Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I'll be honest, my daughter docks our switch on our 4k LG OLED, and it looks pretty damn good as is. So I don't see a reason to upgrade. Especially because she finally got the switch for Christmas.
What's the frame rate on most Switch games? Having gotten used to my PC's 165hz monitor, trying to play anything significantly less than 60 is unbearable.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Home menu is 720p, individual games are highly variable some will be 720p 30fps, 900p or a small amount actually do hit 1080p 60fps. This only applies when docked of course.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Can't believe this system is already 4 years old! damn, time flies! I still love my Switch, and put it up there as one of the best consoles I've ever purchased. Still waiting for the new Metroid, though...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Alternatively, if you just want a grip I can recommend this:

Pretty big difference in comfort, assuming you don't have child hands. Holds the Switch in place really well, feels good to use.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The back buttons alone make the Hori Split Pad Pro the far superior choice imo. Plus you get way better sticks than the sad excuses they put in joycons, and a real d-pad. Only downside is that unless you use something like the PowerA Enhanced Wireless controller then you'll be wishing you had the back buttons all the time while playing docked.

I wouldn't buy a skinned one though, plain black is only $40.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What's the frame rate on most Switch games? Having gotten used to my PC's 165hz monitor, trying to play anything significantly less than 60 is unbearable.
Trash in Links awakening, Minecraft dungeon. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re in the 20s and dip into the teens. They slideshow. But some games like botw run great on it. Some frame dips but rare. Links awakening and Minecraft it’s constant. It’s such a weak system. My kid could play it 12 hours a day if we let him though so 🤷‍♂️

If you have problems with anything under 60 then the switch is not for you.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Have Brigandine, that might be enough weeb.

Never been a fan of X Com, might try NOrdgard tho.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
i just happened across this pre-order
1837fed137ebcd2c1d8e8fdb54610f2e.png

8Bitdo Pro 2 Bluetooth Controller for Switch, PC, macOS, Android, Steam & Raspberry Pi (Black Edition) - Nintendo Switch

i ordered one cuz i'm happy with the snpro 1 i got and for some reason i can't make the 360 controllers connect to my htpc no more so i'm out a controller (wireless) for the pc

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
unfortunately the 8bitdo's cant turn on your switch so that makes it a no buy for me. ps4/ps5 third party controllers have the same problem.

• 1Solidarity

Vorph

i just happened across this pre-order
Nice, had no idea there was a new revision coming out. Really wish they'd throw away the d-pads with triangles on them and only use the 3-line ones on the G Classic though. I'd rather have a black one, but I'm not buying the inferior d-pad.

Back buttons >>>>>>>>>>>>>> turning on the console, especially when you get used to having them in portable mode (Hori Split Pad Pro) and go back to not having them when docked.

Vorph

yes, even this new pre order cannot turn on the switch
Yeah, Nintendo will never allow a third party controller to turn the Switch on. Same goes for Amiibo reading and "HD" rumble (which is a joke anyway).

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
so i got the new controller and immediately it felt different, feels textured, not in a bad way.

but i don't like the macro buttons, i have to "think" about not hitting them, but i'll probably get used to it, what i didn't know was that i can download the controller software as an app now and upload profiles that way, that sounds cool i'll play with that more later,

we just did a quick game of overcooked.

the app has a 2 out of 5 rating so far... but thats cuz faggots are giving 1 star b/c it only has pro2 support (it's only for the new controller).

joz123

Potato del Grande
so i got the new controller and immediately it felt different, feels textured, not in a bad way.

but i don't like the macro buttons, i have to "think" about not hitting them, but i'll probably get used to it, what i didn't know was that i can download the controller software as an app now and upload profiles that way, that sounds cool i'll play with that more later,

we just did a quick game of overcooked.

the app has a 2 out of 5 rating so far... but thats cuz faggots are giving 1 star b/c it only has pro2 support (it's only for the new controller).
english GIF

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users