No Man's Sky

Oldbased

> Than U
I sold 374 million worth of liquid explosives, living glass and circuit boards today. Would have been a lot more but I got suckered in to a new freighter I didn't really want but I HATED the one I started with and for some reason it bugged out and base salvage didn't work and I had to rebuild my farm from scratch. Patch may drop tomorrow or who knows when but I'd say by Monday for sure. When it does, I'll keep the farms going but it'll be 20 million every day or two instead of every 30 minutes or so which given the bankroll I have saved up now, should be plenty in addition to scanning, missions and eating only bologna.

Had quite a few people hop into my game today and it was obvious they were jumping to my base locations using station teleporter. Seems when you join someones game you get access to their waypoints. I could feel the sweat drip off them as they thought they was going to do some class a trolling only to find planet after planet of just a base computer and nothing else or a base computer and a wooden foundation with a gate on it. Mah base is in space and I've sent them boys on enough missions my C's are now B's and A's and some S's. How bout them nip nips.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bro's. Help me with this game.

I'm only 6ish hours in. I have my starter ship and mining tool. I have a really basic base. I have my starter freighter and sent out my first mission for the fleet ship. Around 1.5 million space bucks. I have an advanced mining laser and that's about it.

What should I be spending my time doing? Building a better base, mining and selling, exploring?

I want to improve my space ship and multitool. Plus have a functional base to kinda get the foundations going. I need money for all that and for building my Freighter fleet thing.

So... farm the whispering eggs maybe? How do I reliably find them if so?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Exploring yields lots of nanites, especially when you get to anomaly base and the guy gives you a ton of nanites for your discoveries/achievements. In turn, you can use the nanites to pimp out your ship and tool.

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also don't forget to upload your rare animal discoveries (hit P click on discoveries, then you have to hit E to upload each one) for more nanties.

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh that's all good thanks, I didn't know that.
Also saw a video where they said find repair ships, just repair the launch thrusters and engine or something... fly to a space station, and swap it for a working ship. Gonna try it now.

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
Exploring yields lots of nanites, especially when you get to anomaly base and the guy gives you a ton of nanites for your discoveries/achievements. In turn, you can use the nanites to pimp out your ship and tool.

"Abandoned buildings" and "unknown buildings" have a good chance of having them. DISCLAIMER! be careful getting those eggs. use the terrain manipulator to dig a funnel directly under the them and connect a tunnel to that funnel in order to have the eggs roll to you, leaving the monsters above. You should connect each egg cluster with an underground tunnel to ensure that you dont have to risk going above ground where the creatures will be. One more piece of advice, for the love of god EMPTY YOUR INVENTORY, there is nothing more frustrating than trying to grab an egg only top see that you have no slots left, Eggs conform to stacks of 5.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
NEXT Patch 1.55 - No Man's Sky

Really good patch today fixing lots of issues and nerfing farming some.
I just got home and cleared my harvest and solar vines do take 16 hours now but the rest are 3-4 hours or less.
I'm fine with this because I come across many planets with solar vines and I can go clear thousands in short time if I want.
So circuit boards and other things took a hit also on the market. About 10% from just glancing.
It's important to know my farm takes up about half of my 1st floor 19x19 freighter. Freighter bases can be 19x19x6 levels. I could easily expand my farm to be 20x the size it is now if I decided to do so. Doing so would net 140 million units per 16 hours but I am fine with the 20 million units even after the nerf for the 10 minutes it takes to collect the harvest and create 12 circuit boards, 8 liquid explosives and some living glass. Some people min/max that shit, why I don't know but I like a variety of plants so I make a variety of shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
NEXT Patch 1.55 - No Man's Sky

Really good patch today fixing lots of issues and nerfing farming some.
I just got home and cleared my harvest and solar vines do take 16 hours now but the rest are 3-4 hours or less.
I'm fine with this because I come across many planets with solar vines and I can go clear thousands in short time if I want.
So circuit boards and other things took a hit also on the market. About 10% from just glancing.
It's important to know my farm takes up about half of my 1st floor 19x19 freighter. Freighter bases can be 19x19x6 levels. I could easily expand my farm to be 20x the size it is now if I decided to do so. Doing so would net 140 million units per 16 hours but I am fine with the 20 million units even after the nerf for the 10 minutes it takes to collect the harvest and create 12 circuit boards, 8 liquid explosives and some living glass. Some people min/max that shit, why I don't know but I like a variety of plants so I make a variety of shit.

I wish I could be this good, but honestly im not a huge base builder or farmer. This game really needs to integrate peoples play styles into the market and quest aspects, imagine someone needs a resource but doesnt want to go mining, they could put out a contract for another player to fulfill., essentially replacing some of the generated quests with player generated contracts could make this game less grindy.

Oldbased

> Than U
I wish I could be this good, but honestly im not a huge base builder or farmer. This game really needs to integrate peoples play styles into the market and quest aspects, imagine someone needs a resource but doesnt want to go mining, they could put out a contract for another player to fulfill., essentially replacing some of the generated quests with player generated contracts could make this game less grindy.
I spent all afternoon finishing up operation and manufacturer outposts to get all the last 10 recipes I lacked. Mostly complex minerals but a few things like quantum processor and fusion cores. Now I can make the things like cyro gens and circuit boards were just a part of. They sell for 15 million each, was 18.5 million before patch today but still worth it.
The sad thing is my inventory is constantly like this now and with the advanced things, now I am always seeking all the gases instead of just 1 before. Pretty much I went from dealing in tens of thousands of units into dealing with purchasing millions of units of resources stacking up a massive hauler on the station to haul it back crafting multiple things in stages and once I have everything sell it back. So I invest millions and make back a hundred or so a day. I imagine lots of end game people do the same. Or they just use the cheat tool. If I wanted to use the cheat tool then why even bother buying the game. Had to break down and buy a hauler today due to this.

Life sure was simpler before I went to the end game stuff today, and probably more profitable.
I'm not good at it, I just spend a lot of time on it.

The patch today did unfuck me on my purge missions. I was stuck on 1 glyph and had found 9 graves that all gave me nothing since Next release. Turns out I should have been getting glyphs. So that is my next step.

A neat trick is that if you have your starship selected that has the scanners then in the warp room you can see the economy and other details of systems farther off.
You want to go for the advanced, affluent, booming, flourishing, high supply, opulent, prosperous and wealthy systems for best chances of stations and best S mod selections. Also better ships and resources.

• 1Like

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Another tip on the Eggs. Your dug out tunnels stay after you make them. And the eggs respawn. Plop down a beacon on one you find on your homeworld. They've nerfed it bit now though. Less eggs and each worth about 76,000, but still worthwhile.

The most important thing for your base is making a portal. Do that ASAP. You can port between your base and other systems which you have visited and your spaceship travels with you. You should only be using Warp Cores to visit new systems. After that, portal.

As far as farming.. I use Bio Domes. Each Bio Dome holds 16 different plants without the need to ever refuel. The only thing some people don't like is that putting a door in the side of the Bio Dome takes away 3 planting spaces, so they connect them from above and place ladders down into them. They look cool either way. Getting the blueprint for the Bio Dome only requires farming underground tech modules and feeding them to your blueprint analyzer at your base.

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
When cycling S class multi tool, is it only 1 gun per planet?
I found a system with a S class tool, in a Space Anomaly, with 5 different planets, but i only get one different gun per planet.
One of the planets gives me a 24 slot Alien Gun, but the stats aren't that great

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Trading for profit works rather well after the patch. I’m making 2-4 million per warp and that with very little effort to min:max it

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Google Fu coming up empty, is there really any reason to travel towards the center? Systems become more profitable? better ships?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Capture5 - Copy.JPG

Does anyone have these unlocked that could show me what I'm missing? Is it still more recipe blueprints?

• 1Like

FarmCheese

Trakanon Raider
View attachment 173375

Does anyone have these unlocked that could show me what I'm missing? Is it still more recipe blueprints?
When you do the Atlas quest line you will get these craftable balls. That is what you're missing right there. You will need ALL of them to get Heart of the Sun. Which is the last craftable ball which will lead you to getting a seed. You get one seed per galaxy afaik.

FarmCheese

Trakanon Raider
Google Fu coming up empty, is there really any reason to travel towards the center? Systems become more profitable? better ships?
Nothing more than more planets. The center of the galaxy is access to the next galaxy. REMEMBER!: ONCE YOU LEAVE YOUR GALAXY YOU CAN !!!NOT!!! RETURN. So make sure you sort your base out and such before you head to another galaxy.

There are 4 confirmed types of galaxies.
  • Imperfect galaxies, balanced spawn of planets. The Euclid and Hilbert are among these and are the most common ones
  • Raging galaxies, increased spawn of planets with extreme conditions. Calypso is the first one of these
  • Ancestral galaxies, increased spawn of exotic planets. Budullangr is the first one you will encounter
  • Tranquil galaxies, increased spawn of lush planets. The Eissentam, being the first