Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
How are your holding it? I not only have my pinkies hanging off but also my ring fingers trying to hold it in position.

My thumbs on the front facing controls, index fingers on the shoulder buttons and my other fingers cradle the back of the console. It's not as comfortable as a pro controller but it works for portable gaming.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
The pro pad, other than being fucking $$$$$ is very nice- Nintendo does always make a nice controller.

Just to add more praise, that pro controller is pure sex in my hands. I've logged in over 50 hours of Zelda with that thing since Christmas and I've experienced zero fatigue. I'm not a big fan on the price, but it's a quality product.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I don't have small hands by any stretch of the imagination. Is portable the most comfortable thing ever? Not always. Better than my vita and 3ds xl.

I have a nice big 4k TV and dolby atmos setup as well. Doesn't bother me that is not the most powerful thing ever. I have a gaming rig and the other consoles for the games I want a huge experience like that. But we've had this conversation before. Doesn't matter really. You do you bro. I bought it for Zelda and am glad that it is getting more games.

Oh don’t get me wrong. I’m not knocking it’s place. Which is first party and indie especially portable indie. But I think we both agree triple AAA ports is not where it’s strength is. So when you have a choice to play something like dark souls at 4k60, that’s a no brainer. At least as far as I am concerned.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
games i've already played on my WiiU.... *faceplam* guess I'm the only hold out so far..

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
games i've already played on my WiiU.... *faceplam* guess I'm the only hold out so far..

No that’s another reason not to buy one. That’s 95% of the library. Port after port after port and then some AAA remasters which are on par with the Original PS4 / X1releases again, the big draw being if you play portable. I mean if the remaster of dark souls for switch launches at full price that’s a huge rip off (which wouldn’t surprise me if it did) because it’s barely better than the ps3 version I played which was 720p30. I mean basically docked you are at 1080p30. Unless you haven’t played it combined with being on the road constantly and need portability, there is zero reason to get this on any other system then a more powerful home console. Especially this game.

Again, really trying hard not to shit on dark souls excitement here, but not everything should be ported over to this thing, and that includes shit like doom, Skyrim, dark souls, wolfenstein, etc. some games are made for it. Mario rabbids, Mario kart port, indie heaven (I mean it’s the best indie portable machine on the market) shit even Zelda was a Wii U port and was horrible in hand held mode. You can’t even see the shrines you are looking to mark from tower scoping. X2 is not good on portable. Hell at this point I would say 60% of the games are just not good anything but docked. Of course only my opinion.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Like I said, the only game that is really interesting me right now is Prime 4, but even that I'm a bit skeptical(No Retro working on it. Yes I know retro didn't do the story work on the original primes, but they were the world builders which is one of my favorite parts from the games). worse comes to worse I can just borrow my brothers Switch, fucker owes me for fixing his 3DS/PS3....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Gonna have to agree to disagree on that. I put 100 hours into Zelda exclusively in handheld mode and it was great

• 2Like

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Like I said, the only game that is really interesting me right now is Prime 4, but even that I'm a bit skeptical(No Retro working on it. Yes I know retro didn't do the story work on the original primes, but they were the world builders which is one of my favorite parts from the games). worse comes to worse I can just borrow my brothers Switch, fucker owes me for fixing his 3DS/PS3....

The Retro studio of today isn't the same Retro that made the Prime games. Most of those guys are working at Armature Studios now. So Prime 4 had to be done by a new team.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
The Retro studio of today isn't the same Retro that made the Prime games. Most of those guys are working at Armature Studios now. So Prime 4 had to be done by a new team.

They still made DKC Frozen, so they still have some people there who actually care about the worlds being built, with them not in the picture at all, I'm skeptical as fuck after that cluster-fuck called Samus Returns, AM2R does it way fucking better.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Games I'd like to see on Switch:
1. New Metroid
2. A new Luigi Mansion
3. New Donkey Kong Country
4. New Super Smash Brothers
5. New Kid Icarus (probably will never happen, but be awesome)
6. New Ghouls and Ghosts (again, probably won't happen)
7. New Castlevania (please, God, let this one happen)

I really don't care about ports of other games over to the Switch, that's not why I bought one. I honestly bought it just for the first party games that Nintendo always puts out (and are always awesome). The fact that it's a kick ass portable console, for me, is just an added bonus. I honestly never thought I'd play it that much on the go, but I take it with me almost everywhere. My only complaint about the system is I'm finding myself putting in a lot more hours than I have in a very long time into video games (at least since my mid to late twenties), which isn't entirely a bad thing, it's just that with it being portable, I find myself playing a lot more when I'm not at home.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Metroid and DKC are what I'm looking forward to. Might pick up Xeno sometime soon, but gotta finish Mario first.

• 1Solidarity

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
They still made DKC Frozen, so they still have some people there who actually care about the worlds being built, with them not in the picture at all, I'm skeptical as fuck after that cluster-fuck called Samus Returns, AM2R does it way fucking better.

Uh.. you're the first person I've seen that didn't like Metroid Samus Returns.. game was amazing from start to finish.

• 2Solidarity

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm mainly interested in the actual portable side of the games. I'm not talking playing games on the go, I'm talking the games that were coming out on the DS stuff. Most of it hearkened back to the 90s in style. Like SMT, the stuff square did, well all of the Japanese 3rd parties to be honest.

I have tried multiple times to get into handhelds because the games appealed to me, but I'm with Utnayen on this one, I just have never been able to ever play on one. Now that I have a handheld that can be hooked up to a tv, I can now play all that awesome software in a way that I am comfortable with, along with Nintendo's full console 1st party games as a bonus.

Multiplat games will never appeal on a mass market level because most people will opt for the better version, outside of those who absolutely want games to be portable. I don't think that is Nintendo's goal anyway. I think this thing will have its own unique games. Like square isn't trying to port FFXV they are bringing a port of TWEWY and Octopath. That's what I am seeing and looking forward to.

Last edited:

Siliconemelons

You most likely will see IGA's "not castlevania, castlevania" Kickstart game on the switch...in 2019...although it was "due" like in 2016... there are consistent updates from him and his team and they are showing progress- slowly...

New Metroid and smash should happen- he'll even a new Zelda should happen, eventually on the switch.

I played botw on my wiiu gamepad most of the time without issue.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'm mainly interested in the actual portable side of the games. I'm not talking playing games on the go, I'm talking the games that were coming out on the DS stuff. Most of it hearkened back to the 90s in style. Like SMT, the stuff square did, well all of the Japanese 3rd parties to be honest.

I'll be gravely disappointed if we do not get a Bravely Third (or whatever).

• 2Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Uh.. you're the first person I've seen that didn't like Metroid Samus Returns.. game was amazing from start to finish.

This sums up my opinion on Samus Returns. I like it for what it was for a small period of time, but the flaws came out later. The controls ruined it for me.

Metroid: Samus Returns is another mediocre official Metroid release.

Now if they ported a game to the switch, that should be one of them. Being able to control Samus with a real controller on a bigger screen would make this game tons better than Axiom Verge.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll be gravely disappointed if we do not get a Bravely Third (or whatever).

I agree I've spent close to a decade seeing all these great looking games come out on a system I absolutely loathed playing on, so hopefully they do. Octopath and SMT really give me hope they will, despite MH jumping ship (kind of, although monster hunter being on the full blown consoles is more positive than negative).

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I haven't played a nintendo product since the Gamecube and almost none of these ports so I'm pretty set, but if they come out with a Castlevania, Smash Bros and Metroid it'll be even better.

I want more platformers that are on steam. Dead Cells, Hollow Knight, Shovel Knight, Furi, etc.