No Man's Sky

Denaut

Trump's Staff
I meant the games we were working on, I never played Soma. :D

So far I'm not really enjoying NMS, they really need to hire an experienced designer to smack them upside the head when they have dumb ideas like everything has a small and constant use meter and you click lots of buttons all the time without ever making any actual decisions.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I meant the games we were working on, I never played Soma. :D

So far I'm not really enjoying NMS, they really need to hire an experienced designer to smack them upside the head when they have dumb ideas like everything has a small and constant use meter and you click lots of buttons all the time without ever making any actual decisions.

You should have bought Soma instead of this. Sorry, I failed you. And yeah, constantly recharging life support/shielding from tox/heat/cold, whatever else, gets old quick. You have about 5 minutes of play time before you are scrambling to find something to recharge or fix. Half the game is this so get used to it :) You may want to try the creative mode where none of that matters and you can just explore and build stuff.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
You should have bought Soma instead of this. Sorry, I failed you. And yeah, constantly recharging life support/shielding from tox/heat/cold, whatever else, gets old quick. You have about 5 minutes of play time before you are scrambling to find something to recharge or fix. Half the game is this so get used to it :) You may want to try the creative mode where none of that matters and you can just explore and build stuff.

You do eventually get better shields and stuff right?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
You do eventually get better shields and stuff right?

Yeah. Takes a while. You can purchase some at the galaxy stations. Problem is slots. And finding new multi tools and such is usually a long way off before you can afford any of it.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Yeah. Takes a while. You can purchase some at the galaxy stations. Problem is slots. And finding new multi tools and such is usually a long way off before you can afford any of it.

I must have gotten lucky, only visited my 2nd planet and random dude in spacestation offered me a better multi-tool

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I do like what they have done with content. But they need to ease up on a few things.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
25 hours in now and I have a 20 slot multi tool with 19 upgrades, a decent class A ship with warp and some upgrades and my exo suit is 34 slots with 9 cargo slots as I have been doing drop pod farming the past 4 hours. Not sure what the max on it is, but at the rate I am gaining slots I am beginning to wonder if I even need a better ship. I need to work on money next. I am sitting at only 5 million units which I used to think was a lot until I saw a ship land I wanted and it was 30 million units. Once I got happy on the space station, those 2000 nano units went quickly. At times the game does feel grindy and dull and with over 5000 hours in games like Rust, Ark, 7d2d and a few others I know all about the survival grind. My complaint is mostly travel times and the fact my ship can't see the stuff I can on foot so you have to land the ship and then run around for 20 minutes. The other complaint is that while they did a fantastic job of giving worlds life and assets to plants/animals and proper environments, the actual things in the worlds remain all the same. Little bases, with broken machines mostly identical. That can easily be added onto and I hope they do!.

When this game first released, I swore to never buy it. I assumed given the state it was in that they would cash out like most companies do and move on to the next project.
I'm glad they didn't. Easily worth the $25, however I feel very few games if any are worth $60. When I can get 2000 hours out of Rust for $10 on sales and 2000 hours in Ark for $20, it is going to have to be a pretty damn good game for me.

I see myself putting in another 40 hours, probably this weekend since I am off until Tuesday to get my character where I want with the ship, gun and finishing up the exo upgrade farming. Then the nice thing is that I can move on to another game and when I come back, it should be as I left it and I won't be behind a curve or worthless. After that I will probably load up a perma death game and just casually go about things over time.

Game has lots of good and some bads. I almost feel like if they added npcs outside their little cargo container bases in a variety of agressions and upped the wildlife with a tad more aggression and all but REMOVED sents then the game would be better. It feels as if I am being harassed everyplace I go. They are easy to deal with but the frequency is just annoying most of the time, not exciting.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
If you are that far in don’t you want to find a nice class M planet and build a base and settle down?

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
So, is this worth a look now? I remember people saying it was shit back at launch, but now I see many, many people playing it (and enjoying) on Twitch. Also, what sort of a game is it? From the little I've seen it seems to be an open ended space based survival game, sort of Minecraft meets Elite: Dangerous.

Edit: Also, how are the controls? E:D is for all intent and purpose unplayable without a HOTAS setup, which is fine for that type of game to be honest. But how is this? Good with KB+Mouse, or X-Box controller?

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
So, is this worth a look now? I remember people saying it was shit back at launch, but now I see many, many people playing it (and enjoying) on Twitch. Also, what sort of a game is it? From the little I've seen it seems to be an open ended space based survival game, sort of Minecraft meets Elite: Dangerous.

Edit: Also, how are the controls? E:D is for all intent and purpose unplayable without a HOTAS setup, which is fine for that type of game to be honest. But how is this? Good with KB+Mouse, or X-Box controller?

So I use KB+Mouse when out of the ship and it works great of course. But KB+M is super shitty for flying imo, I need to try and change the bindings or switch to a controller since I hear its way better (also KB+M can't free look in the ship apparently)

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Ugh yeh the constant repair and recharging is a PITA.

• 1Like

Cybsled

You aren't kidding about KB+M sucking for flying. Jesus, at least give us the option of using the arrow keys instead of the mouse if they're going to make the mouse steering such garbage.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Bought this back around release day. I tried out survival mode first. Aiming is nearly impossible on PS4. Dead immediately. Switched to normal mode and found that I have to recharge my thermal protection every three minutes with sodium. Doesn't look promising.

• 1Like

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
You aren't kidding about KB+M sucking for flying. Jesus, at least give us the option of using the arrow keys instead of the mouse if they're going to make the mouse steering such garbage.

Have you tried changing the flying from tethered to locked? I heard that makes it better for some people, can be found on the main options menu.

• 1Like

Rabkorik

Silver Knight of the Realm
I really want to use my xbox 360 controller for this game but whenever I use it the look and movement gets stuck and my character and the camera just spin. I cannot for the life of me figure out why.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I found a safe planet kind of so I may just stay out in this tropical rock. Only hazard is when it rains the temp soars to 230 fucking degrees so I have to find shelter every twenty minutes.

• 1Like