Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thats a nice deal on XC2. Between Xenoblade, XCX and XC2 there is a lot of good nintendo hours there. I think XC2 was my favorite of them so far

The Torna expansion is decent if you end up liking XC2 but its kinda short. Playing as Jin was worth it for me alone, but the driver / blade system is a bit different in Torna than XC2

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Did some computer work for a former employer so I ended up with a little extra fun money and stopped by Best Buy on the way home and grabbed the pro controller. Pretty happy with it so far. I was looking for Xenoblade as well, but they only had the follow up standalone game in stock, not the main one.

I think Fire Emblem and Zelda will occupy my time for quite some time anyway. Was the DLC for Zelda worth it?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Is no one playing the re-release of Link's Awakening? I plan on picking it up and dedicating some time to it soon, just been too busy.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is no one playing the re-release of Link's Awakening? I plan on picking it up and dedicating some time to it soon, just been too busy.
I watched some streamers play it but they beat it in one sitting and likely isn't worth $60. On sale at a later date sure pick it up.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I watched some streamers play it but they beat it in one sitting and likely isn't worth $60. On sale at a later date sure pick it up.
All my poop socks have been thrown out or given to charity, I would be luck to get a 1 hour session in. My guess is it will take me 3-6 weeks to get though it with 20 minute sessions.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Picked up Goose Game. Fun distraction and some good laughs at the jerk things you can do. A little over priced but I think that is almost every Switch title outside the big ones.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>

Same plan here - I have as yet to pay full price for a Switch title and have most of the big games - since I have a backlog anyway I’ve been waiting for them to go on sale then get them with GCU discount - I’m going to miss that come this December.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Is the switch lite worth getting over the OG? I use my TV for my PS4 mainly and would rather have switch for portable use

spronk

FPS noob
switch lite cannot connect to TVs so thats really the big thing. if you will NEVER play off a TV then yeah its lighter, grips are a little better (but not detachable, you can use a switch pro etc tho). lite always runs all games at 720p since it cannot dock.

gamestop is trading Links Awakening back for $59.99 if you buy from them until close tomorrow (sunday), i picked it up today, gonna play a few hours and trade back in tomorrow. only worth if you are sitting on gamestop TC since they will only give you back trade credit, not cash

• 1Barf

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
I snagged Links Awakening, never played the original so its all new to me but you can tell its not a huge game. I mostly got it for the wife to play, but figured I would cruise through it just to get it done

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did some computer work for a former employer so I ended up with a little extra fun money and stopped by Best Buy on the way home and grabbed the pro controller. Pretty happy with it so far. I was looking for Xenoblade as well, but they only had the follow up standalone game in stock, not the main one.

I think Fire Emblem and Zelda will occupy my time for quite some time anyway. Was the DLC for Zelda worth it?

I played Breath of the Wild on WiiU, so by the time the DLC came out I had already been done for a while. I bought it but never did much with it. The Master Sword “dungeon” was pretty time intensive and I had other stuff to play so never tried more than once. It was one of those things that would require a fair bit of extra time

The DLC adds a fair bit of stuff but for 20 bucks it prolly depends on if you are going balls deep into the game or justplaying it quickly to get the story done and then on to something else

spronk

FPS noob
ive played 2 hours of links awakening, cleared 2 dungeons, and pretty bored. think i'm just gonna trade this game back in tomorrow, not really my kinda thing anymore

Siliconemelons

ive played 2 hours of links awakening, cleared 2 dungeons, and pretty bored. think i'm just gonna trade this game back in tomorrow, not really my kinda thing anymore

I bought it digital copy - so -60$ for me (well 40, i had some coins stashed)

It still is very much (so far) a game boy game, its "small" - I totally "remember" the beach and lost woods segments to be "bigger" or "longer" - it took me like 5 min to bust through it.

I however, bought it for my wife and kids to play and I think it will be great for them- it is very hand holding with the phone booths and the very direct "what to do next" own and signs everywhere "WATCH OUT FOR THE PLANTS...IF ONLY YOU HAD A BOW WOW" or whatever lol.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah, be interesting to hear how it is for a kid as one of their first game experiences. I devoured this kinda stuff (well ultima and wizardry and bards tale for me) as a kid, but I wonder in an age when more kids start with fortnite and minecraft if this kinda game still would be appealing.

i did enjoy big parts of the game and will pick it up some day to play, just definitely not worth $60. in 2 hours i was done with like 30% of the game.

Siliconemelons

My kids are girls, 6 & 8 - they love zelda and they like playing BOTW but all they tend to do is wonder around - they are not bad at fighting things and they actually get a little nuts with the environment and slate mechanics so it is funny..

they also love killing their horse... sadistic little things.

They however are bad at any "objectives" for the game, any shrine they cant get or understand if it involves "doing" stuff outside maneuvering from A to B - lightning storms always kill them because they dont get to take off metal stuff etc.

They are fairly good at getting from A to B - they have been playing on my "no teleport" play through so I usually get them stocked up on food ammo etc. and set them off to get from A to B on the map and they have a time.

We just got Link's Awakening so I have yet to let them have "their game" yet.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Gonna probably pick up Link's Awakening this weekend for the kids. As posted by others, my Kids love it, and my 6 year old is actually pretty good at fighting, but concepts like picking up all the food so you always have a way to get health back are lost on him. Lol

So I think a little "easier" Zelda game will be great for my 5 year old, and eventually 2 year old. :)

Also, 6 year old loves Spiderman on Ps4. Is there anything at all like it in that same fighting style on the Switch?

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
marvel ultimate alliance 3 might be good, the combat starts off easier than spiderman but i think it gets maybe slightly more difficult. maybe 2-3 years more

lego city undercover is probably perfect for him, and there are a ton of other lego games like harry potter collection, batman, etc

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lego city undercover is great for kids, I also think Hyrule Warriors (its like dynasty warriors with Hyrule guys) is good for kids. Some of the fights are tough but getting to play Link and just plowing through hundreds of guys is fun for kids. You could play co-op on WiiU which was neat

It was the first gMe my boy played a lot on and we had hundreds of hours on it for WiiU. Im not sure how the Switch version varies but its prolly pretty close

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lego City Undercover we have already. He likes that one a lot, but very typical of kids, he's not good at being a team player. Lol

I'll check out Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 maybe. He's got plenty of games, and the new Zelda should hold them over for quite a while.