, but Odyssey looks pretty good for what the system is, but not enough for me too buy yet..

I don't think it's worth a Switch for Mario or Zelda alone, but I think both of them make a pretty compelling case.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I don't think it's worth a Switch for Mario or Zelda alone, but I think both of them make a pretty compelling case.

They're the start of a compelling case. The fact you can play Zelda elsewhere makes it less so. Prime, however, would probably push me over.

It annoys me Nintendo doesn't capitalize on their fanchises, though. A Prime Trilogy remake for Switch would have sold me on it day one.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user