No Man's Sky

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm super hyped. I don't want to be, but I can't help it. They are supposed to give a release date very soon according to the head developer dude, Sean Murray.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I'm super hyped. I don't want to be, but I can't help it. They are supposed to give a release date very soon according to the head developer dude, Sean Murray.
Yeah I can't believe how hyped I am. Don't remember a game I was quite this excited for other than Firefall back in it's alpha trailer days.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
It's an MMO in the sense that millions could be online, connected to their "cloud" server. From everything I have read, actually running into other players, will be extremely rare.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
See my post from July 2014, in this thread:

Also, this is not an MMO and it should be in Other Games, but the last time I moved something out of this terrible sub-forum, there was a lot of butthurt.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
See my post from July 2014, in this thread:
post-38727-NPH-I-request-the-highest-of-f-P6wG.gif

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I want to get pumped for this but everytime I watch the videos I just go "meh." I mean, I can't be the only one right? I appreciate the scale of what they're doing, but I don't "get it."

Also last time we moved a thread from MMO <-> Other Games people flipped the fuck out. I almost considered it for the humor of it, but ultimately decided against it.

Soy beat me to it, that bitch

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I get it as you do what you want.

What I like about it a lot is the color and brightness. One reason I loved the first Farcry game was because it was on a tropical island and an FPS instead of the usual dark corridors or whatever. The views were amazing and so bright and colorful. This does the same thing and allows me to just roam around exploring either with ease and safety or killing all I see.

I feel this is the Skyrim without the quests and on an astronomical scale.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wait, I thought this was a single player game with some co-op? Certainly not a "MMO".

I believe everybody is technically playing in the same universe and you could potentially meet up with anybody playing in it. Its just that the amount of worlds is so vast there is also seems a good chance of never actually seeing anybody. The total scope of the game is so gigantic it seems like you would pretty much have to go out of your way to meed up with somebody and have to have come clue as to where they are to group up.

moontayle

Golden Squire
The moneyshot toward the end where they're just cruising around the galaxy passing thousands of stars, and knowing each one is one you can visit, is seriously one of the coolest things I've seen in a game in a long time.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I believe everybody is technically playing in the same universe and you could potentially meet up with anybody playing in it. Its just that the amount of worlds is so vast there is also seems a good chance of never actually seeing anybody. The total scope of the game is so gigantic it seems like you would pretty much have to go out of your way to meed up with somebody and have to have come clue as to where they are to group up.
But, theoretically, you could tell your online pals to meet up at planet "X" and you'd all see each other?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Depends if everyone is on the same server, or if it will be like Destiny's "same server" bullshit

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Depends if everyone is on the same server, or if it will be like Destiny's "same server" bullshit
This will be different. Sure if somehow one planet gets crowded (low odds) maybe they will split into multiple servers but I think the chance that half a dozen people somehow linking up would give them one server is high.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope there would be some sort of navigation system in the game that would allow players to find / travel to a specific known planet, haven't seen that mentioned so far. I can't help but to be really hyped for this game, we could form up an armada and take over stations planets, maybe break the Sentinals! lol

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
But, theoretically, you could tell your online pals to meet up at planet "X" and you'd all see each other?
That is my understanding you could give a location and they would be able to warp over to you or something of that nature. Mostly I think what you are going to see is other peoples "foot prints". Worlds/animals/things they discovered.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
That is a great video. I can't wait to see the other ones when they release them.