No Man's Sky

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I love what they've done with this game. FUN.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I need to start playing this sometimes, but doesn't look like there's any room in the near future. At least the more I wait the more shit they seem to add to the game. Screens look cool.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Question about the expeditions:

Uhh, where is this data saved? As I mentioned earlier, I'm having a hard time with NMS, in the fact I find myself continually restarting, and kinda tired of it. But I'm up for doing expeditions so long as this isn't just some local save file stuff. Any ideas of this?

pysek

<Gold Donor>
You start a new expedition like a new game in a new save slot. When it's over all characters get access to all rewards and the expedition character eventually reverts to a normal save file. You can delete it at any time.

Is that what you're asking?

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
On PC, at least, all the saves including expedition unlocks are saved locally. There are save editors that essentially turn normal games into sandbox and allow you to unlock any expedition or twitch reward. The journey is definitely the highlight of NMS though, especially in expeditions. Save editing will remove that but it can help for some of the buggy and/or annoying quests and missions.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
As for where specifically, there's usually only 3 places game saves are in:
My Documents/My Games
Steam\steamapps\common\number of the game on steam (and in some cases in Steam\userdata\number of your account\number of the game but this is usually just config files and shit)
Windows config files shit at C:\Users\yourusername\Appdata(hidden by default, need to show hidden files) and then it's in one of the 3 directories, usually local or locallow but sometimes roaming too

Usually googling it will tell you though. First result from google:
Image result for no man's sky save data location
Go to your Hello Games save file folder.

C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Hello Games.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Ok yes this is what I like. I'll give the expeditions a try, but I'm not sure why I'm like this but when a game has content to conqueor but said content can just be save edited without consequence, it kinda makes me much less motivated to do it. Even if it's fun. Maybe that's the more competitive nature in me or something, but either way I'll give them a try and see how fun it is for me

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
The other thing to keep in mind, as you complete the expeditions, the rewards are redeemable in future saves, including expeditions, through the quicksilver vendor on the anomaly.

So if you complete the current expedition, you're able to get the S class gold vector as soon as you get into space on your next run through.

ugc.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

pysek

<Gold Donor>
Expedition #3 starts today if you missed out on it before.

Gator

Molten Core Raider

• 1Like

pysek

<Gold Donor>
Got my sentinel pet and working on all the upgrades to Minotaur. FUN.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This went live today. So if I start a Fresh game can I go right to the outlaw content?

pysek

<Gold Donor>
I don't know why you wouldn't, but I'm just now loggin in to play around myself.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Well I've played almost 50 hours of this since the patch and not crashed once, which I think proves that my new PC build is pretty fucking stable.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I bought this game for PS4 at release and put it away due to the shitshow. Now that they have achieved the greatest redemption story arc in the history of video game companies, and my PS4 is in a landfill, is it worth buying for PC at half price?

• 1Like