No Man's Sky

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Have you tried changing the flying from tethered to locked? I heard that makes it better for some people, can be found on the main options menu.

This^^

Makes a huge difference. Ive gotten the hang of space combat and am making a bit of cash from it.

Cybsled

Have you tried changing the flying from tethered to locked? I heard that makes it better for some people, can be found on the main options menu.

Thanks for this, made flying actually work. What the fuck is the point of tether? lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
So I finally caved and steam got more of my money... I feel so dirty, but a good dirty. I usually fucking hate games heavy on crafting and survival elements, however, I do love spaceships and exploring. I feel that this game has so much potential to have all types of players inhabit the world.After playing for 8 hours I have determined that this game needs to support more players per instance to make the world feel more alive. A larger player economy would be cool too allowing players who like mining better to make dough supplying resources to more exploring and dogfight types. I dont know what kind of play style I want yet so choosing a species is a bit troubling.

Anyways, I will be online tonight so feel free to add me on steam: Mr.Bungle

Send me a message either on here or steam letting me know that you're from FOH.

Thanks and enjoy the universe.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
If it was an open world we could test some of the infinite theories. :)

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Not sure if I ran into a bug here or what but I ave only jumped twice, and found a nice class M planet aside from 200 degree weather storms in which I just take shelter for a bit, but I came across this ancient key cargo thing and inside was an item that sold for two million credits lol. Woot :) went to another planet in the same system and found a crashed freighter. Salvaged all the cargo and sold those contents for another 3.5 million! I now have a 22 slot multitool haha! :)

Oldbased

> Than U
If you are that far in don’t you want to find a nice class M planet and build a base and settle down?

TLDR for most people. Still enjoying the miserable grinds in short.

I found a nice frozen one I am thinking about. It stays around -85F but like Rust, 7D2D and ARK I lived almost entirely in cold.
First off, for me having a ice/snowy world makes it so much easier to see everything and easier on my old tired eyes.
Second, in the hot summer a ice area in gaming seems good. Mostly I always go ice due to the fact that it is harsh to keep some new raiders away but that doesn't apply to NMS.
Planet is full of cobalt, copper and other crap too and my new multitool can blast through 2 cobalt nodes before overheating.

Still working on my exo. I think I am 38 main 7 tech and 15 expanded cargo slots now. I assume there is a cap some point. Still rocking the class a fighter 29 slot +49% damage but I seen a ship last night I want so bad for the low price of 110 million units.

Still haven't figured out the best way to store old ships other than to build a base. I'm sure I'm doing that wrong.
As for environments I use the advanced haz stuff, temp, radiation, toxic and I keep stacks of 500 oxygen, condensed carbon, mag ferite and stuff in the expanded cargo slots on the exo suit and every night restock it.

I don't mind long grindy games as I put time into a game anyways but I can see where many would not like that.
I've had a few bugs where I had to save via save point or ship exit and restart but no crashes. They need to patch in a soul though, but considering the amount of things generated, they done good to date fixing and adding free content.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Not sure if I ran into a bug here or what but I ave only jumped twice, and found a nice class M planet aside from 200 degree weather storms in which I just take shelter for a bit, but I came across this ancient key cargo thing and inside was an item that sold for two million credits lol. Woot :) went to another planet in the same system and found a crashed freighter. Salvaged all the cargo and sold those contents for another 3.5 million! I now have a 22 slot multitool haha! :)
Nah, I had moments like that too then you start finding ships and resources that cost 2 million each or ships that cost 100+ million. The 2nd system starbase onward has missions that pay well and you'll find like a hundred modules/blueprints for sale and you jump from getting 1 upgrade to doing dozens in a span of a night. then you can start taking down those 300k+ bounty hunting or 5 pirates wanting yer shit with ease.

• 1Like

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Public service announcement.

I don't understand why people are recommending this game even now.

I played for around 40 hours at launch and after some of the patches and mostly found the game a joyless, grindy, meaningless experience.

I've also started a new game after the latest patch and found the game to be...a joyless, grindy, slightly less meaningless experience.

So, yay?

You're still doing the same shit - grinding elements among a bunch of planets that either suck or don't suck quite as bad. Now there are quests and the annoying robots are..slightly more annoying.

If you didn't like what this game was at launch I still so no reason to buy it. Sure, if you can get it on sale you'll have less reason to be disapointed but its a real stretch to call this game fun, at least imho.

Conan exiles - now there is a grindy, buggy, ugly game that is at least fun...

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Public service announcement.

I don't understand why people are recommending this game even now.

I played for around 40 hours at launch and after some of the patches and mostly found the game a joyless, grindy, meaningless experience.

I've also started a new game after the latest patch and found the game to be...a joyless, grindy, slightly less meaningless experience.

So, yay?

You're still doing the same shit - grinding elements among a bunch of planets that either suck or don't suck quite as bad. Now there are quests and the annoying robots are..slightly more annoying.

If you didn't like what this game was at launch I still so no reason to buy it. Sure, if you can get it on sale you'll have less reason to be disapointed but its a real stretch to call this game fun, at least imho.

Conan exiles - now there is a grindy, buggy, ugly game that is at least fun...

Completely agree with this so far, including the part about Conan.

I'm going to try one last time with create mode before I chuck the game into the trash.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
What makes Conan better? Reason I ask is now that I have money and made a small base, I’m starting to do more exploring and while it’s still procedural, there is way more to find now. Digging up crashed Cargo from freighters (digging them out of the ground with your terrain mine), finding ancient keys to open buried treasure, refining in my base and heading out to find more things, seems space battles are better? I still need to build a planetary vehicle, etc. I dunno. I like it a lot better now than before.

Last edited:

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
I unlocked my freighter last night, got a new multi tool, and upgraded my ships weaponry. I didnt realize how much work it takes to fix a ship while aggressive sentinels are on the prowl.

• 1Like

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
So, making money made stupid simple. Probably want to hit this up before they fix it.

Go to an abandoned facility, the ones with the eggs outside.

Use the terrain tool to carve out all around the eggs. Dig underneath it and make a small tunnel off to the side pitched down.

Go underneath the eggs and in the small catch basin/tunnel and mine the eggs.

Eggs will roll down right to you and the Horrors that spawn wont go under the ground level. Each eggs gets you about 95k. Each pod has about 5 to 7 eggs. Each base has about 5 to 6 pods. Go with a cleared out inventory and rake in about 4+ million per base. Can do the whole base in about 20 minutes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Someone entered my game and created a penis right next to my base. Haha love it.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
So, making money made stupid simple. Probably want to hit this up before they fix it.

Go to an abandoned facility, the ones with the eggs outside.

Use the terrain tool to carve out all around the eggs. Dig underneath it and make a small tunnel off to the side pitched down.

Go underneath the eggs and in the small catch basin/tunnel and mine the eggs.

Eggs will roll down right to you and the Horrors that spawn wont go under the ground level. Each eggs gets you about 95k. Each pod has about 5 to 7 eggs. Each base has about 5 to 6 pods. Go with a cleared out inventory and rake in about 4+ million per base. Can do the whole base in about 20 minutes.

Dude thank you so much. Ive really been in need of a new ship and this might just save me a fuck ton of time.

• 1Like