Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Switch supposedly in stock at Best Buy. I can order one and pick it up from my local store next Saturday.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just went to walmart and got a copy, fuck it.

Before I start though does could anyone tell me what button you use to skip cutscenes? I want the new outfits that you get from starting FC in the main game but I don't want spoilers so I plan to just mute my TV and not look at the screen while mashing the skip key heh.
+ then A, then press A a few more times to skip the tutorial popups that tell you what is different in the new content.

As far as I can tell you only get one outfit (Monado Style I for Shulk) for doing this. Maybe there's one for the other main character of the new stuff too, but I haven't unlocked her in the main game yet. Whatever else you get for outfits seems to require actually completing some/all of it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Switch supposedly in stock at Best Buy. I can order one and pick it up from my local store next Saturday.
I'm on the hunt for one and in multiple deal alerts on Twitter, and they have had a ton of restocks at Best Buy today but all have sold out insanely fast, obviously. Have to be quick on the trigger.

Vorph

Finally... would have had this in early Feb if not for the goddamn China virus.
genki.png

Anyone else who ordered get theirs yet? Really hope it lives up to the expectations. Right now I'm spending a ton of time at my parents' house because of medical issues, so that's where my Switch dock is and that means portable only when I'm at home since I don't feel like packing it all up every night. It'll be nice to be able to bring the dock back home and just carry the Genki around with me.

• 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Finally... would have had this in early Feb if not for the goddamn China virus.
View attachment 275425

Anyone else who ordered get theirs yet? Really hope it lives up to the expectations. Right now I'm spending a ton of time at my parents' house because of medical issues, so that's where my Switch dock is and that means portable only when I'm at home since I don't feel like packing it all up every night. It'll be nice to be able to bring the dock back home and just carry the Genki around with me.

I got mine a couple weeks ago. Works exactly as they advertised when I tested it out but company isn't sending me anywhere for the foreseeable future so it's just in my travel bag. Came with a nice little pouch; about the size of the charger that comes with Kindle tablets and Alexa dots.

Anyone pick this up and tried out the online play? Clubhouse Games™: 51 Worldwide Classics for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Game Details

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
8bitdo sn30 pro+ is the one of the dumbest names for a controller but "feels" the best, better than pro controller, bought it along w/ xenoblade cuz wife said pro controller is "ok'ish"

hell, i've been using old 360 controllers for pc gaming, this horribly named controller has replaced it (just bought bt4 adapter and it's all plug n play, games see it as a xbox controller, no funky 3rd party programs to futz with)

i don't care for nostalgia, that said the snes scheme does look nice.

• 1Like

Vorph

If you download the 8bitdo software you can do a bunch of extra stuff with it too. By default there's a turbo button (Star) on PC, but on Switch that's mapped to the screenshot button. Using the software you can add turbo for Switch, and macros to both XInput and Switch. Macros are turned on and off with Star+Up, so it's ok to map a macro to any button you like and just switch it to the macro function when it's needed.

Vorph

My Switch Pro Controller usually takes 2-4 presses of the Home button to reconnect and wake the thing too, which is annoying enough that I was already getting in the habit of pressing the button on the Switch itself.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah with a pro controller you just hit home button to wake the switch up, a big reason why i stick with my pro controller over third party controllers im lazy as fuck and keep all my consoles in a rack behind the TV out of sight and all my controllers in front of my TV.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I have a pro controller. Shit never woke up for me, granted I never tried pressing home multiple times and just assumed it doesn’t wake up after a single press.

Vorph

It rarely works on the first try (maybe 1/10 for me). The lights cycle as it looks for a BT connection, then it times out. So it's not like you can press it multiple times quickly to get it to wake up, you have to wait a few seconds each time.

Nothing between me and the Switch to obstruct it, and since it's only like 3-4 feet away I just lean over and press the Switch's power button instead.

• 1Solidarity

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
I keep the home button pressed on my pro controller until the switch wakes up, takes about 3 seconds. Works every time.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i "hold" the home button to wake the switch, probabaly cuz it's the same way for ps4, both work with 3s holding. (no idea on xbox, probably the same)

Vorph

Always messes me up when I switch to xbox from ps4... I pick up the controller, press the button for half a second, walk away while it turns on, then come back and wonder why the damn TV is still off. Oh yeah, you have to hold it down. asldkfjasldfja;sldaj

joz123

Potato del Grande
I only hold the PS button when I want to close an app because it's quicker than going through the menus.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
huge e-shop sale going on right now. Even some nintendo AAA down to $40

• 1Like