No Man's Sky

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
Just bought this for PC. Is there any way to make it less annoying to play with a mouse/keyboard? I'm thinking I should just refund the PC purchase and buy it for my PS4 instead. Seems like a great couch/controller/big screen game.

You could try changing the tethered aiming option to locked for maneuvering your ship. Helped me immensely for combat and in general.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The Internet Historian has blessed us once again! I would totally watch his Raid Shadow Legends adds as separate videos, those things are hilarious. Apart from the comedy I felt strangely moved by this video; the arc of redemption was just too strong. Also the reading of the short story at the end was perfection lol.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The Internet Historian has blessed us once again! I would totally watch his Raid Shadow Legends adds as separate videos, those things are hilarious. Apart from the comedy I felt strangely moved by this video; the arc of redemption was just too strong. Also the reading of the short story at the end was perfection lol.
I had to save the short story for later. I wasn’t quite ready for erotic after heart warming.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
I think that's half the reason I play the game as well. I want to just buy the universe.

• 1Solidarity

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Very much worth buying. It goes on sale pretty regular. Its an amazing game now.

1578975176618.png

Worth watching this:

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah, if you're on the fence then wait for a sale.

The gameplay loop is still relatively basic, if you don't enjoy things like basebuilding or exploring then you're not going to get a ton out of it. It gets better with every update though.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Based on the title I would say he is wrong.

Reduced baddening does not equal engoodening. The game still suffers from its fundamental flaws of really terribly designed game systems, adding more content on top that doesn't make the game good, it just pads out the already awful gameplay. It keeps you distracted longer for sure, and actually having bad systems with content is better than having bad systems with no content, but it still isn't good.

Keep in mind I sunk a decent few hours into it on two separate occasions when it was supposed to be "finally good" only to see none of the problems were actually addressed.

• 1Salty

Nija

<Silver Donator>
$60 for this game?! I paid $9 and it's worth somewhere between $9 and $20.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Interestingly enough, this is the only game I have ever bought and refunded twice.

This could end up being the best game ever created, with free handjobs and gold spewing out of the vents of my video card fan and I don't think I can bring myself to buy it again.

That second time was after it was so-called "fixed" and/or "improved" and, as stated above, the gameplay loop was still super boring to me.

Good on them for sticking to it and making it something after what could easily be described as the biggest lie ever perpetrated in vidya gaming, but the fact that no one was ever held accountable for the original sins still grates on me.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Worth buying now? I'm on the fence but I dunno how I feel about dropping 60. Maybe on sale?

If you pay full price for this 3 year old game you deserve to be taken for everything you've got.

• 1Like

Cybsled

This goes on sale frequently. I picked it up when it was like $15 or $20 a while back, I forget.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Nice to see they did some big improvments on the tech side of things. Being able to change every graphical setting without needing to restart the game and going through a shader build is a relief.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
A friend gifted this to me on steam when it first released and it was so bad that I returned it, a game I didn't even pay for.

Today I bought it despite being able to play a pirated version, because it has improved far beyond anything people expected. I wouldn't buy it at full price, but 50% off was good enough for me.

• 1Like