Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Djay

Trakanon Raider
It went back up on Amazon today and I got one pre-ordered. Thanks all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

these are new split pad compacts which are smaller. i have the original sp pros (only attached controllers I use when undocked) and they are great

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Wish this game was on PS5 or anything more recent than the telemetry systems from the Apollo 13.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Wish this game was on PS5 or anything more recent than the telemetry systems from the Apollo 13.
Emulation's getting pretty good, although this being new and possibly pushing limits means it'll take a while to run even just stable on emulators but being a big title there's likely going to be an effort into optimizing it. Still mostly gonna look like a Switch game but usually you can get 60FPS out of the games that are otherwise dropping frames on Switch proper which is nice enough.

Alternatively can just wait for the next Nintendo platform to release a remaster.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Was a tossup for me between playing this or Ori next. So I'm kinda jumping between them. The Bayonetta series is weird and I don't think I "get it" in general, but it's fun. Looking at Bayonetta 3 in motion, the gulf between Switch graphics and what this would look like on a PS5 is humongous. Even my PS4 games look better than this.

The animations are good. But everything has that kind of washed-out, low-detail "Switch look" that I'm really not that into.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Blasphemous is on sale for $6 (!!!) on the eshop.

Looks like Ender's Lillies is sort of on sale, $18 instead of the usual $24.

Timespinner is normal price, $20.

Those are the 3 things I wanted to get next. Grabbed Blasphemous, gonna wait and see if the other two dip for Black Friday. I could buy them now easily enough but I don't want to feel dumb if they pop up for $8 or something in a few weeks. I might regret not grabbing EL if it doesn't go on sale for BF. Well, whatever. Mainly just wanted to post about the super-good Blasphemous deal.

spronk

FPS noob
if anyone wants the pokemon oled switch its up at most retailers. the black friday nintendo deal is the mario kart v2 switch with the game for $299, and its not an oled switch

• 2Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Was a tossup for me between playing this or Ori next. So I'm kinda jumping between them. The Bayonetta series is weird and I don't think I "get it" in general, but it's fun. Looking at Bayonetta 3 in motion, the gulf between Switch graphics and what this would look like on a PS5 is humongous. Even my PS4 games look better than this.

The animations are good. But everything has that kind of washed-out, low-detail "Switch look" that I'm really not that into.
I bought this on a whim a few days having never played a Bayonetta game - this is, easily, the ugliest, shittiest graphics game I've played in 5 years. It's horribly optimized when docked and looks like complete fucking garbage. Even if the game was great (I made it to chapter 7 or so before bailing), it's genuinely terrible to play because of the framerate, resolution and the washed out bullshit we've all come to expect from Switch.

I was playing this (and Xenoblade 3 this summer) thinking, man, imagine how cool these games could look if they were powered by something even slightly more powerful than my fucking IPHONE. I wish this system and Nintendo in general would DIAFF

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I bought this on a whim a few days having never played a Bayonetta game - this is, easily, the ugliest, shittiest graphics game I've played in 5 years. It's horribly optimized when docked and looks like complete fucking garbage. Even if the game was great (I made it to chapter 7 or so before bailing), it's genuinely terrible to play because of the framerate, resolution and the washed out bullshit we've all come to expect from Switch.

I was playing this (and Xenoblade 3 this summer) thinking, man, imagine how cool these games could look if they were powered by something even slightly more powerful than my fucking IPHONE. I wish this system and Nintendo in general would DIAFF

I completely agree. Feels like I'm playing a PS3 game when I fire up one of these washed-out Switch games.

Bayonetta 3 is doing nothing for me overall but it's fairly short and something to do on a train ride that doesn't require any real thinking.

I like the Switch as a concept (the portable nature and all) but I'd give that up to have PS5-level visuals in Nintendo exclusives. Make a real system, Nintendo. A Switch Pro or whatever. Something that's stronger than a Wii U in docked mode and stronger than a PS3 in portable mode.

• 2Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I completely agree. Feels like I'm playing a PS3 game when I fire up one of these washed-out Switch games.

Bayonetta 3 is doing nothing for me overall but it's fairly short and something to do on a train ride that doesn't require any real thinking.

I like the Switch as a concept (the portable nature and all) but I'd give that up to have PS5-level visuals in Nintendo exclusives. Make a real system, Nintendo. A Switch Pro or whatever. Something that's stronger than a Wii U in docked mode and stronger than a PS3 in portable mode.
Yeah it wasn't that bad when it was released, but we've made some big strides graphically since then. The concept is great but the system itself is just unpleasant currently (especially bad when popping off my pc which is 4k 144hz).

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I've been playing that Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle lately and its pretty addictive.

It plays like a Final Fantasy Tactics Lite, but has some cool ideas you don't see elsewhere.

The game is a few years old and a sequel came out last month, but its down to 20 bucks in some places currently.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I really like it and it was often on sale, curious for how the sequel is.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah it wasn't that bad when it was released, but we've made some big strides graphically since then. The concept is great but the system itself is just unpleasant currently (especially bad when popping off my pc which is 4k 144hz).
I disagree. I thought it was pretty shitty when it released too.

• 1Worf

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Pokemon reviews confirm the performance is dog shit, to no one's surprise. Almost every headline is about technical issues.

• 1Tiresome
  • 1Like