No Man's Sky

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I can see it being a game that I tinker w/ every night like I do Rocket League. Hop in and explore a couple of planets.

Not sure I want to spend $60 on that though.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I've always expected and looked forward to a single player exploration game with occasional glimpses of other players, maybe like Destiny "zones." I haven't spoiled myself through any leak videos but I assume a lot of complaints will be addressed with the inevitable day zero patch.

Sounds like you'll get a procedurally-generated single player exploration game that will have no glimpses of other players because this isn't really online outside of trophies/achievements. My big turn off was learning that there is basically no customization. The game is literally fly to planet, mine resources (none of the repercussions/changes of which stay that way once you leave), rinse and repeat x1000, get to center of universe/galaxy and....? All of the naming sounds like it is also procedurally-generated.

Did any of the leaks actually say what was at the center?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I find it amusing that all the gaming outlets are doing streams of the thing having purchased copies in NYC where the street date has been broken. I watched like the first 60 seconds and it looked interesting enough. Is it $60 interesting? Not sure, especially when Rebel Galaxy is one of the PS+ titles for this month.

spronk

FPS noob
its official, pc release won't be until Aug 12th (72 hours after PS4). PS4 version still aug 9th, next tue

xzi

Mouthbreather
its official, pc release won't be until Aug 12th (72 hours after PS4). PS4 version still aug 9th, next tue

wow you mean No Mans Sky was delayed again? I am shocked to heard this news. SHOCKED

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I still don't get this games appeal, has what I hope is good tech for future games, but thats about it

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Glad PC version is delayed and streams are up - saves me an impulse buy while I wait and see how it turns out.

Anyone spent much time watching the streams have any impressions?

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Twitch was banning them last night. I got on a few for about 5 minutes, watched one a day or two ago for 30+ minutes. The game looks like explorers and casuals will enjoy it. Seems to be a resource gathering fest for upgrades, market for sale and purchase, naming stuff you find first, token cute-ish minecraft like animals you can name or tame (planet only), underground portions etc.

The worlds I saw looks fine. Nothing great, they looked varied enough. The stuff you want seems not super difficult to find but it looks like you needs a good amount. I watched several people trying to build warp drives and upgrades to their harvesting gear so they could obtain rarer stuff. From the minutes i spent watching the game it seems this is the primary motivator. Upgrade or build shit you need and move on while harvesting on the way.

I don't think the game is horrendous or anything. I just think people expecting Tie Fighter, MineCraft, Shadowbane (defend your planet or resources) haven't been paying attention.

That stuff might come in a different game once the bones of this one get fleshed out. What is there now is a Minecraft-esq game with the gathering of the resources for crafting / survival and such but not so much on the building part. More of a explore, rape world for what you need, build items you need and leave for the next.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Like someone else said, this is for bong hits and zoning out... not sure if worth 60 bucks.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>

I'll be honest, this is all I really need out of the game for it to be enjoyable for me.

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
Ah thats pretty cool, ever mentioned if you can buy/make new ships? Or only upgrade the one you have....be cool to eventually make some behemoth planet eater and just gobble up XxDiCkSaUsAgExX planet out of existence. Haha that didnt come out as intended but whatever!!!

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Ah thats pretty cool, ever mentioned if you can buy/make new ships? Or only upgrade the one you have....be cool to eventually make some behemoth planet eater and just gobble up XxDiCkSaUsAgExX planet out of existence. Haha that didnt come out as intended but whatever!!!

One of the streams I watched said there were different ships. Mining, trading and war IIRC but not sure if it true or not I've only seen one. Entirely possible it is just a module you swap out and the actual body of the ship is the same.

Oldbased

> Than U
Caught a twitch stream of it from a guy who had no followers and about 4000 watching it a few days back. Gameplay to me was terrible. Walk around scan stuff, grab stuff, talk to a npc and off to space to do the same on another one of the zillion planets. You can name places/worlds but they claim so many planets are generated you'll probably never come across another players planet which to me sounds like someone is saying Frogloks are in when they aren't.
If someone wants a good exploration/world discovery game I suggest trying Subnautica for about 80% less cost.

I got a feeling this game is going to be one of those popular for a week or two and everyone dumps the insanely stupid price of $60 on and then quickly regrets not waiting until it is drastically cheaper.